PDA

View Full Version : Tora 318SL? Is it the same as the 318S? Can't find any info.

MadeUpName
April 16th 06, 10:51 PM
(I've also posted this in the Bikeforums.net site, just doubling my
chances of an answer!)

Hi there,

I'm thinking of getting a new Rockhopper Comp (UK Model) and the website
lists the fork as :-

RockShox Tora 318SL

Now I've looked on the Rock Shox site and can only find 318U and 318S,
not an "SL" model.

So my question is, anyone know the differences? It is just a normal 318S
but in silver? Or does it have more or less features? I've emailed
Specialized but had no response, and the dealers are all shut today with
it being Easter Sunday.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Newbie....

Ride-A-Lot
April 16th 06, 10:56 PM
MadeUpName wrote:
> (I've also posted this in the Bikeforums.net site, just doubling my
> chances of an answer!)
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm thinking of getting a new Rockhopper Comp (UK Model) and the website
> lists the fork as :-
>
> RockShox Tora 318SL
>
> Now I've looked on the Rock Shox site and can only find 318U and 318S,
> not an "SL" model.
>
> So my question is, anyone know the differences? It is just a normal 318S
> but in silver? Or does it have more or less features? I've emailed
> Specialized but had no response, and the dealers are all shut today with
> it being Easter Sunday.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Newbie....

SL adds a lockout feature.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MadeUpName
April 16th 06, 11:03 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> SL adds a lockout feature.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

So it doesn't have less features than the S then - Excellent.

Second lot of dumb questions then if I may, the 318S listed on the
RockShox site says it can be adjusted via "Air pressure via a single
Schrader valve"

Where is this schrader valve? It is located at the bottom or top of the
fork and is it covered by something?

And finally, will a Marzocchi shock pump fit on this? Reason being my
mate has one so it'll save me buying one!

Thanks again for any pointers

Newbie...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home