PDA

View Full Version : buckled

epistolize
May 6th 06, 12:56 PM
my wheel is buckled, but rideable. is it really inadviseable to ride a
buckled wheel- what complications will arise from this?

i really don't want to spend anymore on this 24" udc dodger until i get
my new trials and i don't think i'll get it before i go to the BUC.

however the uni is my main mode of transport, so i just want to know
how much extra i'm risking my neck by continuing to ride it.:confused:

--
epistolize

my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files

anti-capitalisation, anti-capitalism; neither for nor against always
work well

"Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?" 'Bite Me'
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

Brian MacKenzie
May 6th 06, 01:00 PM
the only thing you risk (other than personal safety) is the already
buckled wheel, if it's rideable, ride it with caution, don't take it
over the slightest of bumps, and it may last until you replace it.
Even a twist or a turn may be it's demise

epistolize wrote:
> my wheel is buckled, but rideable. is it really inadviseable to ride a
> buckled wheel- what complications will arise from this?
>
> i really don't want to spend anymore on this 24" udc dodger until i get
> my new trials and i don't think i'll get it before i go to the BUC.
>
> however the uni is my main mode of transport, so i just want to know
> how much extra i'm risking my neck by continuing to ride it.:confused:

--
Brian MacKenzie

Justonewheel: 'Just put the new uni together in the driveway stopped to
move the car and ran over the uni.'

DVD now available: 'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

epistolize
May 6th 06, 01:16 PM
thanks! well i'm about to ride it off to work in a wee while, sor i'll
bear this in mind.

i -really really really- want my new trials. i think my uni wants me to
get it too so i can quit riding it so hard.

--
epistolize

my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files

anti-capitalisation, anti-capitalism; neither for nor against always
work well

"Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?" 'Bite Me'
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

skroboskim
May 7th 06, 12:15 AM
is the rim actually buckled or is it bent just enough to clear? ... cuz
you can usually get the rim straightened at your local bikeshop for
fairly cheap

--
skroboskim

*:) -stephen-:)* CCTX
JOIN THE CLUB>!!!!>

_*><>_Unicycle_for_Christ_<><
*_
skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

s7ev0
May 7th 06, 01:53 AM
epistolize wrote:
> my wheel is buckled

Can I just say how nice it is to see the word "buckled" instead of
"taco'd"?

I'm sure Miss Ayerley would approve.

--
s7ev0