PDA

View Full Version : Axiom Journey disc brake rear rack

landotter
March 29th 06, 06:02 AM
These are on sale at REI for a twenty right now, quite the steal for a
100# rated tubular alu rack. ;-)

The moveable strut on the brake side is pictured on the REI website and
is assembled on the wrong side. I spent and hour going "huh" attaching
it, and then a lightbulb and a "duh". :-) It attaches on the top brake
bolt, btw and there is an included p-clamp for emergencies, which I
thought was very thoughtful. Since all attachment points save one are
adjustable in three axes, it's a bit of a challenge to mount. I found
tightening all bolts hard finger tight, adjusting, eyeballing, then
tightening down was the most practical way to get it right.

The two seat stay struts need to be trimmed on some 700c bikes with
fenders, I had to remove 4cm with a hacksaw. Fortunately they have
removeable rubber end covers that slide back onto the trimmed pieces,
so it still looks nice and neat.

http://static.flickr.com/21/119652120_b9296a8d5a_o.jpg

Hopefully this article will show up when a slightly less crafty fellow
tries mounting one of these suckers and decides to google.

It's a really handsome and sturdy rack on first impressions. Quite
massive looking due to the tubular construction. We'll see about long
term reliability, but looks fantastic now.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home