PDA

View Full Version : Help Picking Street Uni, Any Advice?

KlownLife
April 9th 06, 03:47 PM
Basically, need a new uni. I ride street, so need something light but
strong. Advice welcome from those who have any,

Thanks,
Jas

--
KlownLife

"The Unicycle world is my religion, more than a society phenomenon : my
urban culture. " - -Adrien Mainand-
KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

trials_uni
April 9th 06, 04:11 PM
well you'll need a splined hub and crankset obviously...i recomend the
2005 KH/onza or profiles if you have the money. basically you want the
same setup as a trials uni. also i recomend using a luna for street or
getting a diferent tire and cutting the knobs off and smoothing the
tire for street.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

koebwil
April 9th 06, 06:41 PM
Maybe get a Koxx devil. The only real difference between trials and
street is the pedals.

--
koebwil

"I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
'come to my gallery.' (http://tinyurl.com/qssag)
koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

Mike The Uni Man
April 9th 06, 08:43 PM
koebwil wrote:
> Maybe get a Koxx devil. The only real difference between trials and
> street is the pedals.

not really with trials the tire is fatter and it is really more then u
need....lol or maybe im thinking of something else...

--
Mike The Uni Man

-Mike T. Voss my initials are M.T.V. haha

<quote from that fat weird guy at les schuab> hey man do a
wheelie!!!!!!
Mike The Uni Man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11729

fexnix
April 9th 06, 08:50 PM
Go to http://tinyurl.com/l9l4l

And choose the one with the coolest colour!

--
fexnix

'My 29er page' (www.teamld.2ya.com)
'My fresh album' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

trials_uni
April 9th 06, 09:02 PM
mike a street tire is 2.5 ...the same a strials ...maybe *you're*
thunking of something else!

--

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

forrestunifreak
April 9th 06, 09:10 PM
KlownLife wrote:
> Basically, need a new uni. I ride street, so need something light but
> strong. Advice welcome from those who have any,
>
> Thanks,
> Jas

First off, would you want a 2.5 trials tire or not? If so, I suggest
looking around at unicycle.com, splined is the strongest by far, both
the Torker DX and the Qu-Ax trials are strong for a fair price.

If you don't think you'll need a knobby wide trials tire, you'll have
to put together a splined uni with a normal 20" rim (trials rims are
"19 inches") and a slick BMX street tire.

--
forrestunifreak

Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*jonny peacock is a
man

For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904

Spudman
April 9th 06, 09:16 PM
forrestunifreak wrote:

> If you don't think you'll need a knobby wide trials tire, you'll have
> to put together a splined uni with a normal 20" rim (trials rims are
> "19 inches") and a slick BMX street tire.

Or just buy an older Torker DX. It has the same cranks and hub as the
new one, but it has a 2.125"(?) tire instead of a 2.5 inch tire. They
are probably a bit harder to find, but they weigh less and are cheap.
They have pretty cheasy rims, though.

--
Spudman

*| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
*| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
*| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!* . . . . . . . . .*X*
<--Chosen's spot
*| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
*|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
(http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
rendered by forrest. . . . . A spot for Evan Byrne--> *X*
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home