PDA

View Full Version : Instant review: celluloidcycles movies, Thursday

TimC
April 6th 06, 11:25 AM
Must arrive earlier, and/or book tickets.

They were well and truly sold out -- there are something like 190
seats (I talked to Tim after waiting around for scalpers to sell their
tickets :), and the front area and steps and footpath was full of
bikes. They had a line of people giving their names, and if someone
cancelled, they would get the tickets. David Leong, if you lurk here,
they called out your name after you left :) Unfortunately, I was one
of two people who didn't give their name initially (because I didn't
know about this line), who didn't get a seat.

I couldn't remember which other sessions I wanted to go to, except
definitely wanting to go to Sunday night, which is already rapidly
approaching sold out, so bought that ticket. I'll now look up other
sessions and see whether I can reserve anything interesting :)

I believe next time, they are going to look at ways of pre-booking
that *don't* involve paypal.

I was going to say something else here, but have forgotten it.

I got my second ever idiot abuse me for riding "too far" from the curb
tonight (I was with the tailwind doing 40-50km/h; the traffic in the
right lane was going slower). And would you beleive, it was a guy in
the passenger seat of a black 4WD, woman driving? Would that not be
exactly the same situation as last time (at least this time, the
driver didn't try to cut me off, hopefully she felt suitably
embarassed to drop him later on)?

Everytime I went past him at another red light (4 times, he he), he
would abuse me, and I would tell him his 4WD that his girlfriend is
driving must make his penis seem so large to her. Did cyclists no
favours there :)

So now expecting reviews of the movies from Suzie/Euan/Skewer etal.

--
TimC
Can you keep your witty comments shorter dude? I can't

rooman
April 6th 06, 03:24 PM
TimC Wrote:
> Must arrive earlier, and/or book tickets.
>
> They were well and truly sold out -- there are something like 190
> seats (I talked to Tim after waiting around for scalpers to sell their
> tickets :), and the front area and steps and footpath was full of
> bikes. They had a line of people giving their names, and if someone
> cancelled, they would get the tickets. David Leong, if you lurk here,
> they called out your name after you left :) Unfortunately, I was one
> of two people who didn't give their name initially (because I didn't
> know about this line), who didn't get a seat.
>
> I couldn't remember which other sessions I wanted to go to, except
> definitely wanting to go to Sunday night, which is already rapidly
> approaching sold out, so bought that ticket. I'll now look up other
> sessions and see whether I can reserve anything interesting :)
>
> I believe next time, they are going to look at ways of pre-booking
> that *don't* involve paypal.
>
> (snips..) (GO TIM GIVE'm HELL)
>

> So now expecting reviews of the movies from Suzie/Euan/Skewer etal.
>
> Bush Bikes is THE Fillum of Choice...if you can get to see it (anywhere)
do so!

NYC babes on bikes ...cool, they deliver (Haha) ..but yes..cool

And That sunday fillum....awesome as ever...I needed a GFoat pale Ale
to wash the dust out afterwards...Eddy's shower didnt cut it !

Great event...no hassles with the *PayPal* payment scheme...I prefer
that, it is instant, secure and rocks if you know your seller...

set for session 2&3 ...

Oh sorry Tim, I didnt have a spare ticket, as one of my riding buddies
turned up to claim it, and as he is my dentist and is painless, he wins
this time...

roo

oh and PS: how remiss of me...Beauty of the Bicycle, watching Weigel
and Sachs work with Prugnats and Bocamas was magic...those guys are
pure class with a file and silver solder...doesnt get any better

--
rooman

SuzieB
April 6th 06, 11:09 PM
TimC Wrote:

> So now expecting reviews of the movies from Suzie/Euan/Skewer etal.

Ahhh, it was a fabulous night of films even though getting there was a
biatch. The traffic was awful and I kept looking longingly out at
people on bikes.

If you can see A Sunday in Hell do it because it was very good
(actually, I found it hilarious which probably wasn't the point!).
Listening to the fabulous droll english voice being rather critical of
the riders at times and the little digs at Merckx's fascination with
adjusting his bike set up had me in hysterics and I apologise for my
very loud laugh to anyone who was there. The final scenes of the men in
the very basic communal showers with hundreds of people milling around
and them being interviewed was surreal. It's amazing to see how much
the design of the bikes has changed in 30 years although the frames
looked very much like the beautiful machines being built by Sachs and
Weigle in the first film we saw.

Bush Bikes was pure bike joy. We saw some very ingenious ways of
repairing old bikes! Cooking fat on the chain anyone?

My favourite movie was Even the Girls which probably comes as no
surprise because I am a girl! I thought it was a very cool and
empowering chick movie and made me want to get out on my bike even
more. I loved them wrapping these kick arse chains around their waists
to carrying them.

Another very cool thing was that we got a free Mountain Goat beer by
presenting our ticket at the Horse Bazaar. All of the tickets have a
free beer on them so I expect to see you all there after the movies
tonight!

--
SuzieB

Google