PDA

View Full Version : Re: Bike Racks

Mitch Haley
September 12th 03, 12:44 PM
Kurt Polakoff wrote:

> Although I give Burger King high marks for having the BK Veggie Burger,
> I am disgusted that they don't want business from bicyclists.

Do you have any knowledge as to who owns this particular BK?
Most are franchises, not company stores.
Mitch.

Claire Petersky
September 14th 03, 01:15 AM
(Kurt Polakoff) wrote in message >...

> Eventhough this Burger King is located just
> two blocks from the very popular Pinellas Trail, it has no bike rack.
> So, I decided to try the drive-up window instead. The young lady on the
> PA system informed me that they absolutely refuse to serve customers on
> bicycles through their drive-thru. I promptly stated that since no bike
> rack exists, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Rather than complain, I think the thing to do is get them to see how
putting in proper bicycle facilities (especially in their location)
will increase profits. You can download the following document:

http://www.bicyclealliance.org/transportation/sbblarge.pdf and then
provide it to them as a resource.

Deal with the owner/manager -- the front line personnel won't care.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky )
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

Bill Z.
September 14th 03, 01:32 AM
(Claire Petersky) writes:

> (Kurt Polakoff) wrote in message >...
>
> > Eventhough this Burger King is located just two blocks from the
> > very popular Pinellas Trail, it has no bike rack. So, I decided
> > to try the drive-up window instead. The young lady on the PA
> > system informed me that they absolutely refuse to serve customers
> > on bicycles through their drive-thru. I promptly stated that
> > since no bike rack exists, I'll take my business elsewhere.
>
> Rather than complain, I think the thing to do is get them to see how
> putting in proper bicycle facilities (especially in their location)
> will increase profits.

Complain to your city council. There's an ordinance in Palo Alto,
California, requiring all businesses with drive-up windows for
cars to accept bicycles. Then you can tell the manager that his
only legal choices are to server everyone or shut down his
drive-through window. You'll also have legal grounds for filing
a formal complaint with the city.

Bill

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

Keith F. Lynch
October 9th 03, 02:02 AM
Kurt Polakoff > wrote:
> I spent several minutes looking for a bike rack or anything else I
> could use to lock the bike to while I ran inside, but couldn't find
> anything appropriate.

No light poles or telephone poles?

> The young lady on the PA system informed me that they absolutely
> refuse to serve customers on bicycles through their drive-thru.

Phone the manager. Make sure that's really policy, not something the
young lady just made up. If it is really policy, write a letter to
their headquarters in Miami, asking if this is company policy or just
something that manager just made up.
--
Keith F. Lynch - - http://keithlynch.net/
I always welcome replies to my e-mail, postings, and web pages, but

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home