PDA

View Full Version : Litespeed Vortex bottom bracket shell

hawkk
April 1st 06, 01:26 PM
I just purchased a new 2005 Vortex and will install a new two piece
Shimano crankset on it. Does anyone know if I need to be concerned
about getting the BB shell faced? It "looks" good, but I know that
isn't good enough.

Thanks,
Gig

Qui si parla Campagnolo
April 1st 06, 04:05 PM
hawkk wrote:
> I just purchased a new 2005 Vortex and will install a new two piece
> Shimano crankset on it. Does anyone know if I need to be concerned
> about getting the BB shell faced? It "looks" good, but I know that
> isn't good enough.
>
> Thanks,
> Gig

First, few shops have the tool to face titanium. Second, altho the
faces of the BB shell being proper with the 2 piece BBs is very
important, this one is 'probably' ok.

Nate Knutson
April 1st 06, 07:18 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> hawkk wrote:
> > I just purchased a new 2005 Vortex and will install a new two piece
> > Shimano crankset on it. Does anyone know if I need to be concerned
> > about getting the BB shell faced? It "looks" good, but I know that
> > isn't good enough.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gig
>
> First, few shops have the tool to face titanium. Second, altho the
> faces of the BB shell being proper with the 2 piece BBs is very
> important, this one is 'probably' ok.

I thought the deal was that the facer would just get dulled extra
quickly but it would work. I know I've at least seen the Park facer
advertised as working on ti. Care to elaborate?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home