PDA

View Full Version : urgent crank help (not bout lenght)

dan de man
March 28th 06, 09:15 AM
i brought a uni off ebay and was assemmbling it and whenn i took it over
to a friends house so he could practice and as i was going up his
driveway the crank fell off and it had a design i hadnet seen before
so i gave it to him and told him to come overtomorrow this hu has a
screw and a taper how do i reconnect it please this is urgent this
crank has a plastic bit where it connects tothe hub i think you pop it
off put on the crank then twist the plastic bit on

--
dan de man

the second maori unicyclist on this forum (the first being
unicyclistjoe)hehehe i can imagine myself doing a unihaka before a
unihokey game
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

trials_uni
March 28th 06, 09:38 PM
those sound like normal cotter less cranks...just out them on the right
sides and tighten rm on reall good...use some locktite if you feel its
nessesary

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

dan de man
March 28th 06, 10:02 PM
you cannot the taper, not the crank has a screw sticky outy bit please
respond peoples i dont have much time til i go to school and i need to
know for a friend

--
dan de man

the second maori unicyclist on this forum (the first being
unicyclistjoe)hehehe i can imagine myself doing a unihaka before a
unihokey game
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

bmemike
March 28th 06, 10:10 PM
Here's a write up different crank interfaces:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38277

Can you tell what type it is by the description of each in that
article?

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

trials_uni
March 28th 06, 10:11 PM
still just sounds like a cotterless hub ans should be treated the same
as anyother...its hard to telll without a pic...

--

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

James_Potter
March 28th 06, 10:30 PM
sounds to me like its a cottered hub...which is really weird. but I've
actually never seen a cottered hub with my own eyes, so I wouldn't
exactly know. do a google search for sheldon brown, or maybe its just
sheldonbrown.com or .net or something, anyway, he has a ton of info
about all parts of a bike. you should find somethin there.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael
atkinson.......................................... .....................................jonny
peacock is my main man.
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

dan de man
March 28th 06, 10:33 PM
trials_uni wrote:
> still just sounds like a cotterless hub ans should be treated the same
> as anyother...its hard to telll without a pic...

heres roughly what it looks like not to scale and the light gray bit on
the cranks is plastic

|Filename: uni help.bmp |

dan de man

the second maori unicyclist on this forum (the first being
unicyclistjoe)hehehe i can imagine myself doing a unihaka before a
unihokey game
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

James_Potter
March 28th 06, 10:37 PM
So why can't you just slide the crank back on to the taper?

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael
atkinson.......................................... .....................................jonny
peacock is my main man.
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

underdog
March 28th 06, 11:37 PM
Mikefule wrote:

> With a normal sized handle on a socket set, you should be able to
> tighten the nut until it stop s moving, then give it an extra 14 turn,
> approx.

Pretty sure you meant to say 1/4 (one quarter) turn here. I can just
see someone straining to throw in 14 (fourteen) turns;)

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

manon1wheel
March 28th 06, 11:40 PM
i think we're too late. hes at SCHOOL!!! NOOOO

--
manon1wheel

Riley

I LOVE YOU GILBY
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

markf
March 28th 06, 11:59 PM
well, if his initial posts were more clear he mighta been helped sooner.
plus the early responders did correctly inform him of it being a square
taper.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

dan de man
March 29th 06, 09:13 AM
James_Potter wrote:
> So why can't you just slide the crank back on to the taper?

thx mikefule i did it any ways james i cant slide it on becausei have
to screw when the screwwy bit gets to the crank and i cant turn it
cause the taper prevents me from doing it

--
dan de man

the second maori unicyclist on this forum (the first being
unicyclistjoe)hehehe i can imagine myself doing a unihaka before a
unihokey game
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home