PDA

View Full Version : Whose Missing ?

HughMann
April 6th 06, 03:07 AM
The last we heard about the professional practice of a famous South
Australian Barister is that he was to face a disciplinary tribunal of
the SA Bar Association.

If I recall there are still court appeals and new charges yet to be
heard. This will drag on for years.

Then, If you have a boozy lunch, kill a cyclist in your 4WD, drive off,
not render assistance and then hide from the police you should not be
allowed to forget about it quickly.

BTW the name missing from the list is Eugene McGee.

'SA Bar Assn.'
(http://www.sabar.org.au/barrister_search.php?searchType=0&alpha=M)

Looks like they have taken some sort of action. Anyone know what
"punishment" he got?

Cheers
Hugh

--
HughMann

rooman
April 6th 06, 03:30 AM
HughMann Wrote:
> The last we heard about the professional practice of a famous South
> Australian Barister is that he was to face a disciplinary tribunal of
> the SA Bar Association.
>
> If I recall there are still court appeals and new charges yet to be
> heard. This will drag on for years.
>
> Then, If you have a boozy lunch, kill a cyclist in your 4WD, drive off,
> not render assistance and then hide from the police you should not be
> allowed to forget about it quickly.
>
> BTW the name missing from the list is Eugene McGee.
>
> 'SA Bar Assn.'
> (http://www.sabar.org.au/barrister_search.php?searchType=0&alpha=M)
>
> Looks like they have taken some sort of action. Anyone know what
> "punishment" he got?
>
> Cheers
> Hugh
Keep up to date here..... http://bicyclejustice.blogspot.com/

Stand by on a.b , and other places, for news on anniversary rally in
Melb ( & poss other cities) in May. This is to continue support for
road presence respect and bicycle justice, among other topical cycling
advocacy items .viz(WOJ, Amy Gillett Foundation, Ride of Silence etc)

--
rooman

cfsmtb
April 6th 06, 05:29 AM
Keep in mind, Mr McGee's legal representation was conducted by Grant
Algie. Mr Algie was lead barrister for Brad Murdoch's defense and was
also finishing up the long running Snowtown case. Don't think Mr McGee
will change his legal defence team, so as you mention, this could take
*a while* for the contempt of court case involving him & his brother
Craig to appear in the Supreme Court.

Oct 7: McGees answer charges 'under protest'
http://tinyurl.com/mhvas

--
cfsmtb

HughMann
April 6th 06, 12:46 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Keep in mind, Mr McGee's legal representation was conducted by Grant
> Algie. Mr Algie was lead barrister for Brad Murdoch's defense and was
> also finishing up the long running Snowtown case. Don't think Mr McGee
> will change his legal defence team, so as you mention, this could take
> *a while* for the contempt of court case involving him & his brother
> Craig to appear in the Supreme Court.
>
> Oct 7: McGees answer charges 'under protest'
> http://tinyurl.com/mhvas

Just keeping the issue topical. Its been a while now and a load of
political Bull clouded the issue of DPP and the lack of charges. SA
election was another distraction and as you say the Falconio trial has
kept his barister busy.

If no one remembers the issue he has got away with the hit run killing
of a cyclist hasnt he?

Hugh

--
HughMann