PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ed Dolan on the Uses of Wilderness

Tom G
May 4th 06, 07:56 PM
I apologize in advance to anyone who might read this, but the
overwhelming hate spewed by these two flakes is really starting to
bother me.

Just so you know, I do not and have never owned a mountain bike. I
prefer road bikes, though I have been known to travel a dirt road on
occasion.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2006 02:43:09 -0500, "Edward Dolan" >
> wrote:
>
> >Vandeman is long-winded as hell, but that does not mean he is wrong. I do
> >not like to see any kind of bike on a hiking trail anywhere. Trails are for
> >human walking, not for freaking machinery. I would like to see horses banned
> >from all hiking trails too, but I know that is expecting too much.

Nonsense. He couldn't be more wrong is he were inside out and from
another planet. Trails are for following. There are all kinds of
trails, and some trails are open to any form of transport.
Motorcycles, etc. Indeed, what is an interstate but a limited access,
four lane paved trail that is limited to motorized vehicles only?

> I agree that animals should not be used as vehicles. But horses have a
> right to be in North America, because that's where the (genus) horse
> evolved.

You are an idiot. I won't even comment about the 'no animal vehicle'
flake-out. Horses are native to Asia and didn't show up in the western
hemisphere until Europeans brought them. Horses are an
invasive species and should be eradicated at all costs.
Moron.

> >I most definitely do not ever want to see any bikes in a designated wilderness
> >area.

And I don't want to see YOU.

> >Surely there are plenty of forestry roads and fire roads for cyclists.

And plenty of psych wards for you.

> The biology & physics of riding on dirt roads is the same as on dirt
> trails. They belong only on pavement.

Wow. Nothing with wheels should ever leave the pavement. I suppose
this should apply to farming as well? Your flake master, Darth
Vandeman, doesn't seem to have a problem with bikes on forestry and
fire roads. You sir, are an even bigger flake than he.

> >Our world is being overrun with roads and we do not want bikes on footpaths. I
> >have seen footpaths literally destroyed by cycling. They end up not fit for
> >bikes or even for hikers.

But feet on bike paths or roads is OK. Hypocrite. And somehow, the
trails continue to be used... Do you wear leather shoes or belts?

> >Vandeman is right in all his essential points. Cyclists who want to ride in
> >the wilderness and/or natural areas are the worst slobs in the universe. To
> >go off trail on a bike is an even greater abomination. If I were managing a
> >natural area, I would make damn sure no cyclists ever trespassed on my
> >sacred ground. It would be reserved strictly for walkers (hikers).

Vandeman is a psycho and a menace to usenet. He's right about nothing.
However, 'abomination' is a wonderful word, and it applies nicely to
you & your mentor's usenet practices.

> >The hybrid (mountain) bike has its' uses, but trail riding is not one of
> >them.

Yeah, mountain bikes are for riding on the street. Jack off.

> >What is a natural area for? It is for contemplation, not for recreation. If
> >you want recreation, then go to Coney Island or some other freaking
> >god-awful man-made amusement park. When you are in a natural area, you
> >should be doing nothing but communing with God. It is a sacrilege to be
> >doing anything else.

I prefer logging (OK, I prefer hunting & fishing, but I couldn't
resist). It is sacrilege the way you and hairy-palms Vandeman abuse
usenet.

> Thanks. I think that telling the truth is coming back into fashion,
> after it went into hiding for most of the Bush years. Even the
> Democrats are starting to breathe again....

Yup, those Dems is breathing again. Too bad they are hell bent on self
desctuction. The Repubs have tried their damnedest to give it back to
the Dems, but I don't think the Dems can avoid self imolation long
enough to accept it.

> >Regards,
> >
> >Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> >aka
> >Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Ed Dolan the Flake is more like it. Order of the Perpetual Sorrows is
RIGHT! I'm sad, too, after wading through so much neck-deep BS. You
inflict perpetual sorrow on usenet with your inane babble.

Is anyone else reminded of 'The Village' here?

A couple of bigger flakes could not be found.

My deepest regrets,
Tom

Mary Malmros
May 5th 06, 02:30 AM
"Tom G" > wrote in
oups.com:

> I apologize in advance to anyone who might read this, but the
> overwhelming hate spewed by these two flakes is really starting to
> bother me.

So stop responding to them, stop crossposting and propagating their
crap, and stop reading it if it gets you riled. That's what it's
intended to do. If someone wants to screw you, do you walk away, or do
you bend over and grab your ankles?

Your feelings are sincere and your desire to say something sane
is...laudable, I suppose. But you need to realize that every sane,
sensible thing you have to say has been said before. Multiple times.
Over the, what is it, something like fourteen years now? that Vandeman
has been posting his crap. You have nothing new to say, I have nothing
new to say, no one has anything new to say to him. The only sane and
sensible thing to do is ignore. Give it a try.

> My deepest regrets,

Don't regret, deeply or otherwise. Just stop doing it.

Eugene Miya
May 5th 06, 06:00 PM
In article >,
Mary Malmros > wrote:

Good job Mary.

>"Tom G" > wrote in
oups.com:
>> I apologize in advance to anyone who might read this, but the
>> overwhelming hate spewed by these two flakes is really starting to
>> bother me.
>
>So stop responding to them, stop crossposting and propagating their
>crap, and stop reading it if it gets you riled. That's what it's
>intended to do. If someone wants to screw you, do you walk away, or do
>you bend over and grab your ankles?

ALso use Killfiles, ask ISPs for those kinds of services in readers.
Cut down if you are not willing to cut cross posts.

>Your feelings are sincere and your desire to say something sane
>is...laudable, I suppose. But you need to realize that every sane,
>sensible thing you have to say has been said before. Multiple times.
>Over the, what is it, something like fourteen years now? that Vandeman
>has been posting his crap. You have nothing new to say, I have nothing
>new to say, no one has anything new to say to him. The only sane and
>sensible thing to do is ignore. Give it a try.
>
>> My deepest regrets,
>
>Don't regret, deeply or otherwise. Just stop doing it.

Right. She has that.

--

Mike Vandeman
May 6th 06, 09:24 PM
> wrote:

>"Tom G" > wrote in
oups.com:

>> I apologize in advance to anyone who might read this, but the
>> overwhelming hate spewed by these two flakes is really starting to
>> bother me.
>
>So stop responding to them, stop crossposting and propagating their
>crap, and stop reading it if it gets you riled. That's what it's
>intended to do. If someone wants to screw you, do you walk away, or do
>you bend over and grab your ankles?
>
>Your feelings are sincere and your desire to say something sane
>is...laudable, I suppose. But you need to realize that every sane,
>sensible thing you have to say has been said before. Multiple times.
>Over the, what is it, something like fourteen years now? that Vandeman
>has been posting his crap. You have nothing new to say, I have nothing
>new to say, no one has anything new to say to him. The only sane and
>sensible thing to do is ignore. Give it a try.
>
>> My deepest regrets,
>
>Don't regret, deeply or otherwise. Just stop doing it.

You're wasting your breath. Mountain bikers don't listen to anyone,
even their peers.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

dardruba
May 8th 06, 11:56 PM
>> I apologize in advance to anyone who might read this, but the
>> overwhelming hate spewed by these two flakes is really starting to
>> bother me.
>
> So stop responding to them, stop crossposting and propagating their
> crap, and stop reading it if it gets you riled. That's what it's
> intended to do.

Which part of Mary's post do you not understand.

Gary S.
May 10th 06, 02:28 PM
On Sat, 06 May 2006 15:44:47 GMT, Mike Vandeman >
wrote:

>That just demonstrates your ignorance of biology. Horses evolved in
>North America, and migrated to Asia.

Are you right at this time, claiming the above, or were you right in
your past posts, claiming that horses are an exotic species to the
Americas and should be removed from the hemisphere?

Since you are always right and always have been (according to you) how
would you explain your contradiction, which is on record in Google?

Virtually every other person with a PhD only claims expertise in their
own field, while you claim expertise in everything. Too bad other
people cannot get the Universal PhD (tm) that you have.

I guess you think that all others with PhDs are really stupid, since
you spend so much time correcting their studies when they disagree
with your OPINION.

Do you have any respect for any other human being, based on criteria
other than how much they agree with you?

Agar
May 23rd 06, 06:16 PM

>> I hope the price of gas goes to $100. a gallon as that is the one
>> thing that will bring the insanity to a halt.
>>

> I cant wait for gas to go to $100/gallon, then the fools in Minnesota
> wont be able to drive/fly here to ruin out beautiful Colorado.
>
> Chris Foster
> Colorado Native

I'll be glad when arguments over mountain biking are no-longer cross-posted
in a Recumbent newsgroup...

Dan
May 23rd 06, 06:52 PM

>> The worst thing I ever saw was an off-road motorcyclist barreling
>> across a high alpine meadow region. I think if I had had a gun I would
>> have used it on him.
>>
>> I hope the price of gas goes to $100. a gallon as that is the one
>> thing that will bring the insanity to a halt.
>>

> I cant wait for gas to go to $100/gallon, then the fools in Minnesota
> wont be able to drive/fly here to ruin out beautiful Colorado.
>
> Chris Foster
> Colorado Native
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

I'll be glad when arguments over mountain biking are no longer
cross-posted in the Recumbent newsgroup...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home