PDA

View Full Version : Kris Holm in FHM Magazine

wheeliemaster
April 8th 06, 12:16 AM
I think it is the newest issue, May '06. It is a small article, with
like 4 pictures. The article writers just had to make a "clown/circus"
reference though! :mad:

--
wheeliemaster
wheeliemaster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10962

bmemike
April 8th 06, 12:32 AM
That's a confirm - page 56.

Personally, I think the Canada jab is better than the clown reference
;)

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

trials_uni
April 8th 06, 12:35 AM
hey man Canada is cool.dont dis Canada

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

forget_your_life
April 8th 06, 12:40 AM
HaHAH!!!

i was in it last year or somthing...now i can say i did somthing before
Kris.....

http://tinyurl.com/heewv

--
forget_your_life

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

bmemike
April 8th 06, 12:47 AM
trials_uni wrote:
> hey man Canada is cool.dont dis Canada

I have a lot of friends in Canada and I'll be up in Toronto for Canada
Day (as I have many years).

Having been married to a Canadian, I feel that I have a certain amount
of leeway ;)

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

trials_uni
April 8th 06, 12:51 AM
oh so ur like half canadian eh? ok the we can give a bit of leeway to
you...but dont push the limits or ill sick my attack beaver on you!!

--

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

Daytripper63
April 8th 06, 03:33 AM
wheeliemaster wrote:
> I think it is the newest issue, May '06. It is a small article, with
> like 4 pictures. The article writers just had to make a "clown/circus"
> reference though! :mad:

The dickhead writers probably cant even ride a mountain bike, and they
are going to knock MUNI
Right

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

Fuego
April 8th 06, 03:50 AM
scans, anyone?

--
Fuego

James_Potter wrote:
> you'll end up on CNN, with the headline, Unicyclist Beaten to Death by
> Policemen...it'll be sweet.
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

bmemike
April 8th 06, 04:17 AM
Sorry - no scanner. If nobody else can, I could try to resort to taking
a picture with my camera... but those always look like crap.

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

terrybigwheel
April 8th 06, 04:22 AM
Can somebody post the article, or a link? And what is "FHM" magazine??

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

joshuni
April 8th 06, 04:35 AM
just as a counter point, fhm is pretty much all about some softcore
porn. they are pretty hard on just about everything that makes it into
the mag. so here's my editor's comment on their editor's comment:
"canadaneesses are cool, if you think otherwise then go sit on a trout
and spin. when you reach the pectoral fins, then you may begin your
attacks on my friends to the north."
but hey, what do i know... i didn't sell my soul to the softcore porn
and picking on unicyclists industry.

--
joshuni

president of the norml uni sect

"canadaneesses (ka-nA-dan-E-cez) are cool, if you think otherwise then
go sit on a trout and spin. when you reach the pectoral fins, then you
may begin your attacks on my friends to the north." -me
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

bmemike
April 8th 06, 04:48 AM
joshuni wrote:
> just as a counter point, fhm is pretty much all about some softcore
> porn. they are pretty hard on just about everything that makes it into
> the mag. so here's my editor's comment on their editor's comment:
> "canadaneesses are cool, if you think otherwise then go sit on a trout
> and spin. when you reach the pectoral fins, then you may begin your
> attacks on my friends to the north."
> but hey, what do i know... i didn't sell my soul to the softcore porn
> and picking on unicyclists industry.

Some of it is certainly T&A, but not all of it by any means. Not to say
that the sense of humor is "for everyone", but there's certainly the
attitude of "we'll make fun of everything a little bit, even
ourselves". Like most things in life, if you don't take it too
seriously, it can be amusing. And if you take things too seriously, you
should consider relaxing a bit.

Besides... the price of a mag subscription (and in my case, I was given
it as a gift) -hardly- qualifies as "selling one's soul".

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

bmemike
April 8th 06, 05:01 AM
Assuming I don't screw this up, here's the article (more of a "blub with
some pictures" than an article, but whatever).

It's crappy quality because I had to take a picture of it with my 5.5
year old digital camera. I'm definitely not set up to digitize print.

'LINK' (http://www.mikebrum.com/tmp_img/kh-fhm-uni.jpg) (not posting it
directly in the forum because it's kinda big)

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

john_childs
April 8th 06, 05:03 AM
bmemike wrote:
> Sorry - no scanner. If nobody else can, I could try to resort to taking
> a picture with my camera... but those always look like crap.

If you use a tripod it can come out pretty good, but still not like a
scanner.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

joshuni
April 8th 06, 06:34 AM
bmemike wrote:

> Besides... the price of a mag subscription (and in my case, I was given
> it as a gift) -hardly- qualifies as "selling one's soul".

yes, i agree. it's probably more like an 1/8 of soul. congrats to KH
though

--
joshuni

president of the norml uni sect
"canadaneesses (ka-nA-dan-E-cez) are cool, if you think otherwise then
go sit on a trout and spin. when you reach the tail, the ride is
over." -me 'cause FHM took a shot at the homies. (canada, please give
me citizenship to your fine country)
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

unijesse
April 8th 06, 08:05 AM
thats actually pretty cool, good pics(atleast not like that first
article, they cropped the pic so it looks like hes just riding on flat
ground doing nothing)

--
unijesse

www.unicycletips.com

I told him that Kris was a little bit behind me, and he nearly had a
hernia.-catboy

Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

epistolize
April 8th 06, 11:22 AM

FHM= For Him Magazine (which FYI I think is a load of ****).

--
epistolize

my signature is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary
always organises my thoughts into lines of legible text, filing them
away so I can scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I
haven't backed up.
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

Danny Colyer
April 8th 06, 01:57 PM
epistolize wrote:
> FHM= For Him Magazine (which FYI I think is a load of ****).

Actually I believe they always stop short of actually showing any ****.
For Terry's benefit, though, their website gives a pretty good idea of
what goes in the mag:
http://www.fhm.com/

And of course "FHM Magazine" is an example of RAS syndrome (RAS
standing for "Redundant Acronym Syndrome". Just like "PIN number".

--
Danny Colyer

http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Subscribe to PlusNet http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/
Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637

nathan
April 8th 06, 07:52 PM
I wish they'd give photographers credit...

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

fordfasterr
April 8th 06, 08:01 PM
wow that is so awesome ! Congrats KH !

I have pics of KH all over the walls in my office to show his skills =)

--
fordfasterr

Fav Quotes:
A. {Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, Small
minds discuss people.}
B. {The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.}
AIM SN: FordFasteR - 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636R carfree.com whyquit.com
fordfasterr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11890

habbywall
April 9th 06, 01:15 AM
thats pretty awsome, my neighbor gets that and said he would show it to
me

--
habbywall

'myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/nickjantz)
'Best rubiks cube tutorial on the net' (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com)
I love you!
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS
^p^a^g^e^d^a^n^c^e^
habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

edsbelly
April 9th 06, 02:24 AM
that's good as!

Ed

--
edsbelly

:D Stayin' Single and Keepin it Wheel :D

- Add Me!! :)
edsbelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11164

john_childs
April 9th 06, 03:01 AM
fordfasterr wrote:
> I have pics of KH all over the walls in my office to show his skills =)

Videos show his skills better. ;)
You need flat panel displays all around the office showing KH videos.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Chris Heritage
April 10th 06, 11:08 AM
stupid clowns... give a bad name to unicycling

--
Chris Heritage

Chris Heritage's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11723

briguymaine
April 10th 06, 09:42 PM
Daytripper63 wrote:
> The dickhead writers probably cant even ride a mountain bike, and they
> are going to knock MUNI
> Right

I don't think they were knocking muni, seemed more like a little bit of
sarcastic curiousity, typical FHM stuff. I work with a girl who posed
for FHM once, she is kind of conservative and didn't want to do any
legs spread shots (wearing a one piece swimsuit), well the pictures
were taken anyways but promised not to make it to the magazine, and the
legs spread shots were just about the only shots that made it in the
mag. So FHM = kinda sleazy, but she had to learn the hard way to never
trust producers!

--
briguymaine

Life is like a box of chocolates? I hate chocolate.
'My blog is at www.munitard.com' (http://www.munitard.com)
briguymaine's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9257

tholub
April 11th 06, 12:13 AM
briguymaine wrote:
> I don't think they were knocking muni, seemed more like a little bit of
> sarcastic curiousity, typical FHM stuff. I work with a girl who posed
> for FHM once, she is kind of conservative and didn't want to do any
> legs spread shots (wearing a one piece swimsuit), well the pictures
> were taken anyways but promised not to make it to the magazine, and the
> legs spread shots were just about the only shots that made it in the
> mag. So FHM = kinda sleazy, but she had to learn the hard way to never
> trust producers!

Pictures, please.

--
tholub

OnzaMuni
April 11th 06, 02:56 AM
After riding for four years now, I have realized that people only mock
what they can't understand. If you want to look up the definition for
ignorance and sdupidity, you'll find journalists and editors under
there. People honestly won't understand the art of extreme unicycling
until it gets a little bit more popular. Nevertheless, Kris Holm is
quite an amazing piece of work and will show them just what this is all
about. People thought I was a clown, then I wanted to ride in the
mountains, then they quit laughing at me. A good percentage of those
reporters, journalists, or whoever they are probably haven't seen what
all he's done. It doesn't matter what journals/writers think of Kris,
he's a legend in my book and I think that counts.

-onza

--
OnzaMuni
OnzaMuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11941

maxisback
April 11th 06, 03:45 AM
wow I dint know FHM actually showed boobs.. i thought it was only girl
in bikinis..

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

unijesse
April 11th 06, 03:48 AM
it doesnt

edit:i guess it dores it just doesnt show -nipples-

--
unijesse

www.unicycletips.com

I told him that Kris was a little bit behind me, and he nearly had a
hernia.-catboy

Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

johnfoss
April 11th 06, 03:54 AM
Great coverage! I now have a new sig line quote. I'm including it in the
post for posterity, when I change the quote in the future:

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

maxisback
April 11th 06, 04:05 AM
> it doesnt
>
> edit:i guess it dores it just doesnt show nipples
> __________________

LOL buddy.. click on calendar girls then say that again..

--
maxisback

Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
quit are just dumb
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

unicyclistjoe
April 11th 06, 02:30 PM
Hah, go Kris!

I might have to get that one, just so I can read
about....unicycling...;)

--
unicyclistjoe

NZUni President
94cm Highest Hop
287cm Longest Hop
205cm Static Flat Gap
things) if anyone's interested. If you like that magazine, I think the
subscription offer is pretty good: $36 for 3 years.

If you do, in fact, sign up for the FHM subscription (or any of the
other, cheaper offers), you, too, could be on your way to an Xbox360
for no charge (not even shipping).

I know, I know. I thought it was bogus, too, until the iPod came in the
mail. It's legit. But, take it as you will. Whatever. More info:

'http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=24578563 '
(http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=24578563)

--
unclemurdoch

'Get your Xbox360 for FREE, for real, for sure.'
(http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=24578563) [br]No one really knows how
to ride a unicycle; it's just that there are some people who know how
to take a REALLY long time falling off.
unclemurdoch's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11488

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home