PDA

View Full Version : Fun with animals

Gman
May 7th 06, 12:33 AM
So I rode up Squaw Creek last weekend. Good ride, but too
hung over to make it to the top. On the way down I am
startled by 200-head of cattle and eat it. Then I gotta
drag my bike up the hill and sit there bleeding while they
are herded by.

Today, I ride up Squaw Creek, this time I made it to the
top...ugh...that ride is much more formidable than I
remember.

ANYwho...on the way down this time...sheep! Lots of them
covering the trail. At least I didn't wreck. AND thank God
there were no sheep dogs... I was in NO mood to be bitten.

The trail was pretty loose because someone in a bulldozer
(undoubtably Boise BLM folks) decided to smooth the trail
out a bit after the heavy rains. Wasn't all bad tho, over
the water bars they left little piles of sand that created
some natural doubles.

DEFINITELY couldn't preload the shocks on take off tho,
otherwise the front end would stick in the sand and it was
endo city.

That is all.

Sorni
May 7th 06, 02:34 AM
Gman wrote:

> ...On the way down I am
> startled by 200-head of cattle and eat it.

Dude, you should REALLY enter a contest or something!

:-D

Slack
May 7th 06, 03:42 AM
On Sat, 06 May 2006 18:34:10 -0700, Sorni
> wrote:

> Gman wrote:
>
>> ...On the way down I am
>> startled by 200-head of cattle and eat it.
>
> Dude, you should REALLY enter a contest or something!
>
> :-D

After reading only the subject line, I thought he might entering prison :-(
_____
Slack

May 8th 06, 04:07 AM
Here's a little loop I rode on the mountain bike last spring when I
still lived in Boise, going the wrong way up Orchard Gulch and then
down the dreaded trail 6, with photos of wildflowers and lots of sheep.
The 3D perspective view is looking down towards Boise from over the
ridge road.

http://www.gpstrailmaps.com/idaho/OrchardGulch/OrchardGulch.html

My suggestion is to ride up to the ridge road and then go down Orchard
Gulch, because the old mining road up to the ridge line is pretty
loose. But if you don't mind hiking your bike this makes a pretty good,
but strenuous, spring ride.

Arizona prosecutors discovered that the bestiality law had been
repealed after attempting to prosecute the offense detailed below. (The
Arizona legislature is working to plug the hole.)

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0307deputychief-sheep07-ON.html

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home