PDA

View Full Version : BUC 13!! --- Video competition!

amanda.gallacher
March 30th 06, 09:05 PM
Hey guys

I have been talking to Steve who is organising the BUC and he has given
the thumbs up for a video competition to be held!

Videos should obviously be of unicycling, they can be made by just you
on your own, or with some friends. They should not last a ridiculous
amount of time, i would say 10 minutes maximum, however, this may
change as i have not agreed this with Steve as of yet.

If you feel you are not the best rider in the world, don't worry, the
videos will not be judged purely on skill of riding, they will be being
judged on creativity etc.

The more people that want to contribute videos, the better this
competition will be. I know that UK riders don't tend to like being
filmed, but come on guys, have a bit of fun and show us all what you
can do.

Keep your finished video to yourself for no, Steve and I have not
decided how to go about showing the videos. We are thinking that you
guys send him your finished video and he will put them all onto disk
and play them onto a screen from there, or you upload them to a secret
part of your gallery.

If you are interested, post in this thread... names i expect to see
are, cathwood, gkmac, loosemoose, swarbrim, lucas1wheel, dale_dale,
darktom, klownlife and all others going to BUC!

Thanks
Amanda

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

dale_dale
March 30th 06, 09:08 PM
thast my name hahaha

i like being on camra what u on about

ill see what i can do

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

cathwood
March 30th 06, 09:27 PM
My film wouldn't be very interesting - cath riding along the road, and
riding along the road, and more riding along the road. However, I'll
think about how I can put a creative spin on this.

Actually, I'm very excitied just now as I have just filled in the pre
reg form for BUC.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

amanda.gallacher
March 30th 06, 09:34 PM
cathwood wrote:
> My film wouldn't be very interesting - cath riding along the road, and
> riding along the road, and more riding along the road. However, I'll
> think about how I can put a creative spin on this.
>
> Actually, I'm very excitied just now as I have just filled in the pre
> reg form for BUC.
>
> Cathy

WOO! YAY! i want to see Cathy riding along a road, as long as they are
good roads :D

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

dale_dale
March 30th 06, 09:34 PM
haha yeah gotta be good roads non of them crappy ones you get

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

gkmac
March 30th 06, 09:55 PM
amanda.gallacher wrote:
> names i expect to see are... gkmac

Well you expected to see my name, and here it is!

But I won't be entering this competition, or any other. My skills are
next door to nothing, for instance I can't hop up more than four steps
without getting scared and bottling out of it. How cowardly is that!

All I do is ride gravel tracks and bridleways, but even that has
suffered due to the recent rain (making it wet & muddy, then churned to
a lumpy slippery mess by the horse-hoofs) giving me a total of about 6
UPDs on the 4 mile circuit I usually ride.

I don't think I'm good enough to even attend BUC, let alone make any
kind of video.:(

--
gkmac

"It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

dale_dale
March 30th 06, 09:58 PM
dont be so hard on yourslef
just film and have fun and if you get anything decent stick it in a
movie

i suspect amanda wil be having words with you for saying that

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

amanda.gallacher
March 30th 06, 10:01 PM
gkmac wrote:
> Well you expected to see my name, and here it is!
>
> But I won't be entering this competition, or any other. My skills are
> next door to nothing, for instance I can't hop up more than four steps
> without getting scared and bottling out of it. How cowardly is that!
>
> All I do is ride gravel tracks and bridleways, but even that has
> suffered due to the recent rain (making it wet & muddy, then churned to
> a lumpy slippery mess by the horse-hoofs) giving me a total of about 6
> UPDs on the 4 mile circuit I usually ride.
>
> I don't think I'm good enough to even attend BUC, let alone make any
> kind of video.:(

:eek: :eek: :eek: how can you say such a thing! i wish i had your kind
of skills in muni! if you can get someone to film that, i would be very
impressed, especially if you are riding on slippery, muddy trails :D

so you're not going to BUC? :( i think you should, the fun of BUC is
not dependant on your ability, it is purely the enjoyment of being
around hundreds of others that share your hobby! you cant miss it :p

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

KlownLife
March 30th 06, 10:11 PM
Thanks for that Amanda, sounds fun to me, count me more than in. My mate
and I will fire up a vid in no time. Although I'm hoping to release a
video within the next week. Would I have to enter unseen footage or
could I enter the vid I plan to release for public viewing? Either way,
it's all gd.

Cheers,
Jas

--
KlownLife

"The Unicycle world is my religion, more than a society phenomenon : my
urban culture. " - -Adrien Mainand-
KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

amanda.gallacher
March 30th 06, 10:12 PM
KlownLife wrote:
> Thanks for that Amanda, sounds fun to me, count me more than in. My mate
> and I will fire up a vid in no time. Although I'm hoping to release a
> video within the next week. Would I have to enter unseen footage or
> could I enter the vid I plan to release for public viewing? Either way,
> it's all gd.
>
> Cheers,
> Jas

i would say it is up to you. However, do you reali want all us guys
seeing your video before the comp?

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

swarbrim
March 30th 06, 10:19 PM
Me and Lucas are making a video, Its going to win (team spirit).

Cant wait to see amandas though. Should be great.

Mike

P.S Expect flips from me and grinds from Lucas.

--
swarbrim

:D add me at

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

cathwood
March 30th 06, 10:19 PM
gkmac wrote:
> Well you expected to see my name, and here it is!
>
> But I won't be entering this competition, or any other. My skills are
> next door to nothing, for instance I can't hop up more than four steps
> without getting scared and bottling out of it. How cowardly is that!
>
> All I do is ride gravel tracks and bridleways, but even that has
> suffered due to the recent rain (making it wet & muddy, then churned to
> a lumpy slippery mess by the horse-hoofs) giving me a total of about 6
> UPDs on the 4 mile circuit I usually ride.
>
> I don't think I'm good enough to even attend BUC, let alone make any
> kind of video.:(

Get a grip!.
I can't even hop up stairs (not that I've ever tried).
Betcha better than me. And I went to BUC when I really could barely
ride last year. You learn loads and can do as much or as little as you
want. And hang out with fab people like the rest of us. It's great fun,
like being totally immersed in unicycling for the weekend. Bring it on!

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

KlownLife
March 30th 06, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, gd point. Might need to learn a few new moves though, don't wanna
be unoriginal. This is a great idea, I love watching films, especially
uni ones. I'll be putting 100% into this, I expect the same from all
you, I hope amanda ain't my best opposition then this will be too easy
:p, just kidding, but seriously guys, I wanna see alot of
participation. The more the merrier.

Jas

--
KlownLife

"The Unicycle world is my religion, more than a society phenomenon : my
urban culture. " - -Adrien Mainand-
KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

cathwood
March 30th 06, 10:21 PM
I'll have to go for some sort of arty farty thing because my unicycle
skills along would not make a film.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

dale_dale
March 30th 06, 10:23 PM
cathwood wrote:
> I'll have to go for some sort of arty farty thing because my unicycle
> skills along would not make a film.
>
> Cathy

somthing like

one wheel.... one woman... one long road... one 10 min movie
joking im sue it will be great

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

swarbrim
March 30th 06, 10:25 PM
KlownLife wrote:
> I hope amanda ain't my best opposition then this will be too easy

Im your worst nightmare...

:p

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

amanda.gallacher
March 30th 06, 10:27 PM
haha guys, dont make it too competitive :p its meant to be fun... so far
i know of 5 videos that will be produced by people that have posted in
this thread (including me) go on gkmac, we all know you are good, think
positive :D

looks like this is going to good fun!

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Lucas1wheel
March 30th 06, 10:33 PM
Yeh me n mike are working on something I will try to put a creative spin
on it, hopefully maybe a few double step jumps

well done for arrangin it manders
i am going to call u manders from now on lol

Cheers Lucas

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

cathwood
March 30th 06, 10:36 PM
10 mins, I was thking more like 3.

Cathy

--

cathwood wrote:
> 10 mins, I was thking more like 3.
>
> Cathy

yeh, me too, but some people might get over excited and moan that 3
mins it too short :p so yeh, hopefully not many people will use the
whole 10 mins.
mine and bishops video isnt going to include much skill, unless it ends
up like that by accident :rolleyes:

Lucas1wheel wrote:
> i am going to call u manders from now on lol
>
> Cheers Lucas

um... yay?

:p hehe

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Loosemoose
March 30th 06, 11:17 PM
cathwood wrote:
> I'll have to go for some sort of arty farty thing because my unicycle
> skills along would not make a film.

Come on Cathy! It can just be a film with a unicycling twist to it! Do
it like a touring video, showing loads of cool places near where you
live, but with info about unicycling too! You can think of something
relevant, I'm sure. And Gkmac, there's tons of great rides near you I'm
sure. If you don't think your skills are good enough to warrant a video
about them, make it about something else, the area you live, what
unicycling means to you, the places your ride, etc...

Think outside the box, even I don't want to see 7 videos all with just
skills in them, it gets boring quickly... Having said that, thats
probably what I'll be focusing on.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
Floyd
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

epistolize
March 31st 06, 12:35 AM
yeah, sounds cool...

better start getting creative:rolleyes:

--
epistolize

my signature is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary
always organises my thoughts into lines of legible text, filing them
away so I can scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I
haven't backed up.
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

cdrje
March 31st 06, 04:33 PM
I'll enter. Going on a MUni trip to Cumbria and Scotland next week, so
we will film while we're there- as long as the weather isn't too bad.

Ric

--
cdrje
cdrje's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11470

Lucas1wheel
March 31st 06, 04:39 PM
Bit forward thinking but any ideas on prizes cough digital video camera
cough
lol
haha

its great that all these people are entering

what about Will and North and there must be some more

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

dale_dale
March 31st 06, 04:44 PM
i wunder who will judge?

a HD digital camcorder haha

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

amanda.gallacher
March 31st 06, 04:57 PM
we agreed that the prize will be certificates :)

we are up to 8 videos now i think :D
me and bish, mike and lucas, cath, rich, ric, epistolize, dale, jas

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

DarkTom
March 31st 06, 05:41 PM
cdrje wrote:
> I'll enter. Going on a MUni trip to Cumbria and Scotland next week, so
> we will film while we're there- as long as the weather isn't too bad.
>
> Ric

Where in Scotland are you going for Muni ? I could come meet up with
you maybe. Send me a pm or summat, Scottish Muni rocks! I hope you're
good with mud!!

I got loads of footage on the pc that i aint been bothered to do owt
with. I was thinking of doing some editing this weekend, it looks as
tho I WILL be editing now!!

Klownlife, swarbrim aint your worst nightmare, I am. Don't ever
sleep.

Make that 9 videos now amanda!

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

cdrje
March 31st 06, 07:04 PM
> Where in Scotland are you going for Muni ?

We're going to the Darkside at Mabie, Dumfrieshire. Are you familiar
with it? Northshore style wooden structures mainly. It will be either
the 7th or 8th of April, depending on the weather. If you're up for it
I'll let you know exactly what's going on just before we go.

Theres currently three going, hoping to get some video while we're
there.

Ric

--
cdrje
cdrje's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11470

gkmac
March 31st 06, 07:27 PM
amanda.gallacher wrote:
> so you're not going to BUC?

Don't get me wrong, I am coming to BUC. I've pre-registered and got the
time off work to come.

--
gkmac

"It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

DarkTom
April 1st 06, 08:39 PM
cdrje wrote:
> We're going to the Darkside at Mabie, Dumfrieshire. Are you familiar
> with it? Northshore style wooden structures mainly. It will be either
> the 7th or 8th of April, depending on the weather. If you're up for it
> I'll let you know exactly what's going on just before we go.
>
> Theres currently three going, hoping to get some video while we're
> there.
>
> Ric

Yeah I've been there, it's pretty good. Quite hardcore in places.
Also hard to find the good bits if you've no map (or sense of
direction, like me!).

7/8th April is next weekend right? I'll see what I can do and let you
know through PM.

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

manic_mark
April 2nd 06, 03:47 PM
ill knock together a trials vid aswell, maybe a muni one too if your
lucky. Is there a limit on multiple entries?

--
manic_mark

lever (dot) mark (at) ntlworld (dot) com
manic_mark's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1592

swarbrim
April 2nd 06, 03:50 PM
Just put your best stuff into one vid, I dont think there is need for
seperate videos for different styles.

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

amanda.gallacher
April 2nd 06, 03:56 PM
manic_mark wrote:
> ill knock together a trials vid aswell, maybe a muni one too if your
> lucky. Is there a limit on multiple entries?

It would probably be easier to chuck all the different styles into one
video, saves time as there is now 10 videos. That is what most people
are doing i think.

Also! since there are so many entries, the length of each video has
been shortened to 5 minutes! if you feel you need longer, please
contact me via PM.

*Rules* (thanks Anso)

1. To compete, one member of the team which produced the video must
participate at BUC. It can be either :
- the person who filmed
- the person who edited the video
- one of the main riders (not someone who appears only few seconds)
2. the video should be new material and should not be released until
after BUC
3. the film cannot exceed 5 minutes, it must be about unicycling, not a
commercial video

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

unicycleboy
April 2nd 06, 04:00 PM
Lol does it have to be unicycling :P

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

MMMM the Bishop

http://tinyurl.com/afror
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

swarbrim
April 2nd 06, 04:06 PM
amanda.gallacher wrote:
> it must be about unicycling, not a commercial video

Damn I was gonna run a shampoo commercial.

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

unicus
April 2nd 06, 09:23 PM
Good idea this vid comp, and if I can get my son moving (it’s a struggle
getting him up in the mornings) I may make a vid with him and his
mates, don’t hold your breath though. :rolleyes:

--
unicus

'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Eddbmxdude
April 3rd 06, 08:55 AM
Great idea! I love filming and editing films! My riding skills arn't
really up to scratch though, so i will probably have to go for an arty
vid or something. I will have a go at throwing something together. Im
looking foward to seeing them all at BUC!

Ride on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt (then its just
hilarious!)

THOU SHALL employ a "deadmans switch" which shall render the beast
inoperable in the event that the pilot is launched.
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

DarkTom
April 3rd 06, 07:27 PM
Would it be an idea if the video competitors brought their video to BUC
on a CD or DVD?

Then we could make them as big video files and not have to worry about
filesizes (for emailing).

We could also have a "viewing" of all the vids and not all have to
crowd round a wee image.

Just a thought.

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

amanda.gallacher
April 3rd 06, 08:29 PM
DarkTom wrote:
> Would it be an idea if the video competitors brought their video to BUC
> on a CD or DVD?
>
> Then we could make them as big video files and not have to worry about
> filesizes (for emailing).
>
> We could also have a "viewing" of all the vids and not all have to
> crowd round a wee image.
>
> Just a thought.
>

> T.

yeh, steve said that he was gonna put them all on a dvd and put the up
on a projection screen, but if anyones wanting to put their own video
onto a dvd and take it up, im sure that will be ok, probs save Steve
some effort :)

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

glovemonkey
April 4th 06, 01:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for getting into the spirit on this thing...it sounds
like it is going to be a good (light hearted) competition; there is so
much interest that I am thinking that I should make some kind of 'gold
disk' plaque that the winner could take home and hang in pride of place
in their home (and feel like a rock star every time they look at it).

You can post/email your entries to me; let me know where I can download
them or just bring them on DVD or VCD to the convention. I am planning
to play the entries from a laptop so any video format should be OK. We
are planning to play DVDs and stuff on a big screen in the bar and so
do feel free to bring anything that you feel is entertaining - for the
competition or just in general.

Looking forward to seeing you all in May - please don't forget to
pre-register and save cash. We have Luke Wilson, Tommy Baker and
Tempei for the show so far with Maynard FlipFlap compereing.

--
glovemonkey
glovemonkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11556

glovemonkey
April 4th 06, 01:14 PM
[...]

April 4th 06, 01:15 PM
Oops - sorry!

--
glovemonkey
glovemonkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11556

Lucas1wheel
April 4th 06, 01:58 PM
Can wh have prizes that will be sharable because I think more than one
video is going to be made by 2 or 3 people and we dont want to start
arguments on who gets it.

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

amanda.gallacher
April 4th 06, 03:52 PM
Lucas1wheel wrote:
> Can wh have prizes that will be sharable because I think more than one
> video is going to be made by 2 or 3 people and we dont want to start
> arguments on who gets it.

you could just share it out between the year...

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

dale_dale
April 4th 06, 06:11 PM
arrghh if my camra stopped being daft and worked id have some funny
falls on tape... i still might have if the cam worked but i cant tell
at the momment

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

glovemonkey
April 6th 06, 12:57 PM
dale_dale wrote:
> arrghh if my camra stopped being daft and worked id have some funny
> falls on tape... i still might have if the cam worked but i cant tell
> at the momment

Bring the tape to the convention if you want - we may be able to get
the footage off during the weekend.

--
glovemonkey
glovemonkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11556

dale_dale
April 6th 06, 02:16 PM
nah u wont because the tapes have like teo images slooted togher its
wierd

but im gonna get some head cleaners and some new tapes and ill be good
to go, i always fall so it wont be hard to film some more

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

joe
April 7th 06, 05:04 PM
Hey,

This is a great idea!

I'll try and knock up a video. Hopefully get some of Matt in it too!

I think I'll just try and bring it along on CD. Would that be okay? My
computer is pretty ****y, but never mind, ill see what I can do with
it...

A couple of BUC's ago, Sarah brought her little projector. It was ace!
Will we be just watching on the laptop, or can we use a TV or
projector? If people are putting music to their videos, maybe we could
use quality speakers?! Am i going too far.... how about renting out a
cinema :P lol

Joe

--
joe

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

amanda.gallacher
April 7th 06, 05:06 PM
glovemonkey wrote:
> You can post/email your entries to me; let me know where I can download
> them or just bring them on DVD or VCD to the convention. I am planning
> to play the entries from a laptop so any video format should be OK. We
> are planning to play DVDs and stuff on a big screen in the bar and so
> do feel free to bring anything that you feel is entertaining - for the
> competition or just in general.

think that answers your questions joe :p as for the cinema...

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

joe
April 7th 06, 05:20 PM
hehe thanks amanda!

Videos in the bar sounds good... im imaging unicycle videos + beer =
cool!

cool + late night drunk unicylce hockey = Excellent

Excellent + little sleep = knackered for first full day of BUC... the
joy :D

--
joe

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

manic_mark
April 8th 06, 05:46 PM
just back from the lakes/scotland with an hour of footage, so should be
able to knock somethin good together over the next couple of weeks...

--
manic_mark

lever (dot) mark (at) ntlworld (dot) com
manic_mark's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1592

joe
April 9th 06, 12:30 PM
Sounds good, Mark :)

Well, I went out this morn with my camera hopeing to get some video,
but my camera broke (its been on its way out for ages!)

so I came home and grabbed my sisters cam, and that ran out of battery.
So, I went to the shop and got some more batteries, and they lasts
2mins. Annoyed, I came home and tried to put the short bits of video i
had taken onto the computer, only to find it was recorded in .MOV.
ARSE!!!! I think someone is trying to tell me not to make a video! :(

I'll try again soon :rolleyes:

Joe

--
joe

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

amanda.gallacher
April 11th 06, 04:10 PM
ok another add up and heres who ive got:
me + bishop, mike + lucas, cath, rich, ric, epistolize, dale, jas, tom,
mark, edd, joe and possibly a video from unicus.
so thats 12 definates, and possibly 13 videos. haha that would be cool,
13 videos at BUC 13.
if i have missed your name out by accident, or if your not doing a
video anymore then just say in this thread :)

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

dale_dale
April 11th 06, 05:56 PM
i dunno if i can my camra is messed up bad ill try my hardest though

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

cathwood
April 11th 06, 06:18 PM
I'm going to try really hard.
Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

swarbrim
April 11th 06, 11:15 PM
Me and Lucas' video is 1/3 of the way done. Looks like we might be the
first to finish he he.

Mike

[EDIT] Joe if really you cant get your videos I can convert them for
you. Email in the my signature line. [EDIT]

--
swarbrim

:D add me at

'i like things big' Amanda
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

DarkTom
April 12th 06, 04:51 PM
Perhaps some people have already finished / made their video. Maybe
they had one sitting waiting and this is a perfect time to show it.

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

cathwood
April 12th 06, 05:03 PM
I'm having difficulty getting anyone to film me. I've been trying to
persuade my son but he's disappeared round to his friend's house.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

dale_dale
April 12th 06, 05:05 PM
i fixed my camra
gonna getn my mate to film some stuff if its not raining tomrrow

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

manic_mark
April 12th 06, 05:12 PM
me and ric have videos done, only likely to enter one though, as some of
same footage used. will be back up to an entry each dependant how much
trials footage get in southport on sunday :)

--
manic_mark

lever (dot) mark (at) ntlworld (dot) com
manic_mark's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1592

amanda.gallacher
April 12th 06, 05:17 PM
cathwood wrote:
> I'm having difficulty getting anyone to film me. I've been trying to
> persuade my son but he's disappeared round to his friend's house.
>
> Cathy

can you balance it anywhere? tripod? or are your shots gonna be spread
over a long distance? get your son back home haha

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
"i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
Mike (swarbrim)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

epistolize
April 15th 06, 01:29 AM
yay! have started!!

--
epistolize

my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files so I can
scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I haven't backed
up.

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup? 'Bite Me'
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

amanda.gallacher
April 16th 06, 05:55 PM
well thats me and bishop finished our video. it lasts 5 minutes exactly.
was good fun making, if a little painful.

hows everyone else getting on?

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
"i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
Mike (swarbrim)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

manic_mark
April 17th 06, 12:22 AM
1 done, 1 half finished, and another in the pipeline, in theory be done
by tomorro night :)

--
manic_mark

lever (dot) mark (at) ntlworld (dot) com
manic_mark's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1592

dale_dale
April 17th 06, 01:08 PM
urmm when is this gonna be. Is it gonna be on the friday or the saturday
or what

and also how will it be judged??

--
dale_dale

biggest set/gap = 4 set
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

Eddbmxdude
April 18th 06, 07:40 AM
Still filming ours! But i dont know if we will get it finished because
the audio mixer on my 'puter has decided to play up, meaning i cant get
sound in my editing software. Without sound i cant edit for beans! Im
trying to fix it though.

Ride on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"Its not that far up really" Zippy, on climbing up snowdon.

"How about not equating death with stopping?" - Alanis Morissette
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Lucas1wheel
April 18th 06, 11:32 AM
So looking forward to this
3 cheers for amanda

Hip Hip

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

epistolize
April 18th 06, 12:01 PM
hooray!!!

(i need 2 get more batteries and get moviemaker to behave when i upload
stuff)

--
epistolize

my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files so I can
scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I haven't backed
up.

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup? 'Bite Me'
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

dale_dale
April 18th 06, 12:09 PM
my camras broke again aarrrghhh

this is gonna be hard work

--
dale_dale

biggest set/gap = 4 set
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

Lucas1wheel
April 18th 06, 12:41 PM
hip hip

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

Eddbmxdude
April 18th 06, 01:50 PM
hooray!

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"Its not that far up really" Zippy, on climbing up snowdon.

"How about not equating death with stopping?" - Alanis Morissette
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Lucas1wheel
April 18th 06, 02:01 PM
hip hip

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

Eddbmxdude
April 18th 06, 02:14 PM
H O O O O O O O O O R A Y !

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"Its not that far up really" Zippy, on climbing up snowdon.

"How about not equating death with stopping?" - Alanis Morissette
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Lucas1wheel
April 18th 06, 02:16 PM
and one for luck and too keep my posts count going up

--
Lucas1wheel
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

Eddbmxdude
April 18th 06, 02:26 PM
Lol! H i p h i p

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"Its not that far up really" Zippy, on climbing up snowdon.

"How about not equating death with stopping?" - Alanis Morissette
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

Lucas1wheel
April 18th 06, 02:33 PM
Hoorayyyyyy
we shall leave it at that for the obsessive monitoring of the posts
and I shall go out and ride

cheers Lucas
oh and are you coming to BJC

--