PDA

View Full Version : RR: Got out

MattB
April 7th 06, 10:15 PM
Tuesday evening I took the SS up to Rasta Gulch form the house. It was a
short, but nice (and punishing) ride. There were still two snow drifts
to cross and a few puddles on the ridge to Signal Peak, but it's pretty
clear. One of the drifts was ridable, the other, uh wasn't causing a
hasty dismount/vault. The initial climb hurt, but it was a good kind of
hurt and it just made me want to ride more and harder.
I'm also borrowing a rigid IF steel fork from a friend since my SID blew
up last fall. That was my first offroad ride on that and it was pretty
fun. I'm still on the fence as to what fork I'll put on there, but my
friend says I can use the IF fork for a while longer still. I think I
may just wait for the right fork to find me as things seem to do.

But then the weather turned again and it snowed a bit, so with some sun
I can be out there again in a day or two.
So this morning I took the morning off and got some of the final (lift
served) powder turns of the season in (sniff). It was good.
<http://mattb.net/video/cb_2006-04-07_0002.wmv> (6.15 MB)

Matt

MattB
April 7th 06, 11:13 PM
wrote:
> Why don't you get a fork. You should have by now.

I've been preoccupied with other sports all winter and I have free use
of that cool IF fork for the time being. I'll get one soon, just not
sure what yet. I could also get a nice Fox for the Epic and move that 80
mm Black to the SS too.
I just spent my allowance for a while on that road bike, so the loaner
fork is good timing for the moment.

Matt

Ride-A-Lot
April 7th 06, 11:54 PM
MattB wrote:
> But then the weather turned again and it snowed a bit, so with some sun
> I can be out there again in a day or two.
> So this morning I took the morning off and got some of the final (lift
> served) powder turns of the season in (sniff). It was good.
> <http://mattb.net/video/cb_2006-04-07_0002.wmv> (6.15 MB)
>
> Matt

That sure is a funny looking mountain bike and what's with all that
white sand on the trail? :)

Looks like you almost bit it as you got near the camera. I would have
snowplowed the whole way down cursing my skis because they didn't work
right. ;)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Shawn
April 8th 06, 12:49 AM
MattB wrote:
> Tuesday evening I took the SS up to Rasta Gulch form the house. It was a
> short, but nice (and punishing) ride. There were still two snow drifts
> to cross and a few puddles on the ridge to Signal Peak, but it's pretty
> clear. One of the drifts was ridable, the other, uh wasn't causing a
> hasty dismount/vault. The initial climb hurt, but it was a good kind of
> hurt and it just made me want to ride more and harder.
> I'm also borrowing a rigid IF steel fork from a friend since my SID blew
> up last fall. That was my first offroad ride on that and it was pretty
> fun. I'm still on the fence as to what fork I'll put on there, but my
> friend says I can use the IF fork for a while longer still. I think I
> may just wait for the right fork to find me as things seem to do.
>
> But then the weather turned again and it snowed a bit, so with some sun
> I can be out there again in a day or two.
> So this morning I took the morning off and got some of the final (lift
> served) powder turns of the season in (sniff). It was good.
> <http://mattb.net/video/cb_2006-04-07_0002.wmv> (6.15 MB)

Mirage? Kanonen (sp?)?

Shawn (Assuming it's Monarch)

MattB
April 8th 06, 04:57 AM
Shawn wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> Tuesday evening I took the SS up to Rasta Gulch form the house. It was
>> a short, but nice (and punishing) ride. There were still two snow
>> drifts to cross and a few puddles on the ridge to Signal Peak, but
>> it's pretty clear. One of the drifts was ridable, the other, uh wasn't
>> causing a hasty dismount/vault. The initial climb hurt, but it was a
>> good kind of hurt and it just made me want to ride more and harder.
>> I'm also borrowing a rigid IF steel fork from a friend since my SID
>> blew up last fall. That was my first offroad ride on that and it was
>> pretty fun. I'm still on the fence as to what fork I'll put on there,
>> but my friend says I can use the IF fork for a while longer still. I
>> think I may just wait for the right fork to find me as things seem to do.
>>
>> But then the weather turned again and it snowed a bit, so with some
>> sun I can be out there again in a day or two.
>> So this morning I took the morning off and got some of the final (lift
>> served) powder turns of the season in (sniff). It was good.
>> <http://mattb.net/video/cb_2006-04-07_0002.wmv> (6.15 MB)
>

> Mirage? Kanonen (sp?)?
>
> Shawn (Assuming it's Monarch)

Good guesses but it was Crested Butte on Twister.

Matt

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home