PDA

View Full Version : Re: Prolink Turns Black??

John Forrest Tomlinson
April 4th 06, 03:17 AM
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:14:41 -0400, Steve Sr. >
wrote:

>I recently switched to Prolink and have noticed that whatever this
>stuff is it goes on clear but comes off black! Does anybody know what
>this black residue is? I find it hard to believe that it is road gunk.

It is road gunk.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Leo Lichtman
April 4th 06, 03:22 AM
Anything which absorbs light will look black when it is stirred into a
transparent medium. Even a bottle of red ink looks black when viewed as a
mass.

Sorni
April 4th 06, 03:32 AM
Sorni wrote:
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:14:41 -0400, Steve Sr. >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I recently switched to Prolink and have noticed that whatever this
>>> stuff is it goes on clear but comes off black! Does anybody know
>>> what this black residue is? I find it hard to believe that it is
>>> road gunk.
>>
>> It is road gunk.
>
> Doesn't that reply belong in RBT?
>
> (Slow evening.)

Note to self: check the Newsgroup field before smart-assing.

Bill "d'oh" S.

Werehatrack
April 4th 06, 03:56 AM
On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 02:22:36 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
> wrote:

>Anything which absorbs light will look black when it is stirred into a
>transparent medium. Even a bottle of red ink looks black when viewed as a
>mass.

This fact has been known (and misused) for many years in politics.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Claire Petersky
April 9th 06, 05:09 PM
"Sorni" > wrote in message
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:14:41 -0400, Steve Sr. >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I recently switched to Prolink and have noticed that whatever this
>>> stuff is it goes on clear but comes off black! Does anybody know what
>>> this black residue is? I find it hard to believe that it is road
>>> gunk.
>>
>> It is road gunk.
>
> Doesn't that reply belong in RBT?

Sheldon Brown taught me the correct technical term for this is "schmutz".

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/