PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Sore Question

Brandon Sullivan
December 13th 03, 01:27 AM
About a month ago I got a huge, epic, giant saddle sore in the place I
usually get them. Over time it went away, but now I have what feels like a
BB just under the skin where the sore was. It is hard as a rock, not
painful, just uncomfortable when I first start riding.

Has anyone had this before? Is it scare tissue? Time for a doctor's visit?

Pat
December 13th 03, 04:22 AM
"Brandon Sullivan" > wrote in message
> About a month ago I got a huge, epic, giant saddle sore in the place I
> usually get them. Over time it went away, but now I have what feels like
> BB just under the skin where the sore was. It is hard as a rock, not
> painful, just uncomfortable when I first start riding.
>
> Has anyone had this before? Is it scare tissue? Time for a doctor's
visit?

Most likely an ingrown hair.

Pat in TX

Paul Southworth
December 13th 03, 05:28 AM
In article <jWtCb.4324$gN.3173@fed1read05>,
Brandon Sullivan > wrote:
>About a month ago I got a huge, epic, giant saddle sore in the place I
>usually get them. Over time it went away, but now I have what feels like a
>BB just under the skin where the sore was. It is hard as a rock, not
>painful, just uncomfortable when I first start riding.
>
>Has anyone had this before? Is it scare tissue? Time for a doctor's visit?

More likely a cyst, quite common for cyclists. You can have them
surgically removed. They do sometimes go away on their own, and
they sometimes come back later whether surgically removed or not.
I would just keep an eye on it - you may find that the soft tissue
around it gets sore and inflamed after long rides.

--Paul

Sorni
December 13th 03, 05:52 AM
"Brandon Sullivan" > wrote in message
> About a month ago I got a huge, epic, giant saddle sore in the place I
> usually get them. Over time it went away, but now I have what feels like
> BB just under the skin where the sore was. It is hard as a rock, not
> painful, just uncomfortable when I first start riding.
>
> Has anyone had this before? Is it scare tissue? Time for a doctor's
visit?
****

I suffered from persistent saddle sores for a while (back when I was solely
a mt. biker), and like yours one in particular never seemed to *completely*
go away.

Finally tried some prescription cortico-steroid cream (used VERY sparingly,
as it can thin the skin), and that has cleared 'em up (knock on bar tape).

My advice: have a doc take a look.

Bill "scar tactics" S.
****

Just zis Guy, you know?
December 13th 03, 09:53 PM
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:27:40 -0700, "Brandon Sullivan"
> wrote:

>About a month ago I got a huge, epic, giant saddle sore in the place I
>usually get them. Over time it went away, but now I have what feels like a
>BB just under the skin where the sore was. It is hard as a rock, not
>painful, just uncomfortable when I first start riding.

It's a cyst and it's telling you that the Dark Side is calling ;-)

<http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/mini-faq-darkside>

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk