PDA

View Full Version : Lance A. was correct

Zilla
April 1st 06, 05:24 PM
"It's Not About The Bike"

We have a German delegate who's here
on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
and now here.

He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
ass when we go riding, especially during
climbs.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

April 1st 06, 05:56 PM
Some tarheel you are. You let Trutonic kick yor ass.

Sorni
April 1st 06, 06:04 PM
Zilla wrote:
> "It's Not About The Bike"
>
> We have a German delegate who's here
> on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
> a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
> and now here.
>
> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
> ass when we go riding, especially during
> climbs.

Take the seat post out. Pour in lead shavings. Put seat post back in.

Bill "and carry a stick for his spokes, too" S.

Slack
April 1st 06, 06:55 PM
On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:24:04 -0800, Zilla >
wrote:

> "It's Not About The Bike"
>
> We have a German delegate who's here
> on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
> a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
> and now here.
>
> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
> ass when we go riding, especially during
> climbs.

Climbs, what climbs? Even *I* wouldn't have any problems /climbing/ in
Swamplandia?
_____
Slack

GeeDubb
April 1st 06, 08:26 PM
"Zilla" > wrote in message
> "It's Not About The Bike"
>
> We have a German delegate who's here
> on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
> a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
> and now here.
>
> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
> ass when we go riding, especially during
> climbs.
>
> --
> - Zilla
> Cary, NC USA
> (Remove XSPAM)

I usually kick flatlanders butts on climbs as well though I don't do it in
jeans. Now those guys from Colorado usually kick my butt on the climbs....

but right now, anybody would probably kick my butt

Gary (I've said it before, round is a shape and I'm in shape!)

April 1st 06, 08:42 PM
I ride a bike to work everyday but not in Germany my mother's homeland.
Here in New England and every working day of the year. I know you can
kick my ass to humit for me there in Wake County specially in Summer.
Remember I spent 4 summers in Cumberland County (Fayetteville) NC..
That was the hot in the city next to the Atlanta in 80 I'll allways
remember.

JD
April 1st 06, 10:33 PM
wrote:
> Remember I spent 4 summers in Cumberland County (Fayetteville) NC..

Fayettenam can get pretty hot. The hottest day/place on record in NC
was on Fort Bragg and I was on Sicily running an LZ all day that day.
With 90% humidity, 110 is pretty friggin' hot.

JD

oilfreeandhappy
April 1st 06, 10:53 PM
They have a little more sense in Europe, about how to get from A to Z.
We're improving in the States, but there are many areas that still have
very little bicycle commuting.
Jim Gagnepain
http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/

Zilla
April 2nd 06, 12:21 AM
I told you I'm not a f'ing tarheel, I'm a
"Wolfpack"! Well maybe that explains
why he was able to kick my ass! :)

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Some tarheel you are. You let Trutonic kick yor ass.

Zilla
April 2nd 06, 12:28 AM
"JD" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> wrote:
> > Remember I spent 4 summers in Cumberland County (Fayetteville) NC..
>

> Fayettenam can get pretty hot. The hottest day/place on record in NC
> was on Fort Bragg and I was on Sicily running an LZ all day that day.
> With 90% humidity, 110 is pretty friggin' hot.
>
> JD

My favorite Frank Zappa anecdote was about Fayettenam.
Asked to dispell the "eating **** on stage" rumor, he said
"The closest I got to eating **** was at a buffet at the
Holiday Inn in Fayetteville, NC!" (I believe this is from
"The Real Frank Zappa" book)

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

TJ
April 2nd 06, 03:55 AM
Hey now. There are a couple of little climbs. One climb that is a good one
for such a flat place is out of Apex heading south I believe.

Hey Zilla,
Do you ride with the group at the Spin Cycle? I will be heading back there
again at the end of this month. Send me an e-mail if you want to get
together and ride with a slow guy from Colorado.

TJ

--
THOMAS HUNDTOFT
"Slack" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:24:04 -0800, Zilla >
> wrote:
>
>> "It's Not About The Bike"
>>
>> We have a German delegate who's here
>> on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
>> a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
>> and now here.
>>
>> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
>> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
>> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
>> ass when we go riding, especially during
>> climbs.
>>

> Climbs, what climbs? Even *I* wouldn't have any problems /climbing/ in
> Swamplandia?
> _____
> Slack

April 3rd 06, 12:22 AM
We talking drop zones or landing zones. I did those zones everywhere on
Bragg best years of my life. There some nice trails and fire roads out
there and a whole lot of Bambi.

JD
April 3rd 06, 05:07 AM
wrote:
> We talking drop zones or landing zones. I did those zones everywhere on
> Bragg best years of my life. There some nice trails and fire roads out
> there and a whole lot of Bambi.

I was a Manchester Roadrunner for four years, 1982-1986. What years
were you there, Fred? Sicily, Salerno, Holland, Nijmegen, St Mere
Eglise, Luzon and Camp Mackall AAF were my regular hangouts on R5311.

JD

Carla A-G
April 3rd 06, 02:54 PM
"Zilla" > wrote in message
> "It's Not About The Bike"
>
> We have a German delegate who's here
> on a 6-month delegation. He basically rides
> a bike everyday to/from work in Germany,
> and now here.
>
> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
> ass when we go riding, especially during
> climbs.

I am planning to take my newly found in the garbage 1980's purple department
store grocery getter bike onto the trails.

And I am fully planning to make some ti riding racer head look sick after I
pass him...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

troutboy
April 3rd 06, 03:04 PM
Carla A-G wrote:

> I am planning to take my newly found in the garbage 1980's purple department
> store grocery getter bike onto the trails.
>
> And I am fully planning to make some ti riding racer head look sick after I
> pass him...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

With purple streamers, right ? You must have the purple streamers ;-)

TS

Carla A-G
April 3rd 06, 03:10 PM
"troutboy" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Carla A-G wrote:
> >
> > I am planning to take my newly found in the garbage 1980's purple
department
> > store grocery getter bike onto the trails.
> >
> > And I am fully planning to make some ti riding racer head look sick
after I
> > pass him...
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
>
> With purple streamers, right ? You must have the purple streamers ;-)
>
> TS

I didn't think of that, but YES! I think I will be acquiring a set of purple
streamers.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

BB
April 3rd 06, 10:18 PM
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:24:04 -0500, Zilla wrote:

> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
> ass when we go riding, especially during
> climbs.

There's a guy who used to live here and rode to work every day (many
miles, some very steep climbs). He'd ride with us every so often,
borrowing my old bike. Same thing - the guy would show up in jeans, and
still keep up with us. It was kind of depressing.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

Craig Brossman
April 4th 06, 01:07 AM
BB wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:24:04 -0500, Zilla wrote:
>
>> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
>> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
>> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
>> ass when we go riding, especially during
>> climbs.
>
> There's a guy who used to live here and rode to work every day (many
> miles, some very steep climbs). He'd ride with us every so often,
> borrowing my old bike. Same thing - the guy would show up in jeans, and
> still keep up with us. It was kind of depressing.

We have a guy here who wears real biking clothing, rides really
expensive Specialized rigs, often before the general public even sees
them, is around 50 y.o., rides for work, and kicks every one's ass
around the world.

So what!

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

G.T.
April 4th 06, 01:23 AM
"Craig Brossman" > wrote in message
news:q_idnVU3kb8tJazZnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d@brainstormin ternet.net...
> BB wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:24:04 -0500, Zilla wrote:
> >
> >> He bought himself a $150 Schwinn from
> >> Wal-mart (with grip shifters), and rides with
> >> blue jeans. He basically kicks everybody's
> >> ass when we go riding, especially during
> >> climbs.
> >
> > There's a guy who used to live here and rode to work every day (many
> > miles, some very steep climbs). He'd ride with us every so often,
> > borrowing my old bike. Same thing - the guy would show up in jeans, and
> > still keep up with us. It was kind of depressing.
> >

> We have a guy here who wears real biking clothing, rides really
> expensive Specialized rigs, often before the general public even sees
> them, is around 50 y.o., rides for work, and kicks every one's ass
> around the world.
>
> So what!

Well, it's depressing when some guy wearing jeans and tennis shoes who I
know hasn't ridden in over 18 months and who barely has the time to exercise
these days can keep up with Expert/Cat 1/2 riders. At least Ned rides
almost every day.

Greg

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home