PDA

View Full Version : Re: Question for other old beginners!

shapr
May 8th 06, 02:24 PM
My sense of preservation is also well developed, and my sense of
immortality is rather scarce.
Even so, I've set my own standard such that if I haven't fallen down at
least once, I'm not trying hard enough.

Once I could mount and ride without falling off, I checked the list of
tricks and came up with a requirements tree.
Nearly every trick requires idling, so I started with that.
Next, hopping is important to get up on curbs when riding in cities, so
I added that to my 'basic' goalset. Since I do spend so much time in
cities I added dropping off of high curbs and freemounting.

I've got most of these skills up to comfortable, if not brilliant, so
now I'm aiming for MUni skills.

So, what's your goal? Transportation, adventure, fame?
Giraffes impress people but aren't that hard, big wheels go fast, MUni
is great adventure. As long as you're having fun, I say you're doing it
right.

--
shapr

Add your knowledge to the 'Unicyclopedia'
(http://www.unicyclopedia.org/) Brittanica ! Even if you're not
British!
shapr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7727

Google