PDA

View Full Version : It's official

small change
April 12th 06, 04:49 PM
I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City Parks for
formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike park ( their
verbiage, not ours) It's all still verbal at the moment but the "yesness" of
our meetings with parks has been staggering. We've submitted a draft MOU
for review - I'm sure this will have to go through committees and lawyers
yadayada. Our discussions have included park improvements like signs, maps
and an information kiosk; new trails for both XC and dh/fr users;
maintenance work, and grandfathering in - reworking some of the older,
funkier stuff. One things that is totally cool is two really respected DH
guys are coming forward to get involved with this. I'm turning into the
admin queen (letters, documents, meetings, ferreting out information....)

yee-haw.

Penny

Jimbo(san)
April 12th 06, 05:14 PM
Good on ya' Penny!

Jimbo(san)

Jason
April 12th 06, 06:37 PM
small change wrote:
> I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City Parks for
> formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike park ( their
> verbiage, not ours) It's all still verbal at the moment but the "yesness" of
> our meetings with parks has been staggering. We've submitted a draft MOU
> for review - I'm sure this will have to go through committees and lawyers
> yadayada. Our discussions have included park improvements like signs, maps
> and an information kiosk; new trails for both XC and dh/fr users;
> maintenance work, and grandfathering in - reworking some of the older,
> funkier stuff. One things that is totally cool is two really respected DH
> guys are coming forward to get involved with this. I'm turning into the
> admin queen (letters, documents, meetings, ferreting out information....)
>
> yee-haw.
>
> Penny

Excellent news. Congrats

Todd Lerfondler
April 12th 06, 10:14 PM
Kudos and good luck!

Michael Dart
April 13th 06, 11:20 AM
small change wrote:
> I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City Parks
> for formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike park (
> their verbiage, not ours) It's all still verbal at the moment but the
> "yesness" of our meetings with parks has been staggering. We've
> submitted a draft MOU for review - I'm sure this will have to go
> through committees and lawyers yadayada. Our discussions have
> included park improvements like signs, maps and an information kiosk;
> new trails for both XC and dh/fr users; maintenance work, and
> grandfathering in - reworking some of the older, funkier stuff. One
> things that is totally cool is two really respected DH guys are
> coming forward to get involved with this. I'm turning into the admin
> queen (letters, documents, meetings, ferreting out information....)
>
> yee-haw.
>
> Penny

You're becoming a model for the rest of the country.

Well done!!

Mike - we're watching you.

Ride-A-Lot
April 13th 06, 12:01 PM
small change wrote:
> I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City Parks for
> formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike park ( their
> verbiage, not ours) It's all still verbal at the moment but the "yesness" of
> our meetings with parks has been staggering. We've submitted a draft MOU
> for review - I'm sure this will have to go through committees and lawyers
> yadayada. Our discussions have included park improvements like signs, maps
> and an information kiosk; new trails for both XC and dh/fr users;
> maintenance work, and grandfathering in - reworking some of the older,
> funkier stuff. One things that is totally cool is two really respected DH
> guys are coming forward to get involved with this. I'm turning into the
> admin queen (letters, documents, meetings, ferreting out information....)
>
> yee-haw.
>
> Penny

You da bomb!

I wish I had it so easy. The other group in this state that sat around
and did nothing for five years has been making a stink with IMBA about
NJMBA. I received a rather negative email from the IMBA communications
director with a CC to their Executive Director basically telling me to
give up. You'd think that with the few advocating MTBers there are in
this state, we would ban together instead of going against each other.
NJ is in a sad state of affairs right now.

Maybe I should just give up, take the money I raised, and donate it to
another state's trail group. Oh, and then move.

*sigh*

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

small change
April 13th 06, 03:57 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City
>> Parks for formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike
>> park ( their verbiage, not ours) It's all still verbal at the moment
>> but the "yesness" of our meetings with parks has been staggering. We've
>> submitted a draft MOU for review - I'm sure this will have to
>> go through committees and lawyers yadayada. Our discussions have
>> included park improvements like signs, maps and an information
>> kiosk; new trails for both XC and dh/fr users; maintenance work,
>> and grandfathering in - reworking some of the older, funkier stuff.
>> One things that is totally cool is two really respected DH guys are
>> coming forward to get involved with this. I'm turning into the admin
>> queen (letters, documents, meetings, ferreting out information....)
>> yee-haw.
>>
>> Penny
>>

> You da bomb!
>
> I wish I had it so easy. The other group in this state that sat around
> and did nothing for five years has been making a stink with IMBA about
> NJMBA. I received a rather negative email from the IMBA
> communications director with a CC to their Executive Director
> basically telling me to give up. You'd think that with the few
> advocating MTBers there are in this state, we would ban together
> instead of going against each other. NJ is in a sad state of affairs
> right now.
> Maybe I should just give up, take the money I raised, and donate it to
> another state's trail group. Oh, and then move.
>
> *sigh*
>
> --
we'll take it. Our 501 is "in process" and we could the $$ to purchase
some timbers to reconstruct some funky-built stunts. ;-)

MattB
April 13th 06, 04:36 PM
small change wrote:
> I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City Parks for
> formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike park

Awesome Penny! Nice work.

Matt

G.T.
April 13th 06, 09:37 PM
"MattB" > wrote in message
> small change wrote:
> > I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City Parks
for
> > formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike park
>
> Awesome Penny! Nice work.

Absolutely. Keep up the great work!

Greg

JD
April 13th 06, 11:04 PM
Well done, Penny.

JD

small change
April 14th 06, 12:36 AM
Michael Dart wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City Parks
>> for formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike park (
>> their verbiage, not ours) It's all still verbal at the moment but the
>> "yesness" of our meetings with parks has been staggering. We've
>> submitted a draft MOU for review - I'm sure this will have to go
>> through committees and lawyers yadayada. Our discussions have
>> included park improvements like signs, maps and an information kiosk;
>> new trails for both XC and dh/fr users; maintenance work, and
>> grandfathering in - reworking some of the older, funkier stuff. One
>> things that is totally cool is two really respected DH guys are
>> coming forward to get involved with this. I'm turning into the admin
>> queen (letters, documents, meetings, ferreting out information....)
>>
>> yee-haw.
>>
>> Penny
>
> You're becoming a model for the rest of the country.
>
> Well done!!
>
> Mike - we're watching you.

scary.

The hardest thing is I can't look at my regular trails in the same way
anymore.
- who's been moving rocks
- nice teeter but it's on the private land adjacent to the park
-who let horses in here, horses and downhillers = potential conflict
- nice knicks, someones' been working up here solo
- hey, the new line we built is still intact!

and so on.

gabrielle
April 14th 06, 01:09 AM
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:49:48 -0700, small change wrote:

> yee-haw.

And a "heck yeah" from south of ya. :)

gabrielle

Michael Dart
April 14th 06, 02:15 AM
small change wrote:
> Michael Dart wrote:
>> small change wrote:
>>> I can now say it officially : we are working with Spokane City Parks
>>> for formalize our "citizens' proposal" for a mountain bike park (
>>> their verbiage, not ours) It's all still verbal at the moment but
>>> the "yesness" of our meetings with parks has been staggering. We've
>>> submitted a draft MOU for review - I'm sure this will have to go
>>> through committees and lawyers yadayada. Our discussions have
>>> included park improvements like signs, maps and an information
>>> kiosk; new trails for both XC and dh/fr users; maintenance work, and
>>> grandfathering in - reworking some of the older, funkier stuff. One
>>> things that is totally cool is two really respected DH guys are
>>> coming forward to get involved with this. I'm turning into the admin
>>> queen (letters, documents, meetings, ferreting out information....)
>>>
>>> yee-haw.
>>>
>>> Penny
>>
>> You're becoming a model for the rest of the country.
>>
>> Well done!!
>>
>> Mike - we're watching you.
>
> scary.
>
> The hardest thing is I can't look at my regular trails in the same way
> anymore.
> - who's been moving rocks
> - nice teeter but it's on the private land adjacent to the park
> -who let horses in here, horses and downhillers = potential conflict
> - nice knicks, someones' been working up here solo
> - hey, the new line we built is still intact!
>
> and so on.

Bwahahaha!!! I know. My friend said to me once "Let's go someplace
different and ride. All I see here is stuff we have to fix!!"

But seriously, it would be good if this is successful to see if the land
managers would allow themselves to be contacted by other land managers
considering more technical trails as a reference.

Mike

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home