PDA

View Full Version : 130 BCD Cranks and Campy BBs

March 31st 06, 01:50 AM
I'm using an Ergomo powermeter, which is based on a Campy square taper
BB (~102mm). Are there any 130 BCD cranks that will work with this BB?

Thank you.

Don

Nick Payne
March 31st 06, 12:24 PM
Stronglight Speedlight in the square taper version is designed for 103mm BB.
Might work as is or with a spacer behind the fixed cup.

" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm using an Ergomo powermeter, which is based on a Campy square taper
> BB (~102mm). Are there any 130 BCD cranks that will work with this BB?

Qui si parla Campagnolo
March 31st 06, 02:25 PM
wrote:
> I'm using an Ergomo powermeter, which is based on a Campy square taper
> BB (~102mm). Are there any 130 BCD cranks that will work with this BB?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Don

Not to my knowledge since any 130mm BCD crank also is for the larger
JIS taper.....but whay not use a Record or Chorus crank? Chainrings
from Campag and TA in 135mm BCD are plentiful and TA from 39t to 56t,
every mm.

Qui si parla Campagnolo
March 31st 06, 02:26 PM
Nick Payne wrote:
> Stronglight Speedlight in the square taper version is designed for 103mm BB.
> Might work as is or with a spacer behind the fixed cup.
>
> " > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I'm using an Ergomo powermeter, which is based on a Campy square taper
> > BB (~102mm). Are there any 130 BCD cranks that will work with this BB?

Probelm is that it needs a larger taper and the crank will go to far up
the taper and bottom, causing it to become lossen and killing the
crank.

April 1st 06, 02:48 AM
Funny enough, the SRM powermeter in the Campy square taper version uses
a 130 BCD for the chainrings. :)

That's only because the powermeter is the same for the Campy and
Shimano version and the right crank arm is replaceable with one with
the Octalink attachment or the square taper attachment.

James Thomson
April 1st 06, 10:14 AM
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" > wrote:

> Nick Payne wrote:

> > Stronglight Speedlight in the square taper version is designed for
> > 103mm BB. Might work as is or with a spacer behind the fixed cup.

> Probelm is that it needs a larger taper and the crank will go to far
> up the taper and bottom, causing it to become lossen and killing
> the crank.

The Speedlight uses an ISO taper.

James Thomson

James Thomson
April 1st 06, 10:15 AM
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" > wrote:

[snip]

> any 130mm BCD crank also is for the larger JIS taper...

There are plenty of exceptions: Stronglight Speedlight is one. So were the
Mavic 631 and 631/2 (we've previously disagreed on that count). The FSA
Carbon Pro used an ISO taper, as did the Suntour Superbe Pro, and older
Dura Ace. Of these, I think only the Speedlight is in current production.

James Thomson

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home