PDA

View Full Version : O/T: American.

Carla A-G
April 6th 06, 02:10 PM
I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

troutboy
April 6th 06, 02:18 PM
Congratulations, eh !

TS

Scott Gordo
April 6th 06, 02:22 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Congrats! That's no small feat these days.

I guess they never found out you're a member of the Bomberhood.

/s

Carla A-G
April 6th 06, 02:25 PM
"Scott Gordo" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Carla A-G wrote:
> > I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
>
> Congrats! That's no small feat these days.
>
> I guess they never found out you're a member of the Bomberhood.
>
> /s

You're not kidding. Just the amount of time and money that I have spent over
these 5 years has been tremendous. It was about time...

Now I can get back to living my life again...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Marz
April 6th 06, 03:00 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Congrats or my condolences depending on which state you've settled in.

Sorry, after having lived in Texas for 3 years my view of the US has
become jaded and I'm trying not to move back until the uber-monkey is
out of office.

I've become fascinated by how polar the US is, some of the most
friendly, charitable, innovative and creative people you can hope to
meet anywhere on the planet, but also some of the scariest gun carrying
racist bigots that ever existed (maybe thats just Huntsville, TX)

Maybe I'm too chicken to go back and therefore hail to you for having
the will to add your cool soul to a country that needs it.

Laters,

Marz

Carla A-G
April 6th 06, 03:11 PM
"Marz" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Congrats or my condolences depending on which state you've settled in.

New Yawk, but we are seriously considering moving a little west (ID), NY is
much to expensive.

> Maybe I'm too chicken to go back and therefore hail to you for having
> the will to add your cool soul to a country that needs it.

Thanks! Where do you originally come from?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Marz
April 6th 06, 03:21 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> "Marz" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Congrats or my condolences depending on which state you've settled in.
>
> New Yawk, but we are seriously considering moving a little west (ID), NY is
> much to expensive.
>
> > Maybe I'm too chicken to go back and therefore hail to you for having
> > the will to add your cool soul to a country that needs it.
>
> Thanks! Where do you originally come from?
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

>From the UK originally, but we've escaped to the Caribbean for a few
years.

My wife's a naturalized US citizen and our daughter a full US citizen
as she was born in Texas while we were there, so I know we'll be back
one day.

di
April 6th 06, 03:23 PM
"Marz" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Carla A-G wrote:
>> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>>
>> - CA-G
>>
>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
>
> Congrats or my condolences depending on which state you've settled in.
>
> Sorry, after having lived in Texas for 3 years my view of the US has
> become jaded and I'm trying not to move back until the uber-monkey is
> out of office.
>
> I've become fascinated by how polar the US is, some of the most
> friendly, charitable, innovative and creative people you can hope to
> meet anywhere on the planet, but also some of the scariest gun carrying
> racist bigots that ever existed (maybe thats just Huntsville, TX)

Texas is a great place to live, did that for 5 years. Maybe the problem is
you, or is your residence in Huntsville being forced on you :<)

Jason
April 6th 06, 03:42 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

On purpose? ewww My sympathies. :)

Carla A-G
April 6th 06, 03:44 PM
"Jason" > wrote in message
> Carla A-G wrote:
> > I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
> >

> On purpose? ewww My sympathies. :)

Yes, on purpose. However, I have retained dual citizenship...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Phil, Squid-in-Training
April 6th 06, 03:46 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Did you have to dodge the border patrol that the politicians are trying to
push these days?

I don't get it... why does nobody say, "We have to guard the northern border
with Canada!?" It's always "Keep the Mexicans out!" I gues s the Mexican
culture is just too radical for them.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

MattB
April 6th 06, 03:50 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Congratulations!

Matt

Carla A-G
April 6th 06, 04:04 PM
"Phil, Squid-in-Training" > wrote in
message news:HQ9Zf.4736$fS6.4725@dukeread11...

> Did you have to dodge the border patrol that the politicians are trying to
> push these days?
>
> I don't get it... why does nobody say, "We have to guard the northern
border
> with Canada!?" It's always "Keep the Mexicans out!" I gues s the Mexican
> culture is just too radical for them.
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

I dodged no border patrol. I did everything legal, paid my fees and showed
up whenever they called me in and provided all info that they needed.

Its probably because all the Mexicans are illegal. If they all followed
procedures set out by the USCIS, there wouldn't be a problem at all.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Shawn
April 6th 06, 04:53 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Welcome!

Shawn

MattB
April 6th 06, 05:09 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" > wrote in
> message news:HQ9Zf.4736$fS6.4725@dukeread11...
>

>>Did you have to dodge the border patrol that the politicians are trying to
>>push these days?
>>
>>I don't get it... why does nobody say, "We have to guard the northern
>
> border
>
>>with Canada!?" It's always "Keep the Mexicans out!" I gues s the Mexican
>>culture is just too radical for them.
>>--
>>Phil, Squid-in-Training
>

> I dodged no border patrol. I did everything legal, paid my fees and showed
> up whenever they called me in and provided all info that they needed.
>
> Its probably because all the Mexicans are illegal. If they all followed
> procedures set out by the USCIS, there wouldn't be a problem at all.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Not all. I know some legal Mexicans.

Matt

Sorni
April 6th 06, 05:23 PM
Carla A-G wrote:

> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...

Good day, eh? CONGRATS CARLA!!!

Bill "some of my best friends are Americans" S.

Ride-A-Lot
April 6th 06, 08:06 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Glad to have you with us, US, well welcome to the club!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Paladin
April 6th 06, 09:17 PM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
>I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Wow! Congratulations, girl!
Let Jim give you a big ole hug from me.

CDB

Carla A-G
April 6th 06, 09:58 PM
"Paladin" > wrote in message
.. .
> Wow! Congratulations, girl!
> Let Jim give you a big ole hug from me.
>
> CDB

He already gave me a big ole bear hug. Nearly crushed my ribs with his
happiness :-)

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

JD
April 6th 06, 09:59 PM
Carla A-G wrote:
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...

So, does that make you an Am-Can girl now?

JD

Tim
April 6th 06, 10:40 PM
On 2006-04-06, Marz > wrote:

> Carla A-G wrote:
>> "Marz" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> > Congrats or my condolences depending on which state you've settled in.
>>
>> New Yawk, but we are seriously considering moving a little west (ID), NY is
>> much to expensive.
>>
>> > Maybe I'm too chicken to go back and therefore hail to you for having
>> > the will to add your cool soul to a country that needs it.
>>
>> Thanks! Where do you originally come from?
>>
>> - CA-G
>>
>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
>
>>From the UK originally, but we've escaped to the Caribbean for a few
> years.
>
> My wife's a naturalized US citizen and our daughter a full US citizen
> as she was born in Texas while we were there, so I know we'll be back
> one day.

Would it be rude to ask where in the UK? For some reason I've
started to read you with an Oldham accent! :)

Tim.
--
Tim.

Michael Dart
April 6th 06, 11:58 PM
JD wrote:
> Carla A-G wrote:
>> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>

> So, does that make you an Am-Can girl now?

However you put it she still kicks ass!! ;^)

Mike

Zilla
April 7th 06, 01:45 AM
Like my American friends told me when I
became one "Congratulations, you're now
an official asshole!" :)

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

G.T.
April 7th 06, 02:01 AM
"MattB" > wrote in message
> Carla A-G wrote:
> >
> > I dodged no border patrol. I did everything legal, paid my fees and
showed
> > up whenever they called me in and provided all info that they needed.
> >
> > Its probably because all the Mexicans are illegal. If they all followed
> > procedures set out by the USCIS, there wouldn't be a problem at all.
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
> >

> Not all. I know some legal Mexicans.

Yep, I work in a room with 60 legal latinas and latinos from Mexico and
almost all the central and south American countries. They wouldn't be able
to work at my place of business if they weren't legal.

Greg

Frugal Joe
April 7th 06, 02:47 AM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
>I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

BFD...

Now you are a tattooed American skank.

Not much of an upgrade. Try a little harder the next 5 years.

Marty
April 7th 06, 03:02 AM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
>I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

That's huge Carla. Congrats.

Marty

Drew
April 7th 06, 03:19 AM
"Phil, Squid-in-Training" > wrote in
message news:HQ9Zf.4736$fS6.4725@dukeread11...
> Carla A-G wrote:
>> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>>
>> - CA-G
>>
>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
>
> Did you have to dodge the border patrol that the politicians are trying to
> push these days?
>
> I don't get it... why does nobody say, "We have to guard the northern
> border with Canada!?" It's always "Keep the Mexicans out!" I gues s the
> Mexican culture is just too radical for them.
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

Congrats!!!!

My friends wife is trying to become a US citizen. However, now they realize
she used counterfeit documents to enter the country and are considering
deportation, calling it deception, fraud or something like that.
And here she wonders what the problem is. Go figure, commit a crime and
wonder why everything ain't just peachy.

The real irony is she is a really nice, hard working person. A live in
nanny for a few hundred a week. How many US born folks would do that. Heck,
that pay would barely cover my car expenses.
Oh well, time will tell.

Drew

Drew
April 7th 06, 03:21 AM
"> Yep, I work in a room with 60 legal latinas and latinos from Mexico and
> almost all the central and south American countries. They wouldn't be
> able
> to work at my place of business if they weren't legal.
>
> Greg

The company I work for solved the legal to work issue by requiring a DMV
printout. Seems a driver license ( ID card) can be bought on the street, but
a print out from the DMV isn't so easy to forge....

Prob solved..

Drew

Carla A-G
April 7th 06, 01:59 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> So, does that make you an Am-Can girl now?

Either way, its the same thing.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Jimbo(san)
April 7th 06, 02:36 PM
I hope not I already got her a Can-Am Girls kick ass top cap for her
bike

Jimbo(san)

Phil, Squid-in-Training
April 8th 06, 12:39 AM
Carla A-G wrote:
> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" >
> wrote in message news:HQ9Zf.4736$fS6.4725@dukeread11...
>
>> Did you have to dodge the border patrol that the politicians are
>> trying to push these days?
>>
>> I don't get it... why does nobody say, "We have to guard the
>> northern border with Canada!?" It's always "Keep the Mexicans out!"
>> I gues s the Mexican culture is just too radical for them.
>> --
>> Phil, Squid-in-Training
>
> I dodged no border patrol. I did everything legal, paid my fees and
> showed up whenever they called me in and provided all info that they
> needed.

I was posting tongue in cheek, but okay. ;)

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

IT3
April 8th 06, 04:47 PM
Welcome!
--
IT3
(the cyclist formerly known as ClydesdaleMTB)

dardruba
April 10th 06, 11:50 PM
Raptor wrote:
> Carla A-G wrote:
>> I became one yesterday. I had been trying for 5 years...
>>
>> - CA-G
>>
>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Congratulations from me too.

I remember you posting about the heartwrench of leaving so much behind, the excitement you both felt when you finally arrived, and the snippets of information you gave us as you settled in and then moved.

As a Euro I cant see why you'd want to give up the good life to live in that country, but from your post you sound as if you have won something special, so I'm very happy for you and wish you well.
Very soon now you should be getting back to riding and posting, I look forward to that.
Mike

Carla A-G
April 11th 06, 01:38 PM
"dardruba" > wrote in message
> Congratulations from me too.
>
> I remember you posting about the heartwrench of leaving so much behind,
the excitement you both felt when you finally arrived, and the snippets of
information you gave us as you settled in and then moved.

> As a Euro I cant see why you'd want to give up the good life to live in
that country, but from your post you sound as if you have won something
special, so I'm very happy for you and wish you well.
> Very soon now you should be getting back to riding and posting, I look
forward to that.
> Mike

Mike, thanks for the kind words. The riding has been steadily increasing.
The RR's and pics should follow also. Its time to start living life again...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home