PDA

View Full Version : Re: stuck a few doubleflips (with video)....need some help

litldude2
April 9th 06, 06:42 AM
You are pretty close, alot closer than me at least, I think I'll
practice some more after I get my hickflips consistant.
As for tips, there are probably only like 3 people on the forums that
can land the double...Other than the obvious answers like hop higher,
push harder or get more pallets I think if you practice enough then you
will be able to get the rest of the second flip in.
Alex Toms told me that its really a 2 footed trick, push down, out and
back with the front foot and kick the back foot up and forward to get
it to spin faster. Maybe attempt it on a quarter pipe because it seems
like thats how most people learn them.

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com

James_Potter wrote:
> I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
> just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
> and eat it...mmmmmm

swarbrim
April 9th 06, 09:24 AM
If you landed one of those (like you are 1 and 3/4 spins) I would say
that was a double. Some peoples crankflips are 3/4 of the way round
and they are still called flips. Land one, and you will have landed a
double.

Mike

[edit] your also twisting in the air slightly.

--
swarbrim

:D add me at

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

gordythegon
April 9th 06, 08:24 PM
wow thats soooooo close. keep workin and ull have it very soon

--
gordythegon
gordythegon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10642

skate4flip
April 9th 06, 11:17 PM
ahh. well today i tried some more off a bench with pallets underneath
(and a rug to keep my tire from slipping). *I ended up snapping my
pedal in half and popping my tire*. ahh. i think i might take a little
break from these. I did get the fall on video. I understand why my
pedal broke (i cracked it yesterday), but i have no idea why the tire
popped. maybe some else can tell? anyone here it is:

*'Double Flip breakage' (http://tinyurl.com/kun4v)*

--
skate4flip

Reply '23000' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25000'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29000' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37000' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41000'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), and post '47000' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y)
in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 3/31/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

lucky_8
April 10th 06, 02:56 AM
they were really close and that last one had to hurt

--
lucky_8

life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home