PDA

View Full Version : Hope for the Endangered Species of San Diego

MTBBill
May 8th 06, 08:31 PM
The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought to
have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.

Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured that
proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.

See for yourself.
http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg

-Bill

Sorni
May 8th 06, 08:37 PM
MTBBill wrote:
> The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
> Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
> status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
> been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought to
> have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
> sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
>
> Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured that
> proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.
>
> See for yourself.
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg

You got my bad side! (The front.)

Bill "much better looking than pictures reveal" S.

Ride-A-Lot
May 8th 06, 08:45 PM
MTBBill wrote:
> The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
> Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
> status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
> been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought to
> have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
> sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
>
> Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured that
> proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.
>
> See for yourself.
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg
>

> -Bill

ROTFLMAO!

That's f'ing beautiful! Not Bill... the concept.

Put on a little weight there, huh?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Sorni
May 8th 06, 08:51 PM
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> MTBBill wrote:
>> The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
>> Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
>> status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
>> been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought
>> to have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
>> sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
>>
>> Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured
>> that proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.
>>
>> See for yourself.
>> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg
>>

>> -Bill
>>

> ROTFLMAO!
>
> That's f'ing beautiful! Not Bill... the concept.
>
> Put on a little weight there, huh?

He snapped the pic when I was...uh, inhaling?

Bill "you're one to talk, fireplug" S.

Sorni
May 8th 06, 09:40 PM
MTBBill wrote:
> The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
> Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
> status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
> been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought to
> have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
> sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
>
> Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured that
> proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.

BTW, the REST of my ride:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/95579/amazing_bike_tricks/

Bill "aw, shucks" S.

GeeDubb
May 8th 06, 10:11 PM
"MTBBill" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
> Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
> status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
> been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought to
> have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
> sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
>
> Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured that
> proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.
>
> See for yourself.
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg
>

> -Bill

Geesh, a walking Titus "bill"board............

Sorni
May 8th 06, 10:40 PM
GeeDubb wrote:
> "MTBBill" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
>> Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
>> status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
>> been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought
>> to have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
>> sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
>>
>> Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured
>> that proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.
>>
>> See for yourself.
>> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg
>>

>> -Bill
>>
> Geesh, a walking Titus "bill"board............

JFTR, that's the wrong "XXL" one they sent me initially. Got an XL that
fits much better. (Orange and blue, not red.)

Bill "not THAT big" S.

PS: An ex wrote to say I'm a hunk and get better looking with age. {pause}
Nice they allow e-mail in the mental ward, eh?!? :)

tom
May 9th 06, 01:26 AM
At'sa funny shirt. Hydrophobic? Tom

JD
May 9th 06, 09:27 PM
MTBBill wrote:
> The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
> Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
> status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
> been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought to
> have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
> sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
>
> Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured that
> proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.
>
> See for yourself.
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg
>

> -Bill

Post of the year!

JD

G.T.
May 9th 06, 09:53 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> MTBBill wrote:
> > The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
> > Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
> > status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
> > been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought to
> > have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
> > sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
> >
> > Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured that
> > proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.
> >
> > See for yourself.
> > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg
> >

> > -Bill
>

> Post of the year!

I second that.

Greg

Sorni
May 9th 06, 09:56 PM
G.T. wrote:
> "JD" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> MTBBill wrote:
>>> The fires that burned through the back country and open lands of San
>>> Diego in 2003 put several species in the endangered and threatened
>>> status. While much of the flora and fauna of San Diego county has
>>> been recovering quite well, one particular species had been thought
>>> to have perished in the fires. There has been rumors of sproadic
>>> sightings of this species but overall its outlook looked dim.
>>>
>>> Until yesterday, when a confirmed sighting of the species occured
>>> that proved that it was not only alive, but thriving.
>>>
>>> See for yourself.
>>> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/images/misc/EDA-2003037-Sighting.jpg
>>>

>>> -Bill
>>

>> Post of the year!
>>

> I second that.

OK, next time I'm sucking in my gut AND cheeks, God damn it.

(How many proposals would I get THEN?!?)

> Greg

Ed Pirrero
May 10th 06, 01:44 AM
Sorni wrote:

> Nice they allow e-mail in the mental ward, eh?!? :)

Well, *that* explains your usenet, uh, "personality".

E.P.

Sorni
May 10th 06, 02:09 AM
Ed Pirrero wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>>
>> Nice they allow e-mail in the mental ward, eh?!? :)
>
> Well, *that* explains your usenet, uh, "personality".

Ed, why do you ALWAYS post dishonestly? Hell, what I wrote was already
self-deprecating; why bother misrepresenting it?

Are you and the Dough Baby the same person? (I lose track of anonymous
pricks' identities. Really.)

Bill "shakes head" S.

Ed Pirrero
May 10th 06, 03:04 AM
Sorni wrote:
> Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > Sorni wrote:
> >>
> >> Nice they allow e-mail in the mental ward, eh?!? :)
> >
> > Well, *that* explains your usenet, uh, "personality".
>
> Ed, why do you ALWAYS post dishonestly? Hell, what I wrote was already
> self-deprecating; why bother misrepresenting it?
>
> Are you and the Dough Baby the same person? (I lose track of anonymous
> pricks' identities. Really.)
>
> Bill "shakes head" S.

And the shakes, too?

Wow. I feel sorry for you. Tremens AND in serious need of a humor
transplant.

Lighten the **** up, Bill.

E.P.

Sorni
May 10th 06, 05:46 AM
Ed Pirrero wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> Ed Pirrero wrote:

>>> Well, *that* explains your usenet, uh, "personality".
>>
>> Ed, why do you ALWAYS post dishonestly? Hell, what I wrote was
>> already self-deprecating; why bother misrepresenting it?
>>
>> Are you and the Dough Baby the same person? (I lose track of
>> anonymous pricks' identities. Really.)
>>
>> Bill "shakes head" S.
>
> And the shakes, too?
>
> Wow. I feel sorry for you. Tremens AND in serious need of a humor
> transplant.

Was your post good-natured, "Ed"? Or mean-spirited as almost always?

> Lighten the **** up, Bill.

"Ed", do I REALLY need to re-cap this?

Forget it, you're just not worth it.

Ed Pirrero
May 10th 06, 05:01 PM
Sorni wrote:
> Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > Sorni wrote:

> >> Ed, why do you ALWAYS post dishonestly? Hell, what I wrote was
> >> already self-deprecating; why bother misrepresenting it?
> >>
> >> Are you and the Dough Baby the same person? (I lose track of
> >> anonymous pricks' identities. Really.)
> >>
> >> Bill "shakes head" S.
> >
> > And the shakes, too?
> >
> > Wow. I feel sorry for you. Tremens AND in serious need of a humor
> > transplant.
>
> Was your post good-natured, "Ed"? Or mean-spirited as almost always?

Leap to conclusions much?

> > Lighten the **** up, Bill.
>
> "Ed", do I REALLY need to re-cap this?

Yes. Please recap the subtle distinction between your snarkiness and
mine, and why yours is acceptable, and mine is not.

> Forget it, you're just not worth it.

And you have a transparently thin skin. Are you sure you're up to
usenet, "Bill"?

E.P.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home