PDA

View Full Version : I am officialy a level one rider!!

rabbithunter018
May 5th 06, 12:02 AM
Well, not really. According to the International Unicycle Federation
rules you have to be certified by one of thier people, so I'm not
-officialy- a level one rider, but I consider myself one.
I have just mastered standered mounting, and it's pretty cool to start
without having to hold onto anything. the fifty meters was a challenge.
Since I'm not up on the metric system, I converted fifty meters into
feet, and it turned out to be 164 point somthing. I began looking for
places to mesure my distance, and I mesure a sidewalk block. they
turned out to be 4 feet each. 164 divided by 4 equals 41. so I had to
ride aproximatly 41 sidewalk blocks. It took me a couple of tries, but
I finally got it! it feels so good! dismounting gracefully with the uni
in front of me is a little hard, since I seem to grabe the seat from
the back (it's a cheap uni; it doesn't have handles) so I'm not sure if
it's what you would call gracefull, but it's not exactly ungracefull!:D
:D
It's so cool to be able to ride a unicycle!!:D :cool:

--
rabbithunter018

Never underestimate stupid people in large groups

It is always better to keep your mouth shut and have people question
your intelligence, than to say something stupid and leave them in no
doubt.
rabbithunter018's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12156

BornUgly
May 5th 06, 12:12 AM
Congratulations! Now you need to learn to mount with either foot, and
turn. (if I remember right)

--
BornUgly

I believe that buildering should be legal as long as I'm not falling on
anybody. :)

><> Unicycle for Christ <><

<== The guy over that way is NOT me. I'm not really ugly, my name is an
inside joke. :)
BornUgly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11927

Into the blue
May 5th 06, 12:17 AM
Well done mate!
Double thumbs up!

--
Into the blue

"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads..."
Into the blue's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12084

rabbithunter018
May 5th 06, 01:36 AM
Well, once in awhile I can mount with the other foot, and I can sort of
turn. Imagine a zigzagging line, going in a strait line. then the
zigzagging line gradualy turns while still zigzagging.:D How I turn, I
don't know, but I can! sort of. But I think I have to do a figure eight
or something for level 2.
Now I have a rash on my legs; I need boxer breifs!:D :D

--
rabbithunter018

Never underestimate stupid people in large groups

It is always better to keep your mouth shut and have people question
your intelligence, than to say something stupid and leave them in no
doubt.
rabbithunter018's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12156

Klaas Bil
May 11th 06, 07:56 AM
On Thu, 4 May 2006 18:02:31 -0500, rabbithunter018 wrote:

>It took me a couple of tries

There's the snag. It's not enough if you can sometimes do each of the
three (mount, ride, dismount). The standard mount, riding 50 m and
graceful dismount all have to be done in one go. You are allowed three
tries to have them all in one go.

underdog
May 11th 06, 05:13 PM
Congrats!! It's such a great feeling once you really 'get it.' My first
50 meter ride is one that I'll never forget.:D :D

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home