PDA

View Full Version : Uni-Pedal-Demon (AKA: UPD)

brian.slater
May 6th 06, 11:57 PM
Uni-Pedal-Demon (AKA: UPD)

A middling demon, not a high Demon nor a low demon (imp of the
perverse), this demon has one of anything – one eye, one nostril, one
leg, one arm, one tusk, one arm, one leg, one finger and one toe (you
might think he has two tentacles, but they have bones, so they’re
tentacly not technicals :p and one, most definitely, has a palm and a
finger – you know which finger it is. :eek:)

This demon is particularly angry, :mad: as he feels that he should be
the demon in charge of all uni-wheeled vehicles, but as he has only one
buttock so he can’t sit on a unicycle seat and therefore can’t master a
unicycle (although, if he could he’d obviously be good at one-footed
seat-out and hopping!). His singular anger (could he have any other
kind?) is the reason there are unexplained UPDs (please note his alias
{and you thought it meant unplanned dismount - so gullible}): he waits
until after a unicyclist has cleared, with no problems at all, a
particularly difficult section and then reaches up and grabs – just for
an instant, mind you – the tire (he's -never- tyred :rolleyes:) which,
of course, causes the rider to curse the UPD.:mad:

Thus is explain-ed those UPDs on perfectly flat, smooth places with
nary a stick or stone around.:rolleyes:

--
brian.slater

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference. If you try not
to confuse me, that will confuse me.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

evil-nick
May 7th 06, 04:40 AM
3 months ago, I would have thought this was a little... peculiar...
until I learned that medieval church scribes actually attributed errors
in copying texts to a patron demon, named Titivillus (Actually spelling
may vary).

So... If there's a patron demon of UPD's, is there a patron saint of
"I managed to keep my balance in an impossible riding situation"? :D

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

john_childs
May 7th 06, 04:48 AM
evil-nick wrote:
> is there a patron saint of "I managed to keep my balance in an
> impossible riding situation"? :D

St. Kris Holm

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

dan de man
May 7th 06, 10:05 AM
yeah he must of performed at least three miricals

--
dan de man

Jethro wrote:
> Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.
>
> Help yourself to anything in the fridge.
>
> And please don't feed the clowns.
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

iridemymuni
May 7th 06, 10:22 AM
It's Kris Holm, he doesn't have to perform miracles

--
iridemymuni

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, in
practice, there is.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

brian.slater
May 7th 06, 11:29 AM
john_childs wrote:
> St. Kris Holm

Sorry, He doesn't currently qualify, to qualify for sainthood you have
to be, also, dead. And, while He does perform miracles (:cool: every
time He rides,) He ain't dead, yet!:)

Please to notice the caps.:rolleyes:

--
brian.slater

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference. If you try not
to confuse me, that will confuse me.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

tumblebug rollin
May 7th 06, 01:14 PM
In medieval times it was proposed that the reason rifleing causd bullets
to fly more accurately was because the spin imparted made it difficult
for airborn demons to grasp the projetile and force it out of it's
intended path.

All this time I thought UPD was Up-side-down---------See avatar.

--
tumblebug rollin
tumblebug rollin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12020

dorfman
May 7th 06, 01:20 PM
well atleast he has a cool sport to tamper with

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

evil-nick
May 8th 06, 04:03 AM
At school we've been doing Kris Holmisms a la Chuck Norris:

"Kris Holm's sperm can withstand 3000PSI."

"Kris Holm was once kicked in the groin by a horse. The horse had to
be shot, due to its broken leg."

:D

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/