PDA

View Full Version : Would you believe....?

terrybigwheel
March 27th 06, 06:34 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted, but now I've seen
everthing!:eek:

http://tinyurl.com/hxelg

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

unisk8r
March 27th 06, 07:31 PM
how fast do those things go? 100 feet isn't that long of a course, or
maybe they have incredible acceleration.

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

monkeyman
March 27th 06, 07:34 PM
Interesting....I'm not quite sure I get it though...is it just anything
that has one "wheel" (as in, a big motorized roller would work?)

--
monkeyman

Radical Reed wrote:
> Truedat rap is, Rednecks Atempting Poetry

'just' (http://oldeenglish.org/gymclass.html) about the coolest thing
I've ever seen
I am an MRian prophet, follower of 768
monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

totally_hooked
March 27th 06, 07:51 PM
I've seen this sport on TV before. It's INSANE!

There is no balance involved, the machines consist of an engine and a
wheel and a throttle (with a dead man's handle). That's it. No more.

The "rider" just hangs on behind it, being dragged along the ground,
for dear life as the machine hurtles across a field towards the
spectators at the other end. Some (the minority from what I saw) have
some kind of control over the direction that they're travelling, but
it's not an awful lot!

I think the consumption of a clear brown liquid (not tea) before
driving one of these monsters is almost mandatory. I know I'd need some
:eek:

Hooked

--
totally_hooked

"The banana is big, but its skin is even bigger." - George Orwell
totally_hooked's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10069

remus
March 27th 06, 08:24 PM
sounds like fun, in a kinda painful way.

rem

--
remus

keep smiling, it makes people wander what your up to.:D
remus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11870

johnfoss
March 27th 06, 08:27 PM
I would believe in a subject line.

Yes, it's the subject-line police again. Some of us should know
better!

I've seen this stuff before, but will not suggest using the search to
find it as it's probably one of those hard-to-find ones. But the
site(s) that were linked before were longer and had more pictures.

Problem with those guys is they don't take seriously the idea of
*riding* something with one wheel. They assume you have to drag the
ground for it to work at all.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home