PDA

View Full Version : im almost back

dorfman
May 8th 06, 01:48 PM
I get my cast off today and in 3 days I can resume unicycling....it
should be awesome...I will forever have to unicycle with an ancle brace
but that shouldnt be to bad. I cant waid till I get this rank stank
cast off its really starting to reak and its horrid.

so you can take me off the injured reserve list
becouse im back ....almost

warren

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

unisteez
May 8th 06, 02:23 PM
awesome. i bet you are pretty excited.
i know i would be.

im going to see the aquabats and streetlight manifesto tonight.
woot...that doesnt have anything to do with this thread, but i saw that
you are also a cadet.

--
unisteez
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Ronnie
May 8th 06, 02:23 PM
Bravo, Warren! Being released from a cast is one of life's most joyful
experiences! (Not unlike getting off your ship and going ashore after
92 days at sea!) What kind of ankle brace will you be using? I'm in
the market for one myself.

--
Ronnie
Ronnie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11511

Wheel Rider
May 8th 06, 02:37 PM
Keep in mind that your muscles under the cast are going to be very weak
from not being used. It is going to take much more than three days to
get back up to speed. Take things really easy for a couple weeks. You
don't want to start tearing up muscles and ligaments.

Be patient and don't hurt yourself further. Exercise those muscles
carefully.

Something else to look forward to is the flaking dead skin. Be prepared
to shed a lot. :p

Let us know when you get the cast off.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

olwyn
May 8th 06, 02:56 PM
Hi doffman, nice to see your almost back.
Like Wheel rider says take the slow lane for a while. And don't
scratch! cos it it'll itch like hell. :D

--
olwyn

Why does life steam passed so fast when your enjoying yourself?
olwyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12162

dorfman
May 8th 06, 06:37 PM
well it turns out that there making me wait 3 more weeks before i can
uni again

ronnie they gave me what is called an air cast....it a brace but i
dunno how it would hold up 2 upds so i will prolly get another one when
i start up again

but yes it was pretty gross when they took it off

but atleast i can take normal showers and swim now

warren

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

dorfman
May 8th 06, 06:38 PM

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20744042
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

dorfman
May 8th 06, 06:38 PM
woops accidentally double posted

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=20744042
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

Jerrick
May 8th 06, 11:59 PM
I have an air cast, you can ride with one on, but its hard to put shin
guards over them. I recommend not riding until you dont need the air
brace, cause one slight twist or bad landing will not be good at all.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave me
alone about it!~*~

'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

x1psh1x
May 9th 06, 12:15 AM
wait, i know this is random. but you like the aquabats? and you
unicycle. your going on my heros list

--
x1psh1x

the only way out is death

http://myspace.com/captainklunk
x1psh1x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11791

dorfman
May 9th 06, 12:20 AM
unisteez wrote:
> awesome. i bet you are pretty excited.
> i know i would be.
>

> im going to see the aquabats and streetlight manifesto tonight.
> woot...that doesnt have anything to do with this thread, but i saw that
> you are also a cadet.

i havent seen streetlight manifesto in concert yet but i saw the
aquabats in there "teenage pagamas from space tour" (thats what i think
it was) it had the aquabats, the epoxies and the phenomnauts it was a
pretty awsome concert...

x1psh1x wrote:
> wait, i know this is random. but you like the aquabats? and you
> unicycle. your going on my heros list

huzaah im on a hero list....just to let you know my super hero name is
huzaah-man

I am the masked unicycling caped avenger of justice

wobble wobble and away!

warren

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

x1psh1x
May 9th 06, 12:31 AM
amazing

--
x1psh1x

the only way out is death

http://myspace.com/captainklunk
x1psh1x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11791

dorfman
May 9th 06, 12:33 AM
pfft....not really theres not much crime in my area to fight ...I cant
wait till I get a coker ...then i can broaden my crime fighting radius

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

x1psh1x
May 9th 06, 02:34 AM
hmmm, i wish i could get one, but theyre too much, and im to lazy to get
a job

--
x1psh1x

the only way out is death

http://myspace.com/captainklunk
x1psh1x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11791

bigsamm
May 9th 06, 03:57 PM
Do you have an academy sports and outdoors store near you dorfman?

I wore a airsplint for my last ankle injury, it was expensive at the
pharmacy. Academy carries them for about 5 dollars, same product.

Where on the bone did you fracture your fibula? Was it the result of
repeated ankle injuries?

I have hurt my anle several times and can reccomend the air splints, as
they do a good job of limiting ankle movement side to side, yet still
allow you to move your foot up and down.

My best pointer is to pick up some boxing handwraps, and wrap one
around the airsplint after you put it on, it adds a lot to what you can
do without further injury. Good luck on the rehab.

--
bigsamm
bigsamm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12058

Google