PDA

View Full Version : the australian street weekend

tomsey
April 6th 06, 03:39 AM
hey all,

i have 12 people on board so far, which i think will be a good turnout,
but we can accomodate more if you wanna come along.

the schedule is as follows.

friday afternoon: bondi skatepark, and beach trials. (round the
headland if you are into that kinda stuff)

saturday: we drive to tuggerah in a bus and hit up the slam factory
skatepark. (biggest indoor park in NSW i think) then go for a swim or
street ride at the entrance.

sunday: CBD ride. this is gonna depend on where we are allowed to ride
before we get booted. we might just head up to manly or fox studios or
somewhere else with cool places to ride. this will be decided depending
on what everyone wants to do most. i'll draw up a map of locations once
we work them out

monday: if anyone wants to keep riding, more power to ya. we will still
keep riding if anyone will.

accomodation: if you want to hook up a motel room, the formula 1's are
really cheap, like $50 a night for 3 peeps, otherwise luke has a shanty
pad that can you can crash at

its gonna cost some money for the bus, and entry to the park, also
pitch in for the prizes. probably no more than $30 ea. and you're gonna
need train fares, should be no more than $20 for the weekend

reply if you are still interested and i dont know you're coming

--
tomsey

damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

trials2k
April 6th 06, 05:02 AM
hey tomsey,
yeah i am still interested in comin, ill try to work something out with
the other melbourne guys so that we can split accomodation costs and
all !!!

How much money do u think it will all end up costing after
accomodation, and all the other money needs? (how much should i bring?)

Thanx once agen

--
trials2k

One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!??;) **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

Uni_hoop
April 6th 06, 09:37 AM
YEH! im interested! for sure! I got my new KH trials 2nite, so looking
for a big day out 2 put it 2 the test! Keep us all informed.

-Liam

--
Uni_hoop
Uni_hoop's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11578

napalm
April 6th 06, 12:57 PM
Hey Tomsey! Good to see the event comming along. What dates were you
thinking for the event? I just hope that my profile warranty comes good
and i get some cranks to ride on for then. I don't think there would be
much use comming if all i had was my 20" freestyle AAARGHGHGHGHGHGH1
mark

--
napalm

you wont do it...your SCARED!
"We are all racing towards death. No matter how many great,
intellectual conclusionswe draw during our lives, we know they are only
man made, like God"
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/LAVISs-stuff
napalm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3952

tomsey
April 7th 06, 02:04 AM
oh yeah. the dates.

the 21st till the 23/24th

my house is now a free place of accomodation. got 5 beds spare

we are switching the saturday and sunday ride around because someone
forgot to tell me we cant get the bus now. but all in all should still
be an awesome event.

cool, mark and liam are in thats 14.

lets say the entire weekend will cost you $100, and you crash at my
house. if you motel it and you have 3 friends $150. thats for
everything. but you might wanna bring some more in case you break your
unicycle and need repairs.

--
tomsey

damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

molab
April 7th 06, 03:37 AM
Ok.
Everyone blame me for not getting the bus. Blame Dan for not passing on
messages.
I've tried to organize times and prices as best as I can for the
weekend. i'm giving CityRail Adult Tickets from Blacktown, Just to give
people an idea on prices and Blacktown being central to us riders.
Again, any questions with fares, hit me up and ill work it out for you

My MSN is if anyone wants to contact me for
questions.
Friday - Bondi Ride.... $10.20 Return trip from Blacktown to Bondi.
12:00PM- Meet at Bondi Beach Skate Park. Park Riding and Trials on
the beach. I will have my camera gear along so if anyone wants photos
of their riding let me know.
8:00PM- Leave Bondi and head to George St, Sydney. Good chance for
interstate people to check out the city. Head to Pizza Hut for all you
can eat($15 per head). Just a chance to get to know your fellow riders.

Saturday - CBD Ride... Probably $10 in train fares for the day.
11:00AM - Meet Parramatta skatepark, ride there for short warm up
and head through Parramatta and get a train into Central. Ride from
Central through the CBD to Circular Quay (Or is it Darling Harbour
Grace?) to catch a ferry off to Manly(Around $7) to ride the rest of
the day. Head back whenever we decide to end, riding will probably go
late this night.
Sunday - Slam Factory
9:00AM - Train to Tuggerah ($20 return) to Slam Factory (Entrance
$10) Ride for the day, as Tomsey said, swim etc.
Monday - Prize Day
11:00AM - Meet at Parramatta/Jamison for an end weekend ride.
Prizes will be given out, and people can keep riding if wanting to.

Prizes for the weekend are a GP Trials Unicycle and a new set of
pedals.
Cost to cover the Prizes etc are $10 per head.
It'll most likely end up being $50 in total for Transport. not
including meals/drinks etc. Any questions msn is

--
molab
molab's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11474

pete66
April 7th 06, 04:25 AM
I'm coming over from NZ, gonna be there Thurs 20th (7am) - Wed 26th
(evening), so I'll be keen for riding all those days!!

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

graceness
April 7th 06, 05:53 AM
Ha, yep Tim, it is Circular Quay. They don't like us much at Darling
Harbour...

--
graceness
graceness's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11561

max_pfeifer
April 7th 06, 12:50 PM
I may be able to come up for the saturday and sunday. not sure yet.

Sounds like a great event.
Is there a phone number for someone in sydney so people can contact you
on the day and stuff?

Cheers,
Max

--
max_pfeifer

NO I WILL NOT DO A F@#!ING BACKFLIP
max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

trials2k
April 7th 06, 01:02 PM
its so cloosee :p, it sounds like its gonna be crazy fun!!!

i will try my hardest to come if Luke and Max are going coz then we can
split costs of things and all that, and figure out how to get there and
all that jazz. ..

--
trials2k

One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!??;) **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

molab
April 8th 06, 12:04 PM
just a bump for any new people needing info for the w'end

--
molab
molab's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11474

Uni_hoop
April 16th 06, 03:33 AM
hey,

im comin, but just wondering wether the skate park we goin 2 is indoor,
and so do we need plastic pedals? i've never been, do they mind metal?

Cheers,
Liam

--
Uni_hoop
Uni_hoop's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11578

tomsey
April 16th 06, 05:38 AM
should be good whatever kind of pedals you have... just take out your
pins if you're grinding and havent already

--
tomsey

damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

dan de man
April 16th 06, 06:12 AM
i soooo want to comebut its in sydney oh well when i have 30 or so uni
peeps in brissy bris street weekend 4 me

--
dan de man

James_Potter wrote:
> Each end has to eat. What goes in one end, comes out the other.
> Therefore, whatever end A eats, let's call him Fred, what Fred eats has
> to come out of side 2, let's call him Charlie. Whatever Charlie eats
> must come out of Fred.
>
> It's gruesome, I know. But the truth hurts sometimes.
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

molab
April 19th 06, 02:41 PM
bumping this back upto the front.