PDA

View Full Version : Idling the 29ers.

cathwood
May 6th 06, 03:50 PM
The recent thread on idling cokers made me think about learning the idle
the 29er. So over the last week I have managed to do about 5 idles on
the Big Apple with 125mm cranks but I managed 10 on the Kenda Klaw with
140mm cranks (both on rough tarmac). I'm really pleased with this cos
it took me months to learn to idle on the 20" and I can still only do
about 33 with my right foot and about half that with my left.
:)

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

harper
May 6th 06, 05:08 PM
Cathy-

The big wheels can be idled as soon as you've got the motion down on
the smaller ones. Congratulations on your progress. I still tend to try
to take my weight off of the seat on my Coker and then I idle in arcs.
I put my weight back on the seat and then straighten right out. Keep up
the good work and remember the fundamentals.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

cathwood
May 6th 06, 05:27 PM
Thanks.

So far I have/need more control when I'm idling the big wheel and I
have to be more precise. The movements are (obviously) slower.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home