PDA

View Full Version : My NEW video with FIRST WW!

terrybigwheel
March 27th 06, 11:13 PM
Hey all,

Well, the old dude is back again with one more video, just shot and
edited yesterday, 3/26/06. Watch for a cool little 12" uni I'm riding!
(I think that's the size) My friend called me from the swap-meet
(Yesterday) telling me someone was selling a "20 inch" uni, and wanted
$20 for it. So I asked him to buy it and I would pay him for it...so he
did and it's in the vid.

Also, toward the end I try my very FIRST EVER wheel walk! Short, but
shweeet! (I would really love tips on if this is a good way to learn)
And there's a little something extra after the creds.

Please forgive my "mugging" for the camera at the beginning; I was just
goofin' off.:p No real big whoop on tricks, but there is stuff I
hadn't tried yet in this one. Hopping stuff is to a minimum this time.
:D

http://tinyurl.com/l38w4

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

manon1wheel
March 27th 06, 11:20 PM
cool, how long have you been riding?

--
manon1wheel

Riley

I LOVE YOU GILBY
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

terrybigwheel
March 27th 06, 11:23 PM
manon1wheel wrote:
> cool, how long have you been riding?

ABout 3 months for this type of riding. I used to tinker around on a
scwhinn back in the early 70's, but pretty much just basic
straight-forward riding, so all this trial/muni/coker is new to me.

PS: Did you DL the video already? That's FAST!!:) !

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

dale_dale
March 27th 06, 11:27 PM
ur not as old as u say you are....

nice video

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

manon1wheel
March 27th 06, 11:30 PM
yeah it took me like 10 seconds to download. why?

thats pretty cool. you seem to be whipping out videos like crazy!
keep them comming =)

--
manon1wheel

Riley

I LOVE YOU GILBY
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

terrybigwheel
March 27th 06, 11:36 PM
manon1wheel wrote:
> yeah it took me like 10 seconds to download. why?
>
> thats pretty cool. you seem to be whipping out videos like crazy!
> keep them comming =)

What??? Do you have Cable or dsl? You got to have that. (That's what I
need, bad!):o

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

terrybigwheel
March 27th 06, 11:54 PM
dale_dale wrote:
> ur not as old as u say you are....
>
> nice video

Unfortunately I am. But like I believe, age is simply concept invented
my man. I really think that "acting your age" when your MY age can be a
negative; I DO NOT act my age-yeah I gotta be responsible and all that
stuff, but my overall outlook on life is to just enjoy it all! People,
places, things.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

dale_dale
March 27th 06, 11:57 PM
terrybigwheel wrote:
> Unfortunately I am. But like I believe, age is simply concept invented
> my man. I really think that "acting your age" when your MY age can be a
> negative; I DO NOT act my age-yeah I gotta be responsible and all that
> stuff, but my overall outlook on life is to just enjoy it all! People,
> places, things.

thast nice, and i say well done

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

Radical Reed
March 27th 06, 11:59 PM
i'm downloading it now!
At this rate, by the summer you will have stared in more movies then
tom hanks:D

--
Radical Reed

'My Gallery has two vids in it'
(http://tinyurl.com/7of4d)
no body reads these any more
hurry up summer I miss MUni:(
01110010011001010110010101100100001000000110100101 11001100100000011100110110111100100000011000110110 11110110111101101100
decode this'Here' (http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php)
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

Radical Reed
March 28th 06, 12:03 AM
wow thats some good riding. as for the wheel walming I would say lean
back more, you'd be suprised at how far you have to lean back to keep
it going

--
Radical Reed

'My Gallery has two vids in it'
(http://tinyurl.com/7of4d)
no body reads these any more
hurry up summer I miss MUni:(
01110010011001010110010101100100001000000110100101 11001100100000011100110110111100100000011000110110 11110110111101101100
decode this'Here' (http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php)
Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

trials_uni
March 28th 06, 12:04 AM
that uni looks like either a 16" or a 12" im thinkin its a 12" though

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

terrybigwheel
March 28th 06, 12:07 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> that uni looks like either a 16" or a 12" im thinkin its a 12" though

I think a 12" too, but I actually haven't looked at the info on the
tire yet. fun little sucker to ride though! maybe I'll film some muni
and trials stuff on it for the heck of it!:D

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

trials_uni
March 28th 06, 12:09 AM
well i would just put it next to your summit then see how the size
compares...can you post a pic of the two? if i see i pic i can tell ya
for sure.

--

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

amanda.gallacher
March 28th 06, 12:13 AM
hey great video once again! i reali enjoy watching them :)

for the wheel walking, try to lean back more and make your pushes a lot
longer, at the moment they are too short, go from your toe to your
heel

ps. sorry if im not much help, im pretty tired

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

phlegm
March 28th 06, 12:15 AM
terrybigwheel wrote:
> Also, toward the end I try my very FIRST EVER wheel walk! Short, but
> shweeet! (I would really love tips on if this is a good way to learn)

It looks like you have a good way to start. You need to move each foot
along the wheel from toe to heel instead of quickly shuffling your feet
like you're doing in the video. You'll be moving a lot more slowly at
first, but you'll develop better control. Also, lean back a bit more
so you don't fall off of the front.

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

terrybigwheel
March 28th 06, 12:21 AM
amanda.gallacher wrote:
> hey great video once again! i reali enjoy watching them :)
>
> for the wheel walking, try to lean back more and make your pushes a lot
> longer, at the moment they are too short, go from your toe to your heel
>
> ps. sorry if im not much help, im pretty tired

Amanda and all,

Thanks so much for the WW tips! Makes sense so I will try it later
today!:)

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

terrybigwheel
March 28th 06, 12:22 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> well i would just put it next to your summit then see how the size
> compares...can you post a pic of the two? if i see i pic i can tell ya
> for sure.

Here's a pic for size comparison. It IS a 16" as stated on the tire,
but sure seems smaller..especially while riding it.

|Filename: my unis.jpg |

terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

trials_uni
March 28th 06, 12:22 AM
thats still pretty ace for 20 bucks!

--

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

terrybigwheel
March 28th 06, 12:25 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> thats still pretty ace for 20 bucks!

I like the saddle (on the tiny uni) because it's got such little
"curve", which is why I'm gonna make it into an air seat for my
coker!:D

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

terrybigwheel
March 28th 06, 12:33 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> sweet thenput the kh seat on the 16" and have a super lightweight trials
> uni

The KH fusion cover w/tube/foam (on the coker) will transfer to the
baby uni *base*, but I'm not sure if the baby uni seat *cover* will fit
on the KH base, plus I tossed the original KH molded foam...I'll have
to use a different piece of foam and try it.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

skianduniaddict
March 28th 06, 01:03 AM
y doesnt ur profile say ur age dont be ashamed wish my grand father
could uni;) :p jk ur not that old

--
skianduniaddict

number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

terrybigwheel
March 28th 06, 01:12 AM
skianduniaddict wrote:
> y doesnt ur profile say ur age dont be ashamed wish my grand father
> could uni;) :p jk ur not that old

Never listed it because I didn't think of it, plus you have to keep
changing it every year to keep it current.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

lucky_8
March 28th 06, 01:22 AM
nice video

--
lucky_8

life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

trials_uni
March 28th 06, 01:58 AM
terrry you dont change your age...you put your date of birth and it
keeps track for you...unless of course you were being sarcastic and
knew that already then i feel dumb

--

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

James_Potter
March 28th 06, 02:10 AM
heyyy, Beach Boys (: nice choice. I saw them in concert a few months
ago...anyway, sweet video. for the wheelwalking, you need to
straighten up more, and lean back. also, take bigger steps. I think
its pretty cool that even though time is passing, you're refusing to
grow up ( : I bet those people on that porch watching you wish they
could go have that much fun like they were still kids too ( ;

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael
atkinson.......................................... .....................................jonny
peacock is my main man.
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

Eroick
March 28th 06, 02:35 AM
Wow. My dad is 53, so older than you. Im trying to convince him to learn
now that its nice and warm up here in Canada.

Thats awesome stuff! You don't act your age, but thats a good thing.
Acting your age sucks and starts to suck more as you get older.

Anyway, that 14" looks cool, but not too strong. Still, even that
saddle is a great buy for $20! Nice videos, keep em comming!

--
Eroick
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

trials_uni
March 28th 06, 03:39 AM
eroik its a 16" not 14"

--

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

Eroick
March 28th 06, 04:00 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> eroik its a 16" not 14"

Correct :p !

Sorry... Typo.

--
Eroick
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

terrybigwheel
March 28th 06, 06:02 AM
Radical Reed wrote:
> wow thats some good riding. as for the wheel walking I would say lean
> back more, you'd be suprised at how far you have to lean back to keep
> it going

I can see how that will help, plus I will slow down my feet pushing the
wheel so I don't go too fast. The only thing I'm worried about is
falling backwards on my back! Falling forward is easy to land on your
feet, but what about the other direction? Can I still land safely?
Maybe I should wear my backpack with extra water to act as a cushion
for such falls? :D

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home