PDA

View Full Version : Bulbs

Simon Cooper
April 3rd 06, 11:45 PM
I have (OK, my wife has) a Light and Motion Commuter lamp (I'll add here
that I'm very impressed with the thing, both its output and its durability -
which got tested a little further than I'd have liked).

Friday, some local kids who seem to come and use part of the University as a
skateboard park found it necessary to remove the lamp off her bars, and kick
it around. The upshot is that looking around in daylight the next day, we
found just about all the bits of it except the bulb.

Anyone know what kind of bulb this is? I can go get one from a local
electric parts place rather than waiting a week for delivery from California
then. 7.2v 10W halogen with legs is about all I know right now. Radio
Shack had a 12v20w Halogen that doesn't fit through the reflector, but at
least allowed a quick test to show it was working.

If anyone else has one - maybe you can tell me if there's anything to the
lamp besides a rubber coated cap with threads, the front lens that fits in
it, the reflector and the bulb that sits in two holes in the lamp body?
Without the bulb the lens rattles in the cap, but the reflector should push
against it with a bulb, unless there's an o-ring or spring too.

Thanks.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home