PDA

View Full Version : New developments (all good)

Stevo
October 2nd 03, 08:22 PM
Bob and Madison have been suspended for two days because of more
stupidity on their part.
http://www.trianglemtb.com/pages/projects/g105.html

Major sponsor drops their show!
http://www.capitalford.com/news.html

See? It DOES work!

Mark Wolfe
October 3rd 03, 12:24 AM
Arrgh... There goes that "hate crime" thing again. It's a crime, plain
and simple. As for these knuckleheads, I think they should be forced to
commute on a bike for a couple months, they'd never advocate running
cyclists off the road again. :)

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org
gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6 8C71

Daniel Gatti
October 3rd 03, 11:56 AM
Mark Wolfe wrote:
> Arrgh... There goes that "hate crime" thing again. It's a crime, plain
> and simple. As for these knuckleheads, I think they should be forced to
> commute on a bike for a couple months, they'd never advocate running
> cyclists off the road again. :)
>

> Stevo wrote:
>

>>Bob and Madison have been suspended for two days because of more
>>stupidity on their part.
>>http://www.trianglemtb.com/pages/projects/g105.html
>>
>>Major sponsor drops their show!
>>http://www.capitalford.com/news.html
>>
>>See? It DOES work!

Another link about the story on WRAL:

http://www.wral.com/news/2528349/detail.html

Karen M.
October 3rd 03, 04:54 PM
Velo-News' contributing attorney weighs in:

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/5058.0.html

--Karen M.
public radio listener

Traveller v.116
October 3rd 03, 07:52 PM
(Stevo) wrote in
om:

> Bob and Madison have been suspended for two days because of more
> stupidity on their part.
> http://www.trianglemtb.com/pages/projects/g105.html
>
> Major sponsor drops their show!
> http://www.capitalford.com/news.html
>
> See? It DOES work!

An even more effective measure:
Radio DJs don't make a whole lot of dough. Ergo, if some driver runs you off
the road on the "advice" of a Clear Channel loudmouth, sue the crap out of
both the driver -and- the DJ.
It would be a situation where the punishment fits the crime, to be sure.

Burr
October 4th 03, 01:00 AM
Anybody getting any replies to their e-mail's???

Burr
Diamondback Road Bike
REI Touring Bike
Schwinn City Bike