PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg Canyon, Nevada

vivalargo
April 3rd 06, 09:45 PM
Supposed to be some of the gnarliest downhill riding in the US, but I've
not heard if the place is still open. Anyone have any recent
experience with this place (a little ways outside of Vegas)???

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

tholub
April 3rd 06, 11:14 PM
vivalargo wrote:
> Supposed to be some of the gnarliest downhill riding in the US, but I've
> not heard if the place is still open. Anyone have any recent
> experience with this place (a little ways outside of Vegas)???
>
> JL

I was there just before Christmas, it's still open. I can upload some
pictures later.

--
tholub

tholub
April 4th 06, 03:38 AM
Here are 'my shots' (http://tinyurl.com/jlz7b) from Bootleg Canyon in
December. We hiked up Middle Lake View and Ginger (Ginger is the
craziest drop bit in the park), and then I rode down Snakeback and
Poopshoot, if I recall correctly. Ginger had sections which didn't
look doable in either direction, but it's possible there are some nuts
out there who'd try it. Snakeback was fun singletrack, moderately
technical with some light exposure--a little like the singletrack on
the Sovereign Trail at Moab. It looked like there were lots of other
options, but I didn't have time to explore them.

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=189057&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=f48204626a3a93d0024a836ba2fc4f5e]

--
tholub

mango
April 4th 06, 04:14 AM
Oh my goodness! i couldnt tell where the trail was in that one Ginger
pic! :eek: ...i like it.

Thanks for the pics, Tom!

--
mango