PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Watch An Awesome Gadget

JustOneWheel
April 3rd 06, 03:20 AM
I ride a Coker on and off road every day. Some rides are longer and more
intense than others.

The big questions I always have is, how far and how fast am I
going?????

I'm not into the hard wired cycle computers or even the wireless ones
mounted under the seat.

But, there is an answer!

I picked up a Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS watch. It's completely
wireless. The watch makes contact directly with the satellites. It even
works off road while I am riding in the tree covered trails. It's not
too big or too ugly.

It's AWESOME!!!!

It tells me in *real time* how *-fast-* and what *-distance-* I've gone
just by looking at the easy to read LCD display on my wrist.
That’s not all it does, it allows me to compete against an imaginary
rider and race my previous times.
It allows you to mark points along your ride to help you navigate. It
comes with software with more navigation possibilities.

Did I mention that this thing is AWESOME!!

By using a device like this it only makes riding a whole lot better.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better.

Check it out.
http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner205/

Adam

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

nathan
April 3rd 06, 07:58 AM
I just got the ForeRunner 305 this week after using the 301 for the last
year. The new SiRFIII models like the 205 and the 305 are such an
incredible upgrade. To test, on today's ride, I wore both units. Here
are the results:

'ForeRunner 305' (http://tinyurl.com/qzofy)

'ForeRunner 301' (http://tinyurl.com/f2exl)

'Dot race between the two units (IE required)'
(http://tinyurl.com/pmzjx)

You can load these tracks straight into GoogleEarth from the links
above if you have it installed. Actually this ride isn't even that
great of a test since large portions of it are out in the open, but the
tree-covered areas...it's a HUGE difference. They are so sensitive -
they even work indoors (not well, but they do work).

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

markf
April 3rd 06, 08:11 AM
i should see if i can get one through the bike shop i work in. i bet
wholesale prices make it closer to affordable. though for gps on your
wrist $267 isn't too bad, but i'm pretty poor.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102