PDA

View Full Version : RR: Midday Out & Back

GeeDubb
May 3rd 06, 12:06 AM
I guess summer is finally here. Bike computer was showing 102F through part
of the ride before the clouds moved in. I decided to do some climbing so
opted to start with the Butte, about 700' in 1.7 miles. Worst time I've
ever done it in as I've still not fully recovered my fitness but that's why
I did it, I gotta start somewhere.

rode about 16 miles in just over 2 hours with 2200 feet of gain. Felt like
a snail today.

profiles and gps routes are here, just because.

http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2991&g2_fromNavId=xd2d60ca3

also contains the competitive track map at White Tanks...no photos since
it's just freaking brown desert.

May 3rd 06, 09:28 AM
Temps are there but Summers not. What planet are you from? Too high
planet on your Brutt.

Michael Dart
May 3rd 06, 12:40 PM
mumbled:
> Temps are there but Summers not. What planet are you from? Too high
> planet on your Brutt.

What planet are *you* from?!

"Too high planet on your Brutt." ???!!!

Mike - all your base are belong to us!

Michael Dart
May 3rd 06, 12:42 PM
GeeDubb wrote:
> I guess summer is finally here. Bike computer was showing 102F
> through part of the ride before the clouds moved in. I decided to do
> some climbing so opted to start with the Butte, about 700' in 1.7
> miles. Worst time I've ever done it in as I've still not fully
> recovered my fitness but that's why I did it, I gotta start somewhere.
>
> rode about 16 miles in just over 2 hours with 2200 feet of gain.
> Felt like a snail today.
>
> profiles and gps routes are here, just because.

http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2991&g2_fromNavId=xd2d60ca3

> also contains the competitive track map at White Tanks...no photos
> since it's just freaking brown desert.

Wish I had a 700' climb in my backyard. Especially that one, it's killer.

Mike

GeeDubb
May 3rd 06, 03:18 PM
"Michael Dart" > wrote in message
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> I guess summer is finally here. Bike computer was showing 102F
>> through part of the ride before the clouds moved in. I decided to do
>> some climbing so opted to start with the Butte, about 700' in 1.7
>> miles. Worst time I've ever done it in as I've still not fully
>> recovered my fitness but that's why I did it, I gotta start somewhere.
>>
>> rode about 16 miles in just over 2 hours with 2200 feet of gain.
>> Felt like a snail today.
>>
>> profiles and gps routes are here, just because.
>>

> http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2991&g2_fromNavId=xd2d60ca3
>>
>> also contains the competitive track map at White Tanks...no photos
>> since it's just freaking brown desert.
>
> Wish I had a 700' climb in my backyard. Especially that one, it's killer.
>
> Mike

It certainly killed me yesterday. Took 21:31 to get to the top with two
dabs avoiding hikers (now why the hell they weren't at work.....). I've got
a long way to go to get back to the sub-fourteen minute climbs I use to be
able to do.

ithinkicanithinkicanithinkican

Gary

Ride-A-Lot
May 3rd 06, 04:20 PM
GeeDubb wrote:

> "Michael Dart" > wrote in message
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>> I guess summer is finally here. Bike computer was showing 102F
>>> through part of the ride before the clouds moved in. I decided to do
>>> some climbing so opted to start with the Butte, about 700' in 1.7
>>> miles. Worst time I've ever done it in as I've still not fully
>>> recovered my fitness but that's why I did it, I gotta start somewhere.
>>>
>>> rode about 16 miles in just over 2 hours with 2200 feet of gain.
>>> Felt like a snail today.
>>>
>>> profiles and gps routes are here, just because.
>>>

>> http://www.pchospital.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2991&g2_fromNavId=xd2d60ca3
>>

>>> also contains the competitive track map at White Tanks...no photos
>>> since it's just freaking brown desert.
>>
>> Wish I had a 700' climb in my backyard. Especially that one, it's
>> killer.
>>
>> Mike
>>
> It certainly killed me yesterday. Took 21:31 to get to the top with two
> dabs avoiding hikers (now why the hell they weren't at work.....). I've
> got a long way to go to get back to the sub-fourteen minute climbs I use
> to be able to do.
>
> ithinkicanithinkicanithinkican
>
> Gary

Hmm... This may be my chance! If I get the SF job (looking probable),
we'll have to meet half way for an "out of shape" Gary challenge.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MattB
May 3rd 06, 05:12 PM
GeeDubb wrote:
> I guess summer is finally here. Bike computer was showing 102F through
> part of the ride before the clouds moved in.

OMG just that much sounds miserable to me! I was feeling pretty hot in
GJ last weekend. I think it may have hit 80 down in the little canyon we
were in.

Sounds like a good way to whip yourself back into shape.

I've been hitting my backyard 900'er some too. But I need to more...

Matt

p e t e f a g e r l i n
May 4th 06, 02:52 AM
Michael Dart wrote:

> Wish I had a 700' climb in my backyard. Especially that one, it's killer.

If I had White Tank in my backyard, I would be
hitting Mesquite to Willow to Ford to Goat Camp.

Now THAT'S a "killer."

Michael Dart
May 4th 06, 02:59 AM
JD wrote:
> Michael Dart wrote:
>> mumbled:
>>> Temps are there but Summers not. What planet are you from? Too high
>>> planet on your Brutt.
>>
>> What planet are *you* from?!
>>
>> "Too high planet on your Brutt." ???!!!
>>
>> Mike - all your base are belong to us!
>

> C'mon Darth, picking at Fred's heiroglyphical writing is almost as
> easy as harshing on Benjamin Spanklin.

Well it was before I finished my first cup of coffee this morning. ;^)

Darthman

Michael Dart
May 4th 06, 03:03 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> Michael Dart wrote:
>
>> Wish I had a 700' climb in my backyard. Especially that one, it's
>> killer.
>
> If I had White Tank in my backyard, I would be
> hitting Mesquite to Willow to Ford to Goat Camp.
>
> Now THAT'S a "killer."

That's beyond "killer". Makes my scrote shrink just thinking about it.

Mike -brrrrrr

GeeDubb
May 4th 06, 07:16 PM
"p e t e f a g e r l i n" > wrote
in message m...
> Michael Dart wrote:
>
>> Wish I had a 700' climb in my backyard. Especially that one, it's
>> killer.
>
> If I had White Tank in my backyard, I would be hitting Mesquite to Willow
> to Ford to Goat Camp.
>
> Now THAT'S a "killer."

I can do the 700' climb by myself, not worrying about possible wipe outs.
The trails you can ride....I cannot with any confidence so it'd be a
hike-a-bike. Besides, WT is about a 45 minute drive for me and I'd rather
spend the time riding than driving.

I'll enjoy Goat Camp from the comfort of my own computer and your website!

Gary

GeeDubb
May 4th 06, 07:21 PM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message

> Hmm... This may be my chance! If I get the SF job (looking probable),
> we'll have to meet half way for an "out of shape" Gary challenge.

Bring it on. How about Las Vegas sometime in July/August....hehehehe.
BrainFryRUS.

By the time you get to SF, I'll be riding the ss (once I wipe the dust off)
up the Butte (barring knee issues!) I am planning another venture today,
thinking twice up the Butte. It's the only way I'm going to get back to
where I once was.

Gary

Ride-A-Lot
May 4th 06, 07:51 PM
GeeDubb wrote:

> "Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
>

>> Hmm... This may be my chance! If I get the SF job (looking
>> probable), we'll have to meet half way for an "out of shape" Gary
>> challenge.
>>

> Bring it on. How about Las Vegas sometime in July/August....hehehehe.
> BrainFryRUS.
>
> By the time you get to SF, I'll be riding the ss (once I wipe the dust
> off) up the Butte (barring knee issues!) I am planning another venture
> today, thinking twice up the Butte. It's the only way I'm going to get
> back to where I once was.
>
> Gary

Sniff... sniff... What's that I smell? Oh, a challenge. Better yet an
SS challenge!

You win I buy a pound of your favorite coffee beans, I win and you owe
me a case of 2 liter bottles of Coke.

I'll be in PHX in October again. I may even show up at AMB-ID if I'm in SF.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

GeeDubb
May 4th 06, 08:09 PM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>> "Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
>>

>>> Hmm... This may be my chance! If I get the SF job (looking probable),
>>> we'll have to meet half way for an "out of shape" Gary challenge.
>>>

>> Bring it on. How about Las Vegas sometime in July/August....hehehehe.
>> BrainFryRUS.
>>
>> By the time you get to SF, I'll be riding the ss (once I wipe the dust
>> off) up the Butte (barring knee issues!) I am planning another venture
>> today, thinking twice up the Butte. It's the only way I'm going to get
>> back to where I once was.
>>
>> Gary
>
> Sniff... sniff... What's that I smell? Oh, a challenge. Better yet an
> SS challenge!
>
> You win I buy a pound of your favorite coffee beans, I win and you owe me
> a case of 2 liter bottles of Coke.
>
> I'll be in PHX in October again. I may even show up at AMB-ID if I'm in
> SF.

It's a bet, where are we riding?
Don't know yet if I'm going to be able to make the AMB-ID trip. We bought
another place in Colorado so money is going to be tight for a while (like
the next 15 years). Cost of fuel up and back would be about half the house
payment unless I go solo with tent! Somehow the little lady and kids might
get a little PO'd about that.......

If any Southern California riders end up going and you're in SF, you could
always travel together....

Gary

Ride-A-Lot
May 4th 06, 08:24 PM
GeeDubb wrote:

> It's a bet, where are we riding?

McDowell (I don't want to kill myself and it is a race course)

> Don't know yet if I'm going to be able to make the AMB-ID trip. We
> bought another place in Colorado so money is going to be tight for a
> while (like the next 15 years). Cost of fuel up and back would be about
> half the house payment unless I go solo with tent! Somehow the little
> lady and kids might get a little PO'd about that.......

Another place? Keep it up and you'll have more CO land than Haliburton.

> If any Southern California riders end up going and you're in SF, you
> could always travel together....

This is true. I'll be driving to the MTB Oregon thing and I even have a
passenger already.

Of course, all this is riding on me being very stupidly over confident
right now.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

GeeDubb
May 4th 06, 11:37 PM
"Ride-A-Lot" > wrote in message
> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>> It's a bet, where are we riding?
>
> McDowell (I don't want to kill myself and it is a race course)
>
>> Don't know yet if I'm going to be able to make the AMB-ID trip. We
>> bought another place in Colorado so money is going to be tight for a
>> while (like the next 15 years). Cost of fuel up and back would be about
>> half the house payment unless I go solo with tent! Somehow the little
>> lady and kids might get a little PO'd about that.......
>
> Another place? Keep it up and you'll have more CO land than Haliburton.
>

>> If any Southern California riders end up going and you're in SF, you
>> could always travel together....
>>

> This is true. I'll be driving to the MTB Oregon thing and I even have a
> passenger already.
>
> Of course, all this is riding on me being very stupidly over confident
> right now.

that's a good thing but I know what you mean, I found out recently that I
burned some bridges when I left Goodrich and my old job has an
opening.....but not for me, oops! Some people just can't take a friggen
joke.

gary

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home