PDA

View Full Version : Level one and climbing...

EvanWilson
April 4th 06, 01:38 AM
So today I decided to practice unicycling (and until today, I hadn't
been able to do anything but mount it, I couldn't get pedaling.) After
an hour or so of practice, I could ride it pretty far, and after
another hour or two, I could ride it down my block (probably about 100
meters or so.) I can also mount and dismount fairly easily, and I'm
pretty happy about all of that.

The issue is that I still have some balance issues. I can stay on the
unicycle, but often I'll start to tip one way and have to steer
furiously towards the direction I'm falling. I usually right myself,
but it gets really inconvenient, especially when I'm riding on the
sidewalk. Is there any way to remedy this, or is it just something that
will fix itself with practice?

--
EvanWilson
EvanWilson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11834

podzol
April 4th 06, 02:22 AM
Sounds as if you're well on your way. Just keep practicing. It will
smooth out soon.
Congrats!!

--
podzol

THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
Seeking riders and support.
*http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

dudewithasock
April 4th 06, 03:04 AM
You're definitely making great progress. Keep up the practice! The
natural balance will come in time.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
I am an MRian prophet, follower of 768
dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

trials_uni
April 4th 06, 11:45 AM
it'll fix itself

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home