PDA

View Full Version : Re: The fear factor..

forrestunifreak
April 3rd 06, 08:55 PM
Yeah totally, fear is a thing for everybody. It's a mental thing. If you
over come the instinctive 'fear' you have in the back of yor mind, you
would learn things so much faster.

I take forever to learn stuff, my subconcious mind holds me back...

--
forrestunifreak

Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*jonny peacock is a
man

For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904

maxisback
April 3rd 06, 08:56 PM
But i mean.. Im stupid I dont care about getting hurt.. but i know for a
fact I could not 720 unispin or even triple flip.. you guys get what I
mean ?

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

gkmac
April 3rd 06, 09:01 PM
Fear (along with being well past the teenage years) means I won't be
able to do trials altogether.

As a curiosity I'm trying to learn to hop up steps. Four months latter
I still cannot hop up more than four steps without getting scared and
bottling out of it. Can I be any more of a coward than that?
forrestunifreak wrote:
> If you overcome the instinctive 'fear' you have in the back of your
> mind, you would learn things so much faster.

I don't believe fear can be overcome, it's an automatic reaction to the
situation.

I don't know what I'm doing here amongst you skilled trials riders, so
I'd best exit now...

--
gkmac

"It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home