PDA

View Full Version : Cross-type tire for MTB

Robert Schultz
April 24th 06, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know of a narrow (1.25-1.5") MTB tire with crossbike type
tread? Not semi-slick so much as fine-, close spaced knobs.

RS

(PeteCresswell)
April 24th 06, 10:24 PM
Per Robert Schultz:
>Does anyone know of a narrow (1.25-1.5") MTB tire with crossbike type
>tread? Not semi-slick so much as fine-, close spaced knobs.
>
>RS

Sidewall on mine says "Hutchison Tech Air Lite Comp".
--
PeteCresswell

Robert Schultz
April 25th 06, 03:25 AM
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per Robert Schultz:
>
>> Does anyone know of a narrow (1.25-1.5") MTB tire with crossbike type
>> tread? Not semi-slick so much as fine-, close spaced knobs.
>>
>> RS
>>

> Sidewall on mine says "Hutchison Tech Air Lite Comp".

How wide are they? Checked Hutchinson's web site (F#$%#ing flash crap)
and can't find anything similar. The narrowest tire I could find was 2".
Not that I could stand to spend much time on their website. Could not
find a tire called the 'Tech'

Thanks though.

RS

Robert Schultz
April 27th 06, 02:08 AM
Booker C. Bense wrote:

> In article >,
> Robert Schultz > wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a narrow (1.25-1.5") MTB tire with crossbike type
>> tread? Not semi-slick so much as fine-, close spaced knobs.
>>

> _ This doesn't exactly fit your description, but they work
> much better in the dirt than you would expect and are very
> nice on the road as well.
>
> http://www.avocet.com/tirepages/cross_2.html
>
> Avocets are a pain to find unless your local shop is willing
> to put up with their somewhat unique distribution scheme.
> You can always order them from Harris Cyclery if you can't
> get them locally.
>

> _ Booker C. Bense
Thanks. I had come across these (at Harris' site), but had thought they
might be a little too tame. I'll check them out.

RS

Booker C. Bense
May 1st 06, 06:20 PM

Google