PDA

View Full Version : Unicycling gets the nod in Reader's Digest!

johnfoss
April 7th 06, 02:25 AM
The current issue of Reader's Digest, May 2006, has the headline
"America's 100 Best" on the cover. In the top fifty, at #45, is "best
balancing act".

It reads:
"Who says two wheels are better than one? Hop on a sleek unicycle and
shed calories while building core muscles and poise. Average time to
learn to ride is 10-15 hours, say the experts at unicycle.com, an
online retailer based in Marietta, Georgia. Top speed on this popular
wheel? About 10 mph. Beginners will enjoy the sturdy Torker Unistar CX
16-inch Special Edition (torkerusa.com: $85). And don't forget the
helmet."

This is accompanied by a nice color photo of the green & black
unicycle. Very nice mainstream press indeed!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

underdog
April 7th 06, 02:58 AM
Yup. Gotta love that mainstream press. I always smile when I see or
hear of unicycling getting positive exposure.

But, Readers Digest? I didn't even know they were still around. My Mom
used to subscribe to that when I was a kid and I'm about a hundred now.
Haven't even seen it in the doctors office lately.

Today, Readers Digest. Tomorrow, National Geographic?;)

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home