PDA

View Full Version : Golf - Mountain Bike Weekend Recommendations

bda
April 18th 06, 01:02 PM
An old college buddy of mine and I want to meet up and do some resort golf
and MTB. I'm looking for a MTB spot with a skilift and nice scenery. More
than one nice nearby golf course would be best. Would also like it to be
fairly close to a good airport since we'll be flying in for just a weekend
or so.

What are your ideas/recommendations?

Thanks.

Ride-A-Lot
April 18th 06, 03:28 PM
bda wrote:
> An old college buddy of mine and I want to meet up and do some resort golf
> and MTB. I'm looking for a MTB spot with a skilift and nice scenery. More
> than one nice nearby golf course would be best. Would also like it to be
> fairly close to a good airport since we'll be flying in for just a weekend
> or so.
>
> What are your ideas/recommendations?
>
> Thanks.

Vail, Co.

There's a golf course there, lift served trails, and another golf course
over at Beaver Creek (10 minutes down the road).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

GeeDubb
April 18th 06, 03:51 PM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> bda wrote:
>> An old college buddy of mine and I want to meet up and do some resort
>> golf and MTB. I'm looking for a MTB spot with a skilift and nice
>> scenery. More than one nice nearby golf course would be best. Would
>> also like it to be fairly close to a good airport since we'll be flying
>> in for just a weekend or so.
>>
>> What are your ideas/recommendations?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Vail, Co.
>
> There's a golf course there, lift served trails, and another golf course
> over at Beaver Creek (10 minutes down the road).

or Telluride for those that want some real altitude fun. Three golf courses
within an hours drive.

ski lift? I don't need no steenkin ski lift. That's why my bike has gears.

go granny go granny go granny go

I think I can I think I can I think I can

choo choo

Gary (slow morning)

G.T.
April 18th 06, 06:23 PM
bda wrote:
> An old college buddy of mine and I want to meet up and do some resort golf
> and MTB. I'm looking for a MTB spot with a skilift and nice scenery. More
> than one nice nearby golf course would be best. Would also like it to be
> fairly close to a good airport since we'll be flying in for just a weekend
> or so.
>
> What are your ideas/recommendations?

Give up golf, it's evil. Golf courses ruin the environment, and take
land away from mountain biking and the billions of other things people
can do outdoors.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

Craig Brossman
April 18th 06, 06:28 PM
G.T. wrote:
> bda wrote:
>> An old college buddy of mine and I want to meet up and do some resort
>> golf and MTB. I'm looking for a MTB spot with a skilift and nice
>> scenery. More than one nice nearby golf course would be best. Would
>> also like it to be fairly close to a good airport since we'll be
>> flying in for just a weekend or so.
>>
>> What are your ideas/recommendations?
>>

> Give up golf, it's evil. Golf courses ruin the environment, and take
> land away from mountain biking and the billions of other things people
> can do outdoors.
>
> Greg

But they do suck up all sorts of Colorado water in the deserts of
Arizona so that fat, lazy people can feel like they've gotten exercise
while riding around in electric carts, and local Colorado farmers plow
under their crops because they don't have enough water to irrigate.

.... Oh wait, that is bad thing.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

Jones
April 18th 06, 10:48 PM
"bda" > wrote in message
> An old college buddy of mine and I want to meet up and do some resort golf
> and MTB. I'm looking for a MTB spot with a skilift and nice scenery.
> More than one nice nearby golf course would be best. Would also like it
> to be fairly close to a good airport since we'll be flying in for just a
> weekend or so.
>
> What are your ideas/recommendations?
>
> Thanks.

Park City, Deer Valley area. Both resorts have ski lift assisted biking and
there are 4-6 golf courses nearby. They have just recently built 3 new ones
in the surrounding mountains as they try to develop some up scale second
home properties.

45 minutes from the SLC airport.

I have biked Deer Valley but not Park City and I really enjoy Deer Valley.
Look at the Deer Valley web site for additional information. Park City also.

You can also do the Wasatch Crest, though not lift served, if you want some
more adventure. Start in the mountains above Park City (Guardsmans Pass /
Scott's Pass area) and traverse the crest of the Wasatch range north then
ride down through The Canyons resort and back into Park City.

The Park City golf course is a nice public course. But you may want to
Google for the other courses. i.e. Jeremy Ranch.

Grant

Michael Dart
April 19th 06, 12:46 AM
G.T. wrote:
> bda wrote:
>> An old college buddy of mine and I want to meet up and do some
>> resort golf and MTB. I'm looking for a MTB spot with a skilift and
>> nice scenery. More than one nice nearby golf course would be best.
>> Would also like it to be fairly close to a good airport since we'll
>> be flying in for just a weekend or so.
>>
>> What are your ideas/recommendations?
>>

> Give up golf, it's evil. Golf courses ruin the environment, and take
> land away from mountain biking and the billions of other things people
> can do outdoors.
>
> Greg

They plowed under 6 miles of singletrack near my house at a county park for
a fvckin' goof course. They also can't wait to get their hands on our state
parks for a frickin' golf trail. WTF is a "golf trail". Fvck golf, golf
courses and golfers.

Mike - it keeps me warm.

Ride-A-Lot
April 19th 06, 01:12 AM
Michael Dart wrote:

> They plowed under 6 miles of singletrack near my house at a county park for
> a fvckin' goof course. They also can't wait to get their hands on our state
> parks for a frickin' golf trail. WTF is a "golf trail". Fvck golf, golf
> courses and golfers.
>
> Mike - it keeps me warm.

That seems to be the new standard thing to do with state parks. They
did it to Allaire in NJ, and I heard they are planning a similar thing
at two other NJ state parks. What I found out is that it comes down to
money. Trails don't make money to support the park and staff, golf
does. I think it sucks! That's not what state parks were supposed to
have been created for. Open space means just that. A golf course is
NOT open space.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

G.T.
April 19th 06, 01:26 AM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> Michael Dart wrote:
> >
> > They plowed under 6 miles of singletrack near my house at a county park
for
> > a fvckin' goof course. They also can't wait to get their hands on our
state
> > parks for a frickin' golf trail. WTF is a "golf trail". Fvck golf,
golf
> > courses and golfers.
> >
> > Mike - it keeps me warm.
> >

> That seems to be the new standard thing to do with state parks.

The minute they do that in California is the minute I buy a Yamaha WR450F
for a little goof course reclamation.

Greg

JD
April 19th 06, 01:42 AM
G.T. wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> > Michael Dart wrote:
> > >
> > > They plowed under 6 miles of singletrack near my house at a county park
> for
> > > a fvckin' goof course. They also can't wait to get their hands on our
> state
> > > parks for a frickin' golf trail. WTF is a "golf trail". Fvck golf,
> golf
> > > courses and golfers.
> > >
> > > Mike - it keeps me warm.
> > >

> > That seems to be the new standard thing to do with state parks.
>
> The minute they do that in California is the minute I buy a Yamaha WR450F
> for a little goof course reclamation.

I'll get a Honda XR650 and join you.

JD

GeeDubb
April 19th 06, 04:21 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> G.T. wrote:

>> for
>> state
>> golf

>> > That seems to be the new standard thing to do with state parks.
>>
>> The minute they do that in California is the minute I buy a Yamaha WR450F
>> for a little goof course reclamation.
>

> I'll get a Honda XR650 and join you.
>
> JD

A quad will serve the purpose more appropriately...but then you'd be riding
a bike with training wheels.

Gary

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home