PDA

View Full Version : having trouble hopping

lil random
April 9th 06, 06:42 PM
well so i can hop about like pogo stick stylee but i am having real
trouble jumping high. i cant quite get it. any other tips i could get.
not sure what im doing wrong

--
lil random
lil random's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11878

skate4flip
April 9th 06, 06:49 PM
sounds like you might want to work on your regular hopping a little
first. Try hopping and then doing a short still stand (at first it will
be very short but youll get better at it and it will be longer) and
then repeat. Putting a still stand between each hop well keep you more
controlled. You could also try hoppping in circles for gaining more
control.

If you can already do everything up there fine, try prehopping to get
higher. To do this hop next to something and instead of just bouncing
up, do a short still stand and jump sideways and push down hard to
compress the tire and then spring up. It usually gives you a few extra
inches. You could try learning to hop seat out too.

There isn't any advice that will make you instantly hop high. It takes
alot of pratice.

--
skate4flip

Reply '23000' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25000'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29000' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37000' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41000'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), and post '47000' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y)
in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 3/31/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

joshuni
April 9th 06, 07:32 PM
i concur. find a curb to hop up on and do it 52 times. find a two step
and rolling hop it 57 times. find a 3 step and rolling hop it 69
times. on your 70th time hopping up the 3 -step, you'll be ready to
try sif. pull the seat out in front of you and support it with your
thighs and practice hopping up a curb, then 2 step, 3 step... by the
time you can rolling hop sif up an 8-set, you should be preparing to
take over the world with mad uni skills. hopping is like riding, it
only takes about 30-50 tries to get proficient at it. i picked up
hopping by riding everyday for 2 years and hopping every curb in my
way.
(i hope something i wrote made sense.)

--
joshuni

president of the norml uni sect
"canadaneesses (ka-nA-dan-E-cez) are cool, if you think otherwise then
go sit on a trout and spin. when you reach the tail, the ride is
over." -me 'cause FHM took a shot at the homies. (canada, please give
me citizenship to your fine country)
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

joshuni
April 9th 06, 07:32 PM
i concur. find a curb to hop up on and do it 52 times. find a two step
and rolling hop it 57 times. find a 3 step and rolling hop it 69
times. on your 70th time hopping up the 3 -step, you'll be ready to
try sif. pull the seat out in front of you and support it with your
thighs and practice hopping up a curb, then 2 step, 3 step... by the
time you can rolling hop sif up an 8-set, you should be preparing to
take over the world with mad uni skills. hopping is like riding, it
only takes about 30-50 tries to get proficient at it. i picked up
hopping by riding everyday for 2 years and hopping every curb in my
way.
(i hope something i wrote helped you out.)

--
joshuni

president of the norml uni sect
"canadaneesses (ka-nA-dan-E-cez) are cool, if you think otherwise then
go sit on a trout and spin. when you reach the tail, the ride is
over." -me 'cause FHM took a shot at the homies. (canada, please give
me citizenship to your fine country)
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home