PDA

View Full Version : Kookas for Cokers or other unis

pdc
April 7th 06, 08:53 PM
I recently aquired 5 sets of 170mm Kooka cranks. I'm making one set for
my Coker with pedal holes at 170mm, 145mm, 120mm. I'm having the 2
additional pedal holes drilled and tapped by a professional bike
mechanic.
I'll sell them drilled to those specs or to custom specs for $150
including shipping. Or will sell them undrilled with just the original
170mm holes for $110 also including shipping. These are brand new
cranks. The spiders will be removed as they come off with the removal
of 2 screws. No modifications are needed for these to work on a
unicycle. I have 2 blue sets, and 2 silver sets for sale.
Here's a link to the trading post
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48361

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

harper
April 8th 06, 12:47 AM
I want a blue set drilled the same way you are doing yours. I can do
PayPal or check.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

john_childs
April 8th 06, 01:51 AM
I'll take a set in silver if you can do 130/150/170 like the 'Davinci
cranks' (http://www.davincitandems.com/comp.html#cranks).

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

tomblackwood
April 8th 06, 02:46 AM
john_childs wrote:
> I'll take a set in silver if you can do 130/150/170 like the 'Davinci
> cranks' (http://www.davincitandems.com/comp.html#cranks).

Me too, silver w/ those measurements. Is that doable?

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

Daytripper63
April 8th 06, 03:22 AM
Whats up with all the Washington people gettin first dibs. eh
conspiracy;)

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

Tellurider
April 8th 06, 03:32 AM
I sent you a PM earlier I would take blue but would prefer silver. I
would also prefer 130 instead of 120. Thanks, Dan

--
Tellurider

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".
Tellurider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4972

trials_uni
April 8th 06, 03:39 AM
wow all 4 gone in a matter of a few hours. so rec sport really is more
productive than the tp

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

unisk8r
April 8th 06, 04:19 AM
Seattle Area RiderS (SARS) are just ahead of the curve, but without
UPD'ing. :rolleyes:

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

forget_your_life
April 8th 06, 09:33 AM
this thread has been up all day, and now it is tommorrow...Washington
nothing, i saw this thread sink to the bottom of the page earlier so
hind sight is 20/20 losers.

--
forget_your_life

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

pdc
April 8th 06, 01:31 PM
Harper, Tellurider, John Childs, Tom Blackwood - I got you covered.

Harper - 120, 145, 170 Blue
Tellurider - 130, 150, 170 Silver or Blue
John Childs - 130, 150, 170 Silver
Tom Blackwood - 130, 150, 170 Silver

I think i can get an additional 3 sets if anyone else is interested.
I'll confirm as soon as i know.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

pdc
April 8th 06, 08:45 PM
I just secured 3 more sets of Kookas. I will sell at least 2 more sets.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

muddycycle
April 9th 06, 06:31 AM
I'll take a set any color @ 170mm, 145mm, 120mm

--
muddycycle

"What can possiby mystify a madman?"
Hegira: Greg Bear
muddycycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1283

harper
April 19th 06, 02:04 AM
I received modified blue Kookas today from Phil. They are a shade darker
than the anodized frame of BlueShift. I will put on anodized Primo
pedals that are a shade darker than the Kookas for a blue, hue
transition that can't be beat.

Thanks, Phil!

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

forrestunifreak
April 19th 06, 04:12 AM
harper wrote:
> I received modified blue Kookas today from Phil. They are a shade darker
> than the anodized frame of BlueShift. I will put on anodized Primo
> pedals that are a shade darker than the Kookas for a blue, hue
> transition that can't be beat.
>
> Thanks, Phil!

Picture time! I gotta see it. :)

--
forrestunifreak

Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*jonny peacock is a
man

For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904

harper
April 19th 06, 06:48 AM
forrestunifreak wrote:
> Picture time! I gotta see it.

Here is a photo of the cranks modified by Phil's LBS. The left crank
has a center hole that is drilled noticeably of perpindicular with a
pedal installed. Everything else looks OK. He gave me a deal on these
cranks.

|Filename: CranksResize.jpg |

harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

harper
April 19th 06, 06:56 AM
Here is a photo of BlueShift with the blue anodized frame made by Steve
Howard, the blue anodized Kooka cranks that I got from Phil, and the
blue anodized Primo tenderizers that have been waiting for the moment.
The factory pedal hole is at 170mm or 6.5 inches. The other two holes
were put in afterwards and are at 145mm (5.5") and 120mm (4.5")
respectively. The unicycle as shown is shifted up into 43" effective
wheel mode. I have been trying to get blue Kookas for this unicycle for
a couple of years and I wanted to try the big wheel mode with a higher
torque crank (>6" or 150mm).

|Filename: FullResize.jpg |

harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Jerrick
April 19th 06, 07:01 AM
That thing is truely beautiful! =p

--
Jerrick

kristine wrote:
> Great minds think alike....
> orrrrr... great minds get naked and unicycle?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home