PDA

View Full Version : Muni VS Trials...

trials_uni
May 9th 06, 03:08 AM
At the end of next month i will ahve about $600 at my disposal and ive
decided to spend it on (whatelse..)unicycle stuff. im just having a
hard time deciding whether i should get a trials wheelset with
profiles(which would give me 2 splined trials unis)or if i should get a
Bedford Muni with a KH hub and cranks(which would give me 3 unis, 1
splined muni, 1 splined trials, and one learner) i just cant decide
what i wanna do though...i really want a muni but i want a good strong
trials too(im currently runnin the gen 1 KH hub)i ride trials more but
i still want somethoing that i can use to ride the trails with(the 20"
trials doesnt have alot of rolling power). any suggestions?? arguements
for or against each??

thanks in advance for the help
-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

ColDawG
May 9th 06, 03:10 AM
well if you already have a splined trials that's not broken, get a muni
for sure

in fact, unless you're sure you'll never do ANY muni, get one
and if u decide on a splined trials, get an '06 KH, it's SO much better
than profiles :D

--
ColDawG

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

http://www.wheelaway.com/
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

trials_uni
May 9th 06, 03:14 AM
to coldawg: if i did get trials it wouldnt be a new uni it would only be
the wheelset

and im almost sure i will get the muni but im very flip floppy till its
go time so ill probly just let my self battle my own brain till i have
the money then settle happily.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

mornish
May 9th 06, 03:55 AM
id go for the kh freeride if u get the uni. it is -very- fun to ride.--

--
mornish

><>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

forrestunifreak
May 9th 06, 04:15 AM
Get a muni, then you would have both flavors!

Unless you really think you'll break your trials. Which I doubt.

--
forrestunifreak

**Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*

><> Unicycle for Christ *<><*

andrew_carter
May 9th 06, 08:37 AM
ColDawG wrote:
> get an '06 KH, it's SO much better than profiles :D

How so?

--
andrew_carter

...well that's what i think anyway.
*'www.unicycletips.com' (http://www.unicycletips.com) | 'my photos
and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) | '\\"dancing
about architecture\\"'
(http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)*

Eddbmxdude
May 9th 06, 09:07 AM
I just rode trials and street and i thought thats all i liked. Then i
bought a Muni and turned a whole new page. I love it! Theres something
about tearing through the woods that feels so good. Also if you get a
muni you will have the choice between the two, Trials when its dry or
Muni when its wet!

Whatever you get, im sure it will rock!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"May you tread lightly through the dark time of the day and may your
nose stay chunk-free." - Mrboogiejuice

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

dorfman
May 9th 06, 12:00 PM
ha i would get the coker with some upgrades...but thats just me

depends on what you do or want to do more if you have the time and plan
to do some muni go for the muni

but if you have way mor oportunities to do trials and street got for
the wheels set...and besides if you get the new wheel set you will have
some back up parts from your old wheel set

it really up 2 you but if i had 600 dollars at my disposal i wouldnt
know what to do with it either...but i would prolly get a coker

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

maestro8
May 9th 06, 04:51 PM
ColDawG wrote:
> get an '06 KH, it's SO much better than profiles :D

not to start another profile / kh debate, but can you back up your
opinion with anything more than a smiley? could you give me a few
bullet points as to why i should throw away my profiles and get a kh,
if it's SO MUCH BETTER?

there's a lot of opinionated comparisons made in these fora, but not
many that are backed up with facts or even testemonials... you guys are
a lousy bunch of salesmen!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx