PDA

View Full Version : New IMAX movie, and hair care range

Peter Signorini
April 1st 06, 02:30 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/apr06/apr01newsspecial
IMAX sequel announced: Transfused to lose
By Anthony Tan

While we're on the subject of films, with the Wired to Win premiere last Monday in New York a hit with the audiences, director Knarf Vandenbroucke has already unveiled his plans for a sequel titled: Tranfused to lose: Path to destruction.

"It's what the audiences really wanted in the first place," said Vandenbroucke. "I mean, we based the entire film around you know who and we've got, like, 1000 hours of, like, you know who doing, like, you know what. So you know what? We said: 'Screw it, let's do it!'"

According to screenwriter Mustafa Ahmed al-Hawsawi, Tranfused to lose will follow a similar storyline to Wired to Win, except this time the audience will witness brain synapses on a blood doped athlete as opposed to a clean one. "Don't tell anyone," whispered al-Hawsawi, "but the synapses were exactly the same - they're all on 'IT'. I just needed to justify my job for the last three years."

In fact, having the footage already on hand saved the filmmakers a large chunk of money; Vandenbroucke admitted the entire film cost ?72.84 excluding Michelin-starred lunches and dinners, estimated at ?420,000.

Cipo & Hondo introduce hair care product line
By Susan Westemeyer

"Pro Flair Hair Care" is the newest line of products designed especially fot pro cyclists, and by none other than two well-known examples of well-coiffeured cyclists, Mario Cipollini and Danilo Hondo. "Now the pros won't have to worry about their hairdo coming undone under their helmets," Cipollini noted "And the fans can copy their heroes down to their mousse and gel," said Hondo. The line of products includes not only shampoo and creme rinse, but also mousse, styling gel, extra-strong styling gel and extra-extra-strong styling gel ("For those hot humid TdF stages!"), and of course, anti-crush hair spray.

The two men modeled their products at a fashion show/press conference yesterday. They hope to expand their "Pro Flair" product line into toothpaste ("For a dazzling winner's smile!"), shaving cream ("especially designed so you can shave that three-day beard and still have that three-day beard look!") and skin care ("Smooth as silk for the podium girls to kiss!"). The prices have not yet been announced, but look for them soon at a pharmacy near you.
--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@