PDA

View Full Version : Riding Backwards

trials_uni
May 6th 06, 11:50 PM
ive recently decided that i want to learn to ride backward. is there a
trick to it or is it more or less like learning to ride all over again.
the way ive been going about it is the same way i learned to ride. rind
a railing and lean back and pedal backwards and let go of the rail and
try to go for it on my own.

if anyone has anytips that woudl make this easier criticism is quite
welcome.

thanks
-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

harper
May 6th 06, 11:55 PM
I think it's pretty much like learning how to ride again. I learned
while I was teaching a friend to ride. We alternated. I freemounted and
just started to go backwards. Same as learning. I would go a pedal rev
and fall. Then two. Then five.

You know the drill. All the basics still apply. Weight on the seat.
Look forward. Weight on the seat. Don't look at the tire. Weight on the
seat. Smooth pedal strokes. Weight on the seat. Ride until you fall,
don't chicken out. Weight on the seat. Did I say weight on the seat.?

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

trials_uni
May 7th 06, 01:01 AM
ok ill go try that tommorow...btw should i keep my wieght on the seat?

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

s7ev0
May 7th 06, 01:55 AM
Just like to say good luck. I've been trying (VERY half-heartedly, it
has to be admitted) to ride backwards, and it certainly FEELS like
learning to ride all over again. It's that dead point just like I
remember!

If I can learn how to do it at BUC I'll be well chuffed!

BTW - glad to see you're unicycling for a good reason.

--
s7ev0

DARWIN LOVES YOU

The best things in life aren't things

-Avatar courtesy of Loosemoose. -
s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310

skroboskim
May 7th 06, 02:16 AM
i think it helps to ride forwards and spin off of something (once you
get where you can ride 5 or so pedals backwards). and go backwards as
far as you can then just ride forwards... or if you can hop-180 then do
that and go backwards until you fall off :)

--
skroboskim

*:) -stephen-:)* CCTX
JOIN THE CLUB>!!!!>

_*><>_Unicycle_for_Christ_<><
*_
skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

phlegm
May 7th 06, 04:19 AM
Make sure you wear a helmet! The only time I've hit my helmet hard when
unicycling is when learning to ride backwards.

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

unijesse
May 7th 06, 04:22 AM
i rolling hopped a two stair backwards today

--
unijesse

><> Unicycle For Christ <><
00000
00000
00000
00000
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

forrestunifreak
May 7th 06, 04:35 AM
unijesse wrote:
> i rolling hopped a two stair backwards today

Up or down?

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

mornish
May 7th 06, 05:00 AM
I learned by going forward, doing an idle, going half a rev back, and
then forward again. when I got better at that i went a full rev. ect.

Miles

--
mornish

><>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

picado
May 7th 06, 05:39 AM
mornish wrote:
> I learned by going forward, doing an idle, going half a rev back, and
> then forward again. when I got better at that i went a full rev. ect.
>
> Miles

same for me...
this way works fine...

--
picado
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

madmattunipro
May 7th 06, 06:05 AM
Yeah, if you are strong at idling(or at least pretty good), it helps.
It's very much like learning to ride all over again, it just takes some
time and practice. It is an extremely valuable skill, so make sure you
learn it well.

--
madmattunipro

><>Unicycle For Christ<><
madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763

dan de man
May 7th 06, 10:08 AM
for some reason I could just ride backwards as soon as I started
Weird

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
> Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.
>
> Help yourself to anything in the fridge.
>
> And please don't feed the clowns.
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

cathwood
May 7th 06, 01:22 PM
I've been learning to idle and ride backwards. I think both skills help
each other. I only get access to the gym to do it in once a week though
and it's taken months.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

dorfman
May 7th 06, 01:26 PM
basically what every body else said but i would do it in some thin grass
and when you fall dont try and catch the seat let it fall its worse for
your jewls that way

back wards riding is fun but some times i get out of control and go way
to fast

other than that dont give in wear a helmet and go for it

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

Victory
May 7th 06, 01:27 PM
When riding backwards don't be afraid to twist to correct yourself...
I remember when I was learning I would ride all snakey but this just
helps you go further without falling... the straightness will come
later.

--
Victory

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ln5ml)
whenever someone makes fun of you, wheel your unicycle over to them and
ask if they would like to try riding it. i've never seen people shut up
so fast. - unisteve
Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home