PDA

View Full Version : What is the best trick you have ever seen?

Lucas1wheel
March 28th 06, 09:28 PM
Ok i'm really bored so, tell me what is the most impressive thing you
have ever seen on a unicycle either live or in a video,
The smiler walk thing I think is pretty cool, well that is an
understatement
also in simon wells freestyle routine I think it is he sideways ww so
fast and for a long distance it looks really cool. also the wall plant
things that people do these days, still haven't managed to learn

Cheers Lucas

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

domesticated ape
March 28th 06, 09:37 PM
The bike-rack hops by Xav Collos in the Barcelona video, the coolest
trick ever!

--
domesticated ape

i like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes
domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

irvinegr
March 28th 06, 09:51 PM
well i like to see amazing falls just as much as amazing tricks.. so i
think the best thing i saw was in defect when trying to grind that 16
stair..

--
irvinegr

Check out my SWEET movies!!! http://tinyurl.com/cr7fu
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

dan de man
March 28th 06, 10:03 PM
720 uni spin in the gallerys somewhere here or double flip in Defect

--
dan de man

the second maori unicyclist on this forum (the first being
unicyclistjoe)hehehe i can imagine myself doing a unihaka before a
unihokey game
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

sparrowhawk
March 28th 06, 10:14 PM
720! phew, id love to see that!:eek:

--
sparrowhawk

"I can only speak to myself." —George W. Bush
sparrowhawk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11813

trials_uni
March 28th 06, 10:15 PM
the 720 is on www.unicyclist.org. shaun is the only one whos ever landed
one.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

johnfoss
March 28th 06, 10:16 PM
Julien Monney, saddlestand.

But my all-time #1 remains Reino's inverted ultimate wheel (with hands)
on a slack rope.

Also, Mell Hall's inverted riding of a 9 footer is only super-amazing
when combined with the freemount that went with it.

Haven't seen any of them, but I know they're all real.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

unifreak7
March 28th 06, 10:23 PM
Hey,

I've never done the doubleflip sex change, but I will today i guess,
lol. Not too tricky but it needs alittle time. Coolest trick, hmmm,
Kevin Mc's onefoot 7 set, or some of Dan's Flatlanding stuff. Rad
stuff.

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7

FLIP IT... Twice
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

James_Potter
March 28th 06, 10:29 PM
Some of the flatland that Dan does in the first part of Defect...I think
he does a Donkey Kick, and it looks sooo cool.
Also, the Smiley Walk, I think thats what its called...Ryan Woessner's
seat in front backwards wheelwalk.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael
atkinson.......................................... .....................................jonny
peacock is my main man.
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

skate4flip
March 28th 06, 10:35 PM
James_Potter wrote:
> Some of the flatland that Dan does in the first part of Defect...I think
> he does a Donkey Kick, and it looks sooo cool.
> Also, the Smiley Walk, I think thats what its called...Ryan Woessner's
> seat in front backwards wheelwalk.

smiley walk is seat in back wheel walk (what ryan does in the extras of
defect and in his unicon 12 routine).

I really like the smiley walk, and Julien Monney's coasting stuff:
-seat in front stand up coasting (both feet on frame)
-stand up backwards coast
-stand up one foot backwards coast
-coasting standing on the seat

I really like xavier collos flatland stuff too.

--
skate4flip

Reply '23000' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25000'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29000' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37000' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41000'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), and post '47000' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y)
in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 3/03/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

maxisback
March 28th 06, 10:38 PM
The one and only trey flip

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

uniryder
March 28th 06, 10:52 PM
Definitly some of the stuff Julien Monney has done tops my list.

I know at least 3 people that have landed 720 unispins. The first was
Andy Schwartz, I believe in 1998.

I didn't know there was a hispanic guy in Defect... :confused: :)

--
uniryder
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

juggle508
March 29th 06, 03:49 AM
Yeah the hispanic guy, the one that did the superwrap at the very first?
ummm Dannylito Heatonia?

HA.:p

KH.

--
juggle508

----------Joshua 1:9 ----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

harper
March 29th 06, 07:54 AM
Watching my son ride away for a half block for the first time. Tom
Blackwood hopping up three stairs for the first time. Irene Genelin
standup one-foot wheel walking a MUni in the dirt downhill. Kris Holm
sideriding a MUni on asphalt. JC sidehopping up the "elevator" in Big
Finn Hill state park both directions. Ryan Atkins doing an eight foot
drop to flat on my SH MUni. Lloyd's impromptu street riding at Cali
MUni weekend 2005. Roger Davies one-foot wheel walking a Coker. Kris
Holm gliding down a hill on a MUni so fast smoke was pouring off of his
tennis shoe. David Maxfield winning a grant from Balance Bar for his
stunning essay. Rocket riding a two wheel stack for the entire
Torchlight parade in Seattle. Bruce Dawson's back...about the only part
I ever see of him. JC, Nathan Hoover, or Kris Holm climbing the
fireroad to the Northshore Trails like they are out for a casual
stroll. Christian Hoverath riding uni.5. Brian MacKenzie doing trials
on a 36" ultimate wheel. Jesse Berg's and Daisy Ponce's pairs
performance at NAUCC in Minneapolis in 2003. Alan Tepper entering and
competing in a unicycle event. Andy Cotter riding BlueShift in 43" mode
the entire length of the Iron Horse Trail without even warming up.

Watching anybody I've just met nail something they've never done
before; anything at all.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

harper
March 29th 06, 08:25 AM
I forgot to mention watching Tom Jackson push a tree over on a MUni
ride. Incomparable power there.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

president_luke
March 29th 06, 11:35 AM
Dan heatons 540 hoptwist on flat in defect!!

--
president_luke

No, I can't ride a real bike.
president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

juggle508
March 29th 06, 02:19 PM
I relized that I haven't answered the actual question.

Hickdoubleflip-Shaun Johanneson.

Someday maybe me. :)

KH.

--
juggle508

----------Joshua 1:9 ----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

pete66
March 29th 06, 03:12 PM
Dans donkeykick in defect got my attention.

But the best or most amazing stuff I've witnessed is prob unicyclistjoe
casually riding along a 5-story high narrow rooftop in the middle of
the night... um, munimanpete riding a 1.5m high skinny round rail,
taking all the falls until he got it!! And his unispin/stillstand on
the totally exposed and steep rock above the huka falls - wow!! (huka
falls is a narrow gorge and waterfall that reguarly kills kayakers)

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Lucas1wheel
March 29th 06, 08:49 PM
Sounds like some impressive stuuf has the coasting both feet on the seat
ever been filmed and is it on uni community

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

treepotato
March 29th 06, 09:13 PM
definatly has to be a trick i saw Rodger do at at swum meet when he was
riding along and he dropped his seat and rode along with it dragging on
the ground it looked funky!

--
treepotato

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

swarbrim
March 29th 06, 09:44 PM
Lucas1wheel wrote:
> Sounds like some impressive stuuf has the coasting both feet on the seat
> ever been filmed and is it on uni community

It is. I saw it in the Koxx 1 freestyle video. It is crazy.

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

onetrack
March 30th 06, 01:44 AM
irvinegr wrote:
> well i like to see amazing falls just as much as amazing tricks.. so i
> think the best thing i saw was in defect when trying to grind that 16
> stair..

you should've seen it from my point of view.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

caw89
March 30th 06, 02:08 AM
Sabins trick in Defect where he does the monkey dance but puts the other
foot on the tire before goin back ot hte pedals, Or Kaoris stand up
coast one footed wit hthe leg stretch thing, just cause I could never
even bend my leg that far, yet alone do it in a stand up coast

--
caw89

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)
'Pedal protector' (http://pedalprotector.com/)
AIM: unicaw89

-last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

max_pfeifer
April 1st 06, 03:07 AM
leo wrote:
> Julien's 'stand up coasting standing on seat'
> (http://www.monocycle.ch/index.php/Video) was the 1st thing that popped
> up in my mind as well.

Me too. There has gotta be something in the laws of physics that says
its not possible.
i didnt believe it until i saw it at the Australian UNInats last year.

Cheers,

Max

--
max_pfeifer

NO I WILL NOT DO A F@#!ING BACKFLIP
max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

The.Mars.Volta
February 19th 07, 12:01 PM
Lucas1wheel wrote:
> Sounds like some impressive stuuf has the coasting both feet on the seat
> ever been filmed and is it on uni community

watch 'this' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnJT3yiBbPg) it has
backwards stand up sif one foot coast, and stand on seat coast. and
lots of other cool stuff

favorite tricks are tre flip and 540 hop twist by dan, also the side
wheel walk, i dk what its called so i just call it a crab wheel walk

--
The.Mars.Volta

juggle508 wrote:
> I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
> flips.
> It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
> in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
> flip backwards then forwards

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
Unicycle 4 SATAN
The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719

Carey
February 19th 07, 02:43 PM
Most impressive to me is riding on a hand rail. Tough to do and big
consequences for failure.

Anything that involves hops or can be recovered with hops falls way
down in terms of difficulty in my book. Hopping is for pogo sticks.

Carey

--
Carey
Carey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9910