PDA

View Full Version : spinners

joshuni
April 3rd 06, 09:56 PM
i searched the threads, but couldn't find anything specifically about
spinning rims.

does anyone think that you could adapt the following to a unicycle?
'http://www.deuce-usa.com/products.php' (bmx spinners)
i mean, they would look cool doing some trials (if they held up), but
imagine coker size rims and a low profile street tire. :)

--
joshuni

"and try not to worry about hurting yourself, because if you really
cared that much then you wouldn't be riding around on a wheel. :P"
-spudman

"quitting smoking is about as hard as starting flossing" -Comedy
Central, auther unknown
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

joshuni
April 3rd 06, 10:04 PM
ok, lets try this one:
http://www.deuce-usa.com
any better? guess it still doesn't change that the spinners don't
spin. what about if you could make the blades heavier and get better
bearings? do you think they might spin better?

--
joshuni

"and try not to worry about hurting yourself, because if you really
cared that much then you wouldn't be riding around on a wheel. :P"
-spudman

"quitting smoking is about as hard as starting flossing" -Comedy
Central, auther unknown
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

kington99
April 3rd 06, 10:04 PM
You could build spinners whihc sat either side of the wheel and rotated,
ones large enough for a coker would spin for a long time if made heavy
enough, you really wouldn't get the visual effect of car spinners
though because you can see straight through a bike wheel so unless you
made the spinners solid you could still see the wheel spinning normally
behind. Car spinners work on the fact that it's too dark under the
wheel arch for you to see the real spokes turning.

--
kington99

Dave

unijesse
April 3rd 06, 10:07 PM
spinners w/ a weighted side so they dont spin at all, w/ a desing on
them are cool!

--
unijesse

www.unicycletips.com

I told him that Kris was a little bit behind me, and he nearly had a
hernia.-catboy

Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

kington99
April 3rd 06, 10:17 PM
Or of course you could go for 'these' (http://tinyurl.com/rtoq2)
A similar system is avilable for bike wheels, although presumably you
can't change the picture as you ride.

--
kington99

Dave

trials_uni
April 3rd 06, 10:21 PM
think of how fast you'd have to ride to make those work though...it is
kinda neato

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

kington99
April 3rd 06, 10:25 PM
8 miles an hour is sufficient for the bike system, which is reasonable.

--
kington99

Dave

joshuni
April 3rd 06, 10:26 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE TIGHTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN! $14k a
set rims. those would look sweet on my bone stock '98 nissan sentra

where are the ones for bikes?

--
joshuni

"and try not to worry about hurting yourself, because if you really
cared that much then you wouldn't be riding around on a wheel. :P"
-spudman

"quitting smoking is about as hard as starting flossing" -Comedy
Central, auther unknown
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home