PDA

View Full Version : tubeless?

snuffiluffigus
March 28th 06, 04:50 PM
Tubeless tires are realy popular on the Mtb racing circuit, using both
manufacturers systems as well as aftermarket systems like Stans Notubes
<notubes.com>, which benefit the rider by reducing flats and allowing
lower tire pressure to be viable. On a unicycle, however pinch flats
don't occur very often, and I have only experienced one single puncture
in my year and a half of riding. Has anyone tried using this system? Is
it worth it? (it is pretty expensive, but split between two riders,
it's not bad...)

--
snuffiluffigus

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
-office space
snuffiluffigus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11323

leadpan
March 28th 06, 05:36 PM
I have tried it on my Coker and was not worth it.
But on smaller wheels it may be fine.

--
leadpan

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong
leadpan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9751

markf
March 28th 06, 07:07 PM
i think that anything where you sidehopped would be a bad choice. that
would likely cause lots of "burping" and that's not a good thing.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

GizmoDuck
March 28th 06, 10:48 PM
It's been discussed pretty thoroughly- check the threads at the bottom
of this page.

After using a tubeless Coker, I wouldn't go back to a tubed system-
it's lighter, more puncture resistant and gives you a much smoother
ride.

Ken

--
GizmoDuck