PDA

View Full Version : Portable pump suggestions

LIBERATOR
May 1st 06, 05:52 PM
Man, I probably lost 100 hours of my life to flat tires and not having
a pump to fix them when stranded at night.

So, I want to buy a pump. Anyone got good suggestions on a model/brand
that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
their suggest PSI?

CatPanDaddy
May 1st 06, 05:56 PM
"LIBERATOR" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Man, I probably lost 100 hours of my life to flat tires and not having
> a pump to fix them when stranded at night.
>
> So, I want to buy a pump. Anyone got good suggestions on a model/brand
> that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
> their suggest PSI?

www.adulttoys.com

Damon Hynes, male prostitute.
May 1st 06, 07:04 PM
> > So, I want to buy a pump. Anyone got good suggestions on a model/brand
> > that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
> > their suggest PSI?
> >

> www.adulttoys.com

I was going to say...

Gary Millman
May 1st 06, 11:50 PM
LIBERATOR wrote:

> Man, I probably lost 100 hours of my life to flat tires and not having
> a pump to fix them when stranded at night.
>
> So, I want to buy a pump. Anyone got good suggestions on a model/brand
> that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
> their suggest PSI?

Got one of these. Good little pump and comes in a seat bag. Called the
bikers dream and will fit schraeder and presta valves.

http://www.minifootpump.com/new_mfp/pages/ar_product.html

Gary

Drew
May 2nd 06, 03:21 AM
"LIBERATOR" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Man, I probably lost 100 hours of my life to flat tires and not having
> a pump to fix them when stranded at night.
>
> So, I want to buy a pump. Anyone got good suggestions on a model/brand
> that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
> their suggest PSI?

I use CO2 on the trail, will fill a tire in seconds, and a floor pump at
home.
But then, since I went tubless the only use for it on trail is with other
riders tube tires.

http://www.genuineinnovations.com/INmain.asp?Option=CatList&Category=moto&SubCategory=power

I have the microflate, and it seems to work perfectly.

Drew

May 2nd 06, 09:02 AM
All those are great but one thing most forget is a pump needs to be
strapped to the frame right or you may lose it. Or you can store it in
a pack.

JP
May 2nd 06, 07:04 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> All those are great but one thing most forget is a pump needs to be
> strapped to the frame right or you may lose it. Or you can store it in
> a pack.

Road Morph has a foldout handle, a fold out foot thing, does both valves,
fit's in a MULE.
Even has a gauge by the nozzle.

LIBERATOR
May 2nd 06, 07:41 PM
Drew wrote:
> "LIBERATOR" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Man, I probably lost 100 hours of my life to flat tires and not having
> > a pump to fix them when stranded at night.
> >
> > So, I want to buy a pump. Anyone got good suggestions on a model/brand
> > that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
> > their suggest PSI?
> >

> I use CO2 on the trail, will fill a tire in seconds, and a floor pump at
> home.
> But then, since I went tubless the only use for it on trail is with other
> riders tube tires.
>
> http://www.genuineinnovations.com/INmain.asp?Option=CatList&Category=moto&SubCategory=power
>
> I have the microflate, and it seems to work perfectly.
>
> Drew

Any preferred Co2 styles/brand names that are good and bad?

What should I avoid, and which one is good to buy?

LIBERATOR
May 2nd 06, 07:42 PM
Thanks.

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per LIBERATOR:
> >that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
> >their suggest PSI?
>
> Depends on the suggested PSI.
>
> For my MTB tires (35-40 PSI), I use a Mt. Zefal Mini-DoubleShot. Looks kind of
> cheesey, but it's really light in weight, costs twenty bucks, fills the tires as
> fast or faster than any other mini, and has filled quite a few tires over the
> past five years and shows no signs of failing. Accommodates Shraeder/Presta by
> reversing a little rubber bushing.
>
> For slicks (80-90 PSI) I got CrandBrothers' mini pump. Doesn't have a model
> name on it, but it's alu, has a double head for both types of valve, has a gauge
> built in, and has two settings: one for high volume/low pressure and another for
> lower volume/high pressure. It's about the same length as the Zefal, but
> thicker and a little heavier. It also costs more. I think I paid about $25 on
> sale.
> --
> PeteCresswell

Ride-A-Lot
May 2nd 06, 07:53 PM
LIBERATOR wrote:
> Drew wrote:
>> "LIBERATOR" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> Man, I probably lost 100 hours of my life to flat tires and not having
>>> a pump to fix them when stranded at night.
>>>
>>> So, I want to buy a pump. Anyone got good suggestions on a model/brand
>>> that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
>>> their suggest PSI?
>>>

>> I use CO2 on the trail, will fill a tire in seconds, and a floor pump at
>> home.
>> But then, since I went tubless the only use for it on trail is with other
>> riders tube tires.
>>
>> http://www.genuineinnovations.com/INmain.asp?Option=CatList&Category=moto&SubCategory=power
>>
>> I have the microflate, and it seems to work perfectly.
>>
>> Drew
>
> Any preferred Co2 styles/brand names that are good and bad?
>
> What should I avoid, and which one is good to buy?

CO2 is good for the quick fix, but then you always have to pump it up
the next day with a regular pump. I don't know the science involved but
for some reason the CO2 seems to dissipate. I just use it for GRS since
it's a lot smaller to carry than a pump.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

LIBERATOR
May 2nd 06, 08:21 PM
> > Any preferred Co2 styles/brand names that are good and bad?
> >
> > What should I avoid, and which one is good to buy?
> >

> CO2 is good for the quick fix, but then you always have to pump it up
> the next day with a regular pump. I don't know the science involved but
> for some reason the CO2 seems to dissipate. I just use it for GRS since
> it's a lot smaller to carry than a pump.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

awe, look, it's my internet USENET toy Ride-A-Lot.

When you gonna come to Denver so we can go ride together and I can
teach you how to be technical and fearless?

Ride-A-Lot
May 2nd 06, 08:36 PM
LIBERATOR wrote:
>>> Any preferred Co2 styles/brand names that are good and bad?
>>>
>>> What should I avoid, and which one is good to buy?
>>>
>> CO2 is good for the quick fix, but then you always have to pump it up
>> the next day with a regular pump. I don't know the science involved but
>> for some reason the CO2 seems to dissipate. I just use it for GRS since
>> it's a lot smaller to carry than a pump.
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
>> www.schnauzers.ws
>
> awe, look, it's my internet USENET toy Ride-A-Lot.
>
> When you gonna come to Denver so we can go ride together and I can
> teach you how to be technical and fearless?

You, teach me? Ha ha ha ha ha! I'm still waiting for the pic of YOU
riding rocks. I posted mine a couple of weeks ago.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

LIBERATOR
May 3rd 06, 06:06 PM
> > When you gonna come to Denver so we can go ride together and I can
> > teach you how to be technical and fearless?
> >

> You, teach me? Ha ha ha ha ha! I'm still waiting for the pic of YOU
> riding rocks. I posted mine a couple of weeks ago.

Where? I Didn't seee it, where?!!!!

> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Corvus Corvax
May 4th 06, 03:59 AM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> CO2 is good for the quick fix, but then you always have to pump it up
> the next day with a regular pump. I don't know the science involved but
> for some reason the CO2 seems to dissipate.

That's because the CO2 is heavier than air, so it pools in the bottom
of the tire overnight. Just give the tire a good shake to mix it back
in, and you're fine.

CC

p e t e f a g e r l i n
May 4th 06, 04:19 AM
Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> CO2 is good for the quick fix, but then you always have to pump it up
>> the next day with a regular pump. I don't know the science involved but
>> for some reason the CO2 seems to dissipate.
>
> That's because the CO2 is heavier than air, so it pools in the bottom
> of the tire overnight. Just give the tire a good shake to mix it back
> in, and you're fine.

The same thing happens with low altitude air.

I found that I had to shake my sea level air
filled tires every morning in Fruita or the
handling felt sluggish.

(****tard newsgroup trimmed)

Corvus Corvax
May 4th 06, 04:25 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:

> (****tard newsgroup trimmed)

Spoilsport.

CC

Sorni
May 4th 06, 04:56 AM
Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>> CO2 is good for the quick fix, but then you always have to pump it up
>> the next day with a regular pump. I don't know the science involved
>> but for some reason the CO2 seems to dissipate.
>
> That's because the CO2 is heavier than air, so it pools in the bottom
> of the tire overnight. Just give the tire a good shake to mix it back
> in, and you're fine.

Don't EVER do this with a Slimed tire, however.

Blotchy Green Bill

MattB
May 4th 06, 04:13 PM
p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> Corvus Corvax wrote:
>
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>>> CO2 is good for the quick fix, but then you always have to pump it up
>>> the next day with a regular pump. I don't know the science involved but
>>> for some reason the CO2 seems to dissipate.
>>

>> That's because the CO2 is heavier than air, so it pools in the bottom
>> of the tire overnight. Just give the tire a good shake to mix it back
>> in, and you're fine.
>

> The same thing happens with low altitude air.
>
> I found that I had to shake my sea level air filled tires every morning
> in Fruita or the handling felt sluggish.
>
> (****tard newsgroup trimmed)

Conversely, my bike felt pretty spry in Fruita, probably because of all
the light air I had in there from the G-Spot!

Dave W
May 7th 06, 10:41 PM
"CatPanDaddy" > wrote in message

> "LIBERATOR" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Man, I probably lost 100 hours of my life to flat tires and not having
>> a pump to fix them when stranded at night.
>>
>> So, I want to buy a pump. Anyone got good suggestions on a model/brand
>> that works and actually fills the tires (both schroeder and presta) to
>> their suggest PSI?
>>

> www.adulttoys.com

hehehe pretty funny.

I use the Topeak Harpoon Masterblaster Frame mount pump, and it'll get up to
just under 40# pretty quick.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home