PDA

View Full Version : backwards spins

amanda.gallacher
April 8th 06, 06:11 PM
hi
im working on my level 8 and the only thing that i am reali reali
struggling with is backwards spins. when i try them, if i start getting
tight (by tight i mean still reali big hehe) the wheel kind off goes
out to the side and i have to stop else i would fall. if anyone has any
tips on how i can stop this happening they would be greatly
appreciated. any other tips on backwards spins would be great too! i
reali need all the help i can find :)
thanks
amanda

ps. trev you didnt reali think i would, did you :p

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

- add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

flyer
April 9th 06, 01:21 AM
I too have been working on these. I'm basically planning to work on my
bward circles until they become spins. hand ww for level 8 is looking
to be less of a hassle so I'm doing that first.

When I selftest myself for the levels, I intend to buy a new tire to do
pirouettes with :p the only way that is going to happen for sure.

for normal spins I just did really tight circles till spins happened,
so since backward is the same as forward riding, I intend to learn
backward ones the same way. woooo level 8 :d

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

skate4flip
April 9th 06, 02:28 AM
ive been working a little bit with these and trying to get my spins on
my non-dominate side.

I would suggest maybe concentrate more on the action-reaction turn
(twisting part) and not lean quite as much when getting into it. That
way you wont slip out because your not leaning very far. it has helped
me some.

maybe make a video of your attempts?

--
skate4flip

Reply '23000' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25000'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29000' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37000' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41000'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), and post '47000' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y)
in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 3/31/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

dale_dale
April 9th 06, 05:18 PM
i cant even ride backwards :S

--
dale_dale

___________
dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

johnfoss
April 10th 06, 05:48 AM
Not sure what the problem is from your description. If your circles
aren't small yet, you still need to work on them. Practice in both
directions. This serves two purposes; one to help you find which is
your dominant, two to keep your skills "balanced," and three to
troubleshoot your technique. Sometimes a problem you have going in one
direction is not so bad in the other.

Twist your body in the direction of the turn. This basically means to
point your *outside* shoulder toward the rear, to help your body ride
in a curving line. As with forward spins, your pedaling has to be
smooth and consistent before a good spin will occur. It may take a
while to get smooth at it, because most people basically suck at going
backwards (we spend 99% of our time going forward; still over 95% for
most freestylers).

For fun, try it one footed!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home